Gary Johnson: The much more electable Libertarian; ignored by Paul fans.

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by huevonkiller, Dec 25, 2011.

1. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    http://www.uncoveredpolitics.com/20...hnson-should-have-been-the-liberty-candidate/

For years now I've been hearing about how the newsletters might bother Paul. I like the guy but this is a real problem politically (I have no idea if he wrote or didn't wrote those newsletters because there are so many out there).

Johnson won two terms as Governor in a Democratic state, and left New Mexico with a billion dollar budget surplus. Gary Johnson was a legitimate Libertarian but I get the feeling he was ignored because he was pro-choice and didn't spew this xenophobic pipe-dream nonsense about borders. He doesn't have a big scandal over his head and the Ron Paul fans still dislike him for the most part. I think Paul fans are not strictly Libertarian and it is troubling.

I think Gary Johnson's foreign policy is not perfect (pretty good though), but aside from that he is great should have been given access to the televised debates.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2011
  2. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Well, they are Republican party debates, and he wasn't an important candidate in that party. However, I would have liked to see him in the debates too.

barfo

3. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    He was polling better than Santorum and Huntsman in some of these debates.

I like your sentiments though. :]