LAC @ GSW 7:30PM

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=ArRXhRLE0wpRSLovQcMoFK.8vLYF?gid=2011122509

Warriors couldn't hit their jumpers in the first quarter, but played strong defense and rebounded the glass well. Second quarter, the warriors came back and attempted to attack the zone and create a more uptempo style of game.

So far it's been the David Lee and Monta Ellis show. Both are looking to score the ball inside and get others involved on offense, while playing tough D and rebounding the ball well.

Andris Biedrins has also played very well defensively and is on his way to a double digit rebounding game and already has 3 blocked shots.

Dorell Wright had a great 3 pointer and should hopefully receive the ball more as he is the team's best shooter and can keep defenses honest from long range.

Steph Curry looks like he's playing hurt and the coach is probably going to manage his minutes and see what he can get from Klay Thompson. Klay Thompson has missed his first three shots and is trying to make adjustments on defense for his first nba game.

Udoh and McGuire have been aggressive defensively. Kwame Brown is looking very strong presence as backup center to Biedrins. Brandon Rush looks as if he can get some big minutes backing up the 2/3 spot if Klay Thompson is not ready to play and Steph Curry is to be rested until his ankle heals.

2. Custodianrules2

Warriors play hack-a-Jordan. Not sure I agree with that strategy because he makes about 1 pt every possession and the Warriors are getting 0 every trip down. He makes Shaq and Biedrins look like Peja Stojakavic.

3. iLL PiLL

iLL PiLL JBB JustBBall Member

So far all the huddles ESPN is showing with Mark Jackson, he is isn't talking about X's and O's. It's all motivational speeches

4. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Wtf was he talking about with the "random offense" too? Is he calling plays or are they just randomly moving the ball?

Defensive schemes actually seemed helpful though. All of a sudden we're a crappy offensive team though when you slow the pace. I guess Curry and Wright being relative non-factors didn't help though.

Positives: Lee looked good, Brandon Rush seems solid, Klay showed some flashes, Beans was pretty decent, team defense scheme looks legitimate, we actually outrebounded them.

Negatives: Curry, Wright, Kwame looks like shit, Udoh is meh, Monta totally kills the offensive flow, do we have any actual plays on offense?

5. iLL PiLL

iLL PiLL JBB JustBBall Member

Haha doesn't look like we have any offensive plays. Our D is looking better than last year but you're dead on that our offense is suffering from it. It seems to be if we were running and gunning we would have made his an actual game.

6. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    This is a product of bringing in a new coach and having no off-season. I think this ownership is totally overwhelmed. It's going to be a VERY long, shortened season.

7. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    Yeah, it's going to be a looooooong season. I just heard that Monta's grandmother passed on before last night's game. Yup, the same one whose phone he used for sexting. Feel awful for him. Monta needs to put aside his personal problems while at work.

Klay had another off night shooting, but he was able to get 7 points. He should improve, but I suppose we have to give him time.

AB looks like he's in better shape this year and his play showed it.

Curry needs to stay healthy and sit out if necessary to rest his right ankle. I did not like hearing he heard it pop.

David Lee seems like he's going to have a similar year to his all-star year. Can he make all-star along with Monta?

I have no idea how the bench will do, but they have to get better. Things are not settled right now, so we'll have to see the Warriors play about two weeks to see where they are. I would say they are similar to last year = 29 wins.

8. Custodianrules2

Yeah, the warriors may have been playing together for a longer time than most teams, but they've had so much coaching turnaround over the years that it's going to take a while to learn a structured offense. Plus, when the offense isn't running crisply, guys are just going to try and run it or attack 1 on 5.

It will be painful to watch for a while, but I don't think anybody here thought playoffs was a surefire thing. Most likely we will fail to reach the playoffs and we will be counting on the 2012-2013 season unless we get a shakeup trade like the Baron Davis one we got several years ago.