Westbrook??? NOOOOO!!!

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by philsmith75, Dec 29, 2011.

1. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Westbrook got into another shouting match with Durant and there's speculation that he'll be a goner. J.J. Adande of espn says the ideal swap is Westbrook for Curry. My gut/initial reaction is absolutely, positiviely, NO. Curry is cheaper, a better shooter, and most importantly, makes those around him better.

I just cannot stand Westbrook. I hate his facial expressions on the court, the fact that he's a complainer, the fact that he cannot get along with the most gentle of superstars, Durant, and the fact that he just scores (often in amazing, absolutely physically dominant fashion) but does not really make others better.

2. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Seems like a bad fit next to Monta. Hes got the body for the job but is he a real PG? Dude is a hell of a talent though and I would think has more value than Curry if we should flip him.

I don't understand why OKC wouldn't go after Dwight if they decided to move Westbrook though. Westbrook + Ibaka + filler seems like the best Orlando is going to get. OKC would still have Harden, Durant, Dwight, Perk to build around. Perhaps Dwight really demands a big city but hard to argue playing with Durant. Obviously Curry would be a nice replacement for them but why not trade up for Deron/Dwight than laterally for Curry? You might even be able to get Rondo + extras from Boston since they've lowered his value by ringing him through the mud all offseason. Though that would just leave them with another bad attitude PG.

3. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    I would love that trade. It would be an upgrade at PG with Westbrook. If Curry could play more a penetrator and dish PG along with his shoot and distribute, then he would be better. If Westbrook and Monta do not mesh, then we can always trade Monta.

The deal probably would not happen, but since OKC is going for the title, who knows what they will do if their disharmony continues.

Hmm... I think it would be a good fit because they have similar games. Westbrook has better handles while Monta has a better mid-range game. They should be able to learn to work together. Each should allow the other to have easier games. What I would be concerned about is the perimeter shooting we lose with Curry. However, we have Dorell, Lee, Klay, and Rush.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Only trade I'd do is Monta for Westbrook and make Westbrook play the off.-guard position. I would not trade Curry because he is too valuable.

Curry practically plugs into almost any kind of team. He can go up-temp or half-court and he is either a distributor, a set shooter, or a scorer. He can start or come off the bench. I'd like to think of a Steph Curry as a Steve Nash type of guy, he could get older and slower with time, but he'd still make everyone around him that much better (barring any serious injuries).

With Westbrook and him getting older? Not sure if he could survive with his shooting touch. He'd just be another guy in the league, possibly where Steve Francis or Stephon Marbury or Gilbert Arenas have wound up without all that athleticism.

Of the jaw-dropping point guards and combo guards from 5 years ago, I'd rather have the slow, no-thrills likes of Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, and Chauncey Billups because the biggest weapon they have is decision-making and the ability to anticipate and knock down the open shot.