Andrew Luck preps for NFL draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by truebluefan, Jan 3, 2012.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

A year ago, Andrew Luck eschewed the NFL and the likely distinction of being the No. 1 overall pick for a shot at the Heisman Trophy and a BCS national championship. He got neither, finishing as the runner-up for a second straight year and losing the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl in overtime.

But Luck said after Monday's 41-38 loss to Oklahoma State that he regrets nothing about returning to Stanford for his all-but-official final season with the Cardinal.

"Yes, it was worth it," Luck said. "Not to say I enjoyed every moment, because I didn't. But I would never regret it. I felt I grew a lot as a person, as a player."

Luck is still the presumed top choice, due in part to the fact that he leaves Stanford as the school's career leader in total offense, touchdown passes, passing efficiency and completion percentage.

While Luck, a junior, has yet to file any official paperwork or hire an agent, he has said he will head home to West Virginia and make those decisions with his parents, including his father Oliver, a former NFL quarterback.

"Obviously I gotta figure out the agent and where to train and all that other stuff," Luck told ESPN's Heather Cox. "To be honest, I haven't given it much thought. I've sort of let my parents handle that. I'm sure they have a checklist of things to go over when I get there."

Read more: http://espn.go.com/college-football...stanford-cardinal-was-worth-no-nfl-preference