Bobby Roode Speaks Out - Being Champion, & More

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling' started by truebluefan, Jan 6, 2012.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Bobby Roode was recently interviewed by the UK Sun, here are the highlights…

On Being TNA Champion: "Being the Champ is one of the reasons I got into this business in the first place — and it's a good feeling! I may be under pressure and be busy all the time, but I want to run with this as long as I can."

On Facing Sting: "I'll defend my belt against anyone who comes after it but my dream is to battle Sting. He's been a real thorn in my side so it would be great to beat him up all over the UK. It's his first trip there in a decade, which makes the thought of pinning his shoulders to the mat even more appealing."

On Working in the UK: "Then to work with Flair was unbelievable, it was an honour to have him with us. He is a legend and I'd say he is the best champion ever in this business. We learned so much and his stories on the road are always amazing. The UK crowds are wonderful but I get the feeling they may not like me as much this time around!"

On Hulk Hogan Saying Roode "Wasn't The Guy": "Those comments Hogan made never bothered me, there is a method to the madness in wrestling and things are said all the time, who knows what is right or wrong. To be frank I think that situation worked in my favour, it helped fire me up and got me to where I am now. I am now the face of the company and I plan on being so for a long time. I want to be the best champion ever. That's not just here in TNA, I want to make my mark across the wrestling world. My aim is to become the most hated guy to step foot in the business!"

Source: EWN