Bulls dispatch Wizards as John Lucas III covers for hurt Derrick Rose

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by truebluefan, Jan 12, 2012.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

John Lucas III wrapped himself in towels and sat down at his locker with a bucket of ice near his feet. After his first NBA start, the Chicago backup guard was weary and had earned a rest.

Replacing injured MVP Derrick Rose, Lucas kept shooting Wednesday night. He put up 28 shots from the field during a 45-minute, 38-second outing and scored a career-high 25 points to lead Chicago to a 78-64 over the Washington Wizards.

2. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Deng and Lucas go 16-49 (< 33%) and the Bulls somehow manage to score enough points to win it.

I enjoyed watching Lucas play and get his, but I don't think he's worthy of many minutes on this team if Watson is healthy. I don't think he ran the team well at all. Most of the plays seemed to be lack of passing, shot clock running out, and Lucas able to manufacture a shot.

The Bulls are winning lately because Kyle Korver has been really coming through. Games of 18, 13, 8, 13, and 14 points. He's been 15-25 from 3pt (60%). Bulls are 4-1 in those games. If he weren't scoring, nobody but Rose would be. That would mean we'd need 20 to 30 point fourth quarters from Rose. Korver scored 5 points in 1 minute 12 seconds in Q4 last night and the Bulls extended their lead from 4 to 9 and never look back.