Hulk Hogan Clarifies Bobby Roode Comments

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling' started by truebluefan, Jan 27, 2012.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Hulk Hogan recently spoke about his recommendation that Bobby Roode not win the World Title at Bound For Glory, his comment that Roode wasn't "the guy" and more. Hogan said that he didn't think Roode had what was needed as a babyface and needed to go heel to get that extra edge.

"It was my opinion, and it was a simple gut feeling to do what was best for the company," Hogan said. "I was sitting watching Roode's parents saying what a great son he is and his wife saying what a great husband he is and his kids saying what a great dad he is. He's the ultimate good guy. He's going to win the belt! But, then what? Who does he wrestle? So, I sat back and thought, ‘You guys have just done one of the best old school wrestling angles I've ever seen.'"

He added, "[Turning Roode heel] give him that extra spice – then he'll have everyone to work with, rather than throw him out there and set him up for failure."

He noted that he expected to be vilified for the comments. "It was just me trying to take a step back, throwing in my two cents. They didn't have to do it – I didn't make anyone do anything. It just makes sense."

Source: EWN