Warriors In Contact With Hornets On Kaman

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by truebluefan, Jan 31, 2012.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

The Warriors have talked with New Orleans about a trade centering around Chris Kaman, but sources say a deal is unlikely.

Kaman is in the final season of his contract.

The Hornets seek expiring contracts, draft picks and young talent.

Read more: http://www.mercurynews.com/warriors/ci_19849080?source=rss

2. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

Its not hard to call and offer Biedrins for Kaman; a little harder to get them to accept.

I want to blow this up so bad that I'd take what Steinmetz proposed, Kaman and 1st rd for Monta.

3. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    I do that trade in a heartbeat.

Not much out there in free agency as a 2. I guess we could make a run at Ginobli, but he's going to be overpriced. Raja Bell is out there, but he's pretty much done. So I'd say either, move Klay to the 2 next year and grab someone from the D-League (I've always said 2 guards are a dime-a-dozen) or pick one up in a bigger move. It's really a shame that the front office didn't use the amnesty on Biedrins. The Warriors could be in a pretty good rebuilding position had they done it.

4. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

But according to Coach Jackson, Biedrins is an "elite" defender. If you believe that, I've got some Arizona beachfront property to sell you.

5. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Chris Kaman is sounding really good right now. David Lee and Kaman together on the floor isn't bad. Plenty of scoring, lots of skill. My biggest problem with Biedrins is that he plays too much with his hands and he just gets duped into doing stupid things. Plus, he's terrible at the free throw line and he just doesn't have an offense to keep defenses honest. Kaman could definitely help us get more spacing and he's a good rebounder and okay shot blocker.

6. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    Lacob said he could not amnesty Biedrins because of what he still has left. The ownership has changed, but it's still the same Warriors.

I doubt Kaman will come to the Warriors, so will be content if Fitz and Larry Riley going away this season. Why? Fitz for being such a Warriors company sycophant and Riley for doing nothing.

7. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I think the ownership is much smarter than the previous ownership. I could see why amnesty on Biedrins sounded like a bad idea at the beginning of the season because he can produce double doubles. But now, it definitely sounds like a mistake because Biedrins has shown nothing like he did last year. I'm not sure if it's injuries or that Biedrins only averaged those double double type numbers because he was a high energy guy putting in the effort. Is this guy a mental case? He can't focus when his name is being discussed in trades?

I betcha ownership will give Biedrins much more leeway than the moves and non-moves that Riley has been doing.

I bet Riley is gone for sure. Udoh over Monroe (Many thought Monroe was the warriors pick for sure since he looked at as a Brad Miller type playmaking center), use amnesty/waive Lin in attempt to make room for Andre Jordan, that stupid thing involving Marcus Williams. The only good thing he appears to have done is sign David Lee. I'm not sure what else would be considered a good move because he either doesn't make any moves or he makes stupid ones. Guy isn't cutting it. He represents the same old warriors. The ownership can only get involved so far with operations and he's got to trust his hires to run the show.

If there is no trade after all-star break and the warriors are really trying to reach the playoffs, they better make it that's for damn sure. I hate the nba lottery system and settling for another #11 pick when in reality we deserve a #1, a pick that even GMs can't fck up.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  8. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Warriors are 6-4 their last 10 games, won 3 in a row against decent teams (Denver, Houston, Phoenix). The #8 seed team is 4-6 their last 10, and the #7 seed is 3-7. Maybe we are seeing a 2nd half playoff push by the Ws already.

Biedrens isn't getting a lot of PT, he seems lost out there. But amnesty on him would cost the team over $20M. Playing him for a season, he becomes a nice sized expiring contract. I can see the logic in keeping him.

9. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Doesn't he have a player option after this season? Doubt he passes up a 9 mil salary at this point.

10. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    I thought he used the option this season.