The Warriors lost Jeremy Lin, Reggie Williams, Charlie Bell (expiring), and who else?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by jason bourne, Feb 9, 2012.

1. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
  2. i hate the warriors

i hate the warriors Slingboxing from LONDON

Re: The Warriors lost Jeremy Lin, Reggie Williams, Charlie Bell (expiring), and who e

Wowwwww, I've never seen that interview before. I'm kind of speechless. If a casual basketball fan didn't understand the magnitude of the ability to amnesty a player, I would question their b-ball IQ...but the GM of an NBA team!? This amnesty debacle is one of the most inexplicably nearsighted and idiotic moves I can remember this team making. They could have taken 8-figures a year off the payroll!!! Did anybody actually think we were going to get Jordan with that offer??? The Clips already said they were going to match anything close! If we weren't risking anything, then yeah, give him the offer. But to waste our one-time opportunity to use a contractual mulligan is absolutely unforgivable. Charlie fucking Bell...you've got to be kidding me. This is such an obvious no-brainer that it has me thinking conspiracy theory type shit...is our team cursed?? How can we possibly be so stupid?

3. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect
    Re: The Warriors lost Jeremy Lin, Reggie Williams, Charlie Bell (expiring), and who e

They should just be transparent, and say, "Getting free agents to come without a trade is next to impossible, so we didn't amnesty of Biedrins because in 2 years he'll be a valuable expiring contract." That's stupid and defeatest, but it's the only logical explanation other than, "It's too expensive".

4. CohanHater

CohanHater JBB JustBBall Member

Enterprise Architect

The irony is, that Lin would've made Lacob way more than that 30 or so Million that they lost in Amnesty and Nate Robinson signings, had he done what he's doing in NY, here.

5. philsmith75

philsmith75 JBB JustBBall Member

How is it that you (Riley) would value Biedrins as a valuable expiring contract in 2 years but not Bell's expiring contract (and amnesty it instead)?

Even I, just a fan, know this. Ridiculous.

If you want to see a real GM, go see Moneyball. If you want to see a clown, see Riley, every day.

6. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement

Larry Riley is supposed to have said that he got at least ten offers for Biedrins last trade deadline. I haven't been able to verify this. Has anyone else heard this rumor? Second, you have to remember that Lacob, Jackson, and Riley thought this was a playoff team they put together. Thus, they value their starters and have trouble recognizing they are way off until reality hits them in the face.

I can accept letting Reggie go because of what he would command, but Lin (assuming you believe what Lacob thought of him) and the Bell expiring were valuable. This sounds like a bad decision dictated by the size of the contract remaining on Biedrins. The closest amnesty I could find is Indiana with James Posey at $6.9 M. They had a deal with Memphis for OJ Mayo, but screwed up the paperwork, so it failed.

7. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

My sentiments exactly. I am so pissed at the warriors right now I haven't even bothered to check the forum or watch any games for a while. Right now the warriors really disgust me. The opportunity is right there in front of them and they find some way to fck it up every single time. It is by no coincidence why the warriors continue to be this bad. The only chance we have is that the ownership sees exactly what's going on and puts somebody better than the people that Cohan and company were installing for years. Maybe they can pull the 49ers in a few years and be division leaders once they rid themselves of the incompetence.

It's totally up to the ownership because you can't win without a team of managers who can't make good decisions. From failing to get impact signings done, to waiving players that could have helped us, to making dumb trades that end up hurting our future, to installing clueless, rookie coaches season after season. This is just tiresome rooting for the same bullshit every season. It's like you have to have the patience of a redwood.