Update: Rampage Jackson to face Shogun, retire from UFC

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by speeds, Mar 6, 2012.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Yeah yeah, every time a fighter says he's retiring he doesn't, and since it's coming from someone as bipolar as Rampage we should probably just ignore it, but it's a slow news day so here you go...

http://mmajunkie.com/news/27735/qui...-next-octagon-appearance-will-be-his-last.mma

In the interview he reveals he's been using Testosterone Replacement Therapy (something a 33-year old pro athlete obviously needs). The approval for this stuff must be as strict as for medicinal marijuana.

Rumour has it Rampage/Shogun could be in the cards.

Rampage has expressed interest in professional boxing after his MMA career is through.

[​IMG]

2. speeds

Re: Quinton Jackson says next fight is last, using TRT, eyeing Shogun rematch

Page has also Tweeted some shit about the UFC, saying it stands for U Fight Cheap, and says that while his next UFC fight will be his last, it won't be his last fight in MMA.

Hope someone is checking up on him. Last time he got into a similar episode after a loss he was arrested.

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

He's probably gonna end his career in Japan. One more fight in the UFC, then off to Japan for freak show fights!

4. speeds

Well I'm hoping the @ufc just let me go so I can do my thang, they took my love of fighting after the Forest fight!

5. speeds

Re: Update: Rampage Jackson wants to be released from the UFC

Let me clear things up 4 my fans,it might take 2 tweets! I'm upset cause I've been fighting hurt 4 a few years now,cause I have kids n 4yall

The @ufc knew I was hurt,n almost everyfight I was hurt n,but instead of saying thanks 4 not pulling out,they talk s**t about a poor job....

I did,I never missed weight,but when I do, nobody stop 4 a second 2 ask if I was hurt,yall just quick 2 talk s**t,so I'm done with themafter

I'm not complaining about money,cause I'm about 2 make a lot less money now,but at least the people I fight 4 will appreciate what I do4mma

I have 1 more fight on my contract n @danawhite said n a text (that I've saved) hahaha that I can go after my last fight

y? So I can keep being under promoted n giving leg humpers who just wants 2 take me down all the time instead of havin a show?

6. speeds

Looks like Rampage is "gettin' too old for this shit."

[​IMG]

7. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Go back to Japan, ass clown. Fuck I can't stand this guy. My GF's sister is friends with Rampage and his camp (she trains there) and I get to hear about how great of a guy he his and blah blah blah...he isn't. He's a douche and a dick and the game has passed him by. Age is catching up with him. Go back to Japan and do your freak show fights. If you're hurt, pull the fuck out. If you don't, STFU about it because nobody goes into a fight 100%.

8. speeds

In eleven fights for the UFC, Page has had six main events, four of which have been title fights. Despite losing his last fight and missing weight he made at minimum $200,000 plus PPV revenue, sponsorship money, and whatever bonus the UFC decided to give him after the fight (if any). $50,000 of his guaranteed pay went to Bader.

Has the UFC done him dirty? Seems like he's been one of the top guys the whole time.

9. speeds

Page says Joe Silva should be slapped in the face for making him fight "leg humpers" who "just want to take [him] down", and that he used to make more money in the UFC than he does now.

This is the same guy who railed on PRIDE for the way they determined tournament seedings and said that there were fixed fights and crooked referees stood him up when he was in advantageous positions.

I don't think he's happy unless he's winning.

10. speeds

The Shogun fight is the last on his deal, after which he will be free to leave the UFC and explore other options, or sign a new contract. I think he'll take some time off and once he sees that nobody is going to give him $500k every four months to do anything else, he'll sign a new deal.

Page is kind of bipolar. As my grandfather would say, the guy is up and down like a fiddler's elbow.