Thread: Luke Babbitt appreciation thread!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. TOP #51
    Nate Dogg is developing a reputation Nate Dogg's Avatar On the First Team

Default Re: Luke Babbitt appreciation thread!

He didn't get cut by PA and management and so they see something in him. At least with Luke, he makes his shots so far, unlike Chris Johnson who just commits fouls, and block shots. Luke does look better this season than last. He has learned some cordinated hustle.
    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfan20 View Post
    Fact is, Oregon St. is a mediocre program not on the Ducks level as far as success, exposure, $$$ and facilities.
    So i guess he still supports its fucked up football students.

2. TOP #52
    Nikolokolus has disabled reputation Nikolokolus's Avatar No worries, Bert has this

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "90% of everything is crap" -- Theodore Sturgeon

3. TOP #53
    magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661's Avatar B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

I wonder if Babbit actually comes out with some hustle! I actually think he's better than we used to joke about. The White Flag, could turn into a J J Reddick type asset to a team? Maybe I'm reaching here. LOL
    -

4. TOP #54
    Nikolokolus has disabled reputation Nikolokolus's Avatar No worries, Bert has this

Quote Originally Posted by magnifier661 View Post
    I wonder if Babbit actually comes out with some hustle! I actually think he's better than we used to joke about. The White Flag, could turn into a J J Reddick type asset to a team? Maybe I'm reaching here. LOL
    If Babbitt could stop playing with that "deer in the headlights", "I'm not sure I belong here" look on his face then maybe ... but I just don't think he's got enough lateral mobility to cover 3s or enough size to cover 4s. At best he might become a Steve Novak type, but he sure as hell hasn't displayed much catch and shoot ability; he seems to be at his personal best when he's handling the ball (god help us).
    Last edited by Nikolokolus; 03-26-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5. TOP #55
    Sinobas has written some things that people like Sinobas has written some things that people like Sinobas has written some things that people like Sinobas's Avatar Good Enough for my Own Shoe

Babbit is now averaging 12 rebounds per 36 minutes, and he's lighting it up from 3pt range at a rate of 57%. He's the 2nd coming of Mike Miller!

6. TOP #56
    Pinwheel1 is becoming well known Pinwheel1 is becoming well known Pinwheel1 is becoming well known Pinwheel1 is becoming well known Good Enough for my Own Shoe

I think he has skills. He is not one dimensional on offense. He really needed a summer league and a fall camp. Right now he is thinking too much out there. But fundamentally he is sound. Love his quick outlet passes. He has a nice step back shot off the dribble.

We will see what happens once everyone has seem him a few times, but I am not ready to get rid of him yet. We always need shooters. Yes his lateral quickness could be a problem with other SF's. But he is not a stiff.

Just cut the fucking hair.

7. TOP #57
    MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game

I like Babs.

Seriously.

Never realized how tenacious he is at boards and does an adequate job on defense. Needs to learn when to shoot. Just like Nolan, he does a lot better when he doesn't have to think, instead of just doing. Letting the game come to him. When he's hitting, its a thing of beauty. He could be what everybody wished Luke Jackson could be, minus the freak atheleticsm Jackson had.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze01 View Post
    Lillard is fools gold....and some of you guys are buying right into it...

8. TOP #58

I think there's lots of Blazer fans think he will always be the 15th man on the roster but he has been doing the following.

1. He's getting better on the NBA feel and intensity.
    2. His 3 pt ability seems to be consistent in his time allowed. Based upon his stats his 3 pt percentage hasn't dropped below 33%.
    3. Getting better on passing the ball to teammates.

Disadvantages:
    1. Defense, he does cover his man most of the time but tries to put his hands in his defenders face to try to block the shot.
    2. Can he set plays where he's open for a shot?
    3. He needs to improve his comfort level in the paint area, looks like hes timid most of the time?

Bottom line: Is he worthy of a 13-15 roster spot? Yes, only if he gets at least 8 min per game because he can hit the 3 point attempt.
    Fact is, Oregon St. is a mediocre program not on the Ducks level as far as success, exposure, $$$ and facilities.

9. TOP #59
    KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed's Avatar Veteran

Luke played great tonight. In addition to hitting two threes, he was very active on D and on the glass. I'm enjoying watching him play. Go Luke! Glad you're finally getting your chance.

10. TOP #60
    maybeso is developing a reputation Little League All Star

It would appear that the Blazers will pick up his 3rd year...

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/03/b...ts-option.html

11. TOP #61
    Boise Blazer is becoming well known Boise Blazer is becoming well known Boise Blazer is becoming well known Boise Blazer is becoming well known Boise Blazer is becoming well known Boise Blazer's Avatar Thread Lightly

Its too bad that we arent in a situation to play him a bunch of minutes to see of picking up that option is worth it ... wait ... oh yeah.

12. TOP #62
    blue32 has written some things that people like blue32 has written some things that people like blue32's Avatar On the First Team

meh, crap player.

13. TOP #63
    jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk's Avatar The ESPN mod is insane.

Cavs GM hints he will sign either Uzoh or Armon Johnson to a 10-day.

One candidate is Ben Uzoh, who appeared in two games for the Cavs earlier this season. Another is Armon Johnson, waived by Portland on Feb. 27. Johnson was the 34th pick in the 2010 draft. “We’re going to have to fill that position,” Grant said.
    http://chronicle.northcoastnow.com/2...-up-the-picks/
    This week's favorites:
    He went to my high school...so I'm basically famous

I didn't edit your reply. All I did was remove the quote to which you replied.

Aldridge used to say "Uh, definitely." He changed the culture of the organization when he switched to “You know.”

Hinrich is going to get the BAE and we have that so why would we give up McCollum
    Edit: Disregard. I see you are already getting pounded. I don't want to pile on.

My question is about the elitist douches who liked his post when this is an elitist hating another elitist. Save that crap for the sauna room you soft poof

14. TOP #64

Quote Originally Posted by blue32 View Post
    meh, crap player.
    And Chris Johnson was better? I constantly saw Chris draw fouls. Did Chris ever get more than 4 points in any game with Portland? At least Luke can hit 3's unlike Crawford or Felton lately. Crawford is like Wallace, hits his game in spurts sometimes crappy and other times decent. As long as Luke gets 10 minutes in a game he has value with a PER thats still 11.

Plus, he's still cheap to have on the roster that is attempting to clean house.
    Last edited by Nate Dogg; 03-27-2012 at 02:52 AM.

15. TOP #65

The Babbitt man delivered in limited playing time tonight against the Thunder. At least he can hit the three consistent even against the thunder (total 6 points).
    (against the kings)

Spin: Babbitt also pulled down five rebounds and tacked on one steal in 17 minutes off the bench for the Blazers. Over the past four games, he's played a supporting role in three of them, accumulating 25 points (8-19 FG, 4-4 FT), 14 boards, five treys, and one steal in 36 minutes total. With Portland's season quickly slipping away, don't be surprised if deep reserves like Babbitt earn more run, thereby enhancing their fantasy value. Currently, though, only owners in the deepest of leagues should consider having Babbitt on their rosters.

16. TOP #66
    KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed's Avatar Veteran

He's getting better every game. He's a keeper. Fantastic shooter off bench. We haven't had a guy like this since James Jones. He's money.

17. TOP #67
    alex42083 has written some things that people like alex42083 has written some things that people like alex42083's Avatar Thanks Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by KingSpeed View Post
    He's a keeper.
    Franchise cornerstone.

18. TOP #68

We got Babbitized !
    Last edited by Nate Dogg; 03-30-2012 at 12:21 AM.

19. TOP #69
    Pinwheel1 is becoming well known Pinwheel1 is becoming well known Pinwheel1 is becoming well known Pinwheel1 is becoming well known Good Enough for my Own Shoe

I heard he was white and will be out of the league next year.

20. TOP #70

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1 View Post
    I don't see that happening. If you see in the Blazers rosters past, there is always at least one white player in the roster.

21. TOP #71
    GriLtCheeZ is becoming well known GriLtCheeZ is becoming well known GriLtCheeZ is becoming well known GriLtCheeZ's Avatar Tuco - The Ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Pinwheel1 View Post
    "Trade Babbitt for a second round pick." "Cut Babbitt for cap space." "Trade Babbitt for some Chalupsas." These are my favorites.
    "I don’t like to speak badly of people. I have grown up thinking and being told that if you cannot say something nice about someone, you should not say anything at all. But I must break that rule in this case because I hate Hulk Hogan very much. He is a big ugly goon and I want to smash his face."
    - Andre the Giant

22. TOP #72
    GriLtCheeZ is becoming well known GriLtCheeZ is becoming well known GriLtCheeZ is becoming well known GriLtCheeZ's Avatar Tuco - The Ugly

As of now Chalupa man has a PER of 14.91. Isn't 15.0 an average NBA starter? His PER rating fluctuates 'cause of his limited minutes though. The kid is gonna be alright.
    "I don’t like to speak badly of people. I have grown up thinking and being told that if you cannot say something nice about someone, you should not say anything at all. But I must break that rule in this case because I hate Hulk Hogan very much. He is a big ugly goon and I want to smash his face."
    - Andre the Giant

23. TOP #73
    Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff's Avatar habiller pour la victoire

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Dogg View Post
    I don't see that happening. If you see in the Blazers rosters past, there is always at least one white player in the roster.
    Joel Pryzbilla! POW!

24. TOP #74

Post game interview: http://www.nba.com/blazers/video/201...120329-2050893

“That’s huge,” Batum said of Babbitt’s performance. “We know he’s a great shooter, so if he can come in on the court, he can spread the court for us. What he did tonight was great.”

"The Trail Blazers did some damage themselves from behind the arc, led by Luke Babbitt, who leads all second-year players in the NBA now at just a hair below 50 percent on the season. Babbitt gave Portland a huge boost off the bench, scoring 16 points in just 17 minutes of action. Opportunity is something he’s been given now, and he’s certainly making the most of it."

"Luke's been working his tail off in practice," interim coach Kaleb Canales said. "I'm happy for him. He's getting the opportunity to play, but we've always believed in Luke."

"The guy is hot, we're going to find him," Felton said. "Luke is a great shooter. He's been doing that all year in practice, since Day One. he's getting his opportunity and taking advantage of it. As a point guard, I love to see Luke over there in that corner or popping when I'm coming off the screen and roll because he can shoot the ball. I'm going to look for him because he knocks it down."
    - Andre the Giant

25. TOP #75

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Dogg View Post
    Well Shit Babbitt has a better PER at this moment than Felton with less time. Even though they are different positions, at least Babbitt can hit 3's and rebound.

Babbitt: PPG 2.2 APG 0.2 RPG 1.7 PER: 14.93 MPG for 2011-12: 5
    Felton: PPG 10.1 APG 6.0 RPG 2.1 PER: 11.15 MPG for 2011-12: 31
    I don't know what you're point is?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information