Thread: OSU Makes 2012 CBI Tournament?

+ Reply to Thread
  1. TOP #1
    JFizzleRaider is becoming well known JFizzleRaider is becoming well known JFizzleRaider is becoming well known JFizzleRaider is becoming well known JFizzleRaider's Avatar Smile

Default OSU Makes 2012 CBI Tournament?

Haven't heard anything official, but Wikipedia has Oregon State as one of the participants of the 2012 CBI basketball tournament.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Co...l_Invitational
    CHECK OUT THE NBA GENERAL FORUM!!

http://sportstwo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135

2. TOP #2
    JFizzleRaider is becoming well known JFizzleRaider is becoming well known JFizzleRaider is becoming well known JFizzleRaider is becoming well known JFizzleRaider's Avatar Smile

Default Re: OSU Makes 2012 CBI Tournament?

3. TOP #3
    Nate Dogg is developing a reputation Nate Dogg's Avatar On the First Team

Heres more news on the Beavers and their postseason news and other stat info.
    The Oregon State men's basketball team (19-14) will play in postseason competition for the third time in four years when the Beavers host Western Illinois (18-14) at 7 p.m. on Wednesday at Gill Coliseum in the opening round of the College Basketball Invitational presented by Zebra Pen in a game televised on HDNet.
    "I'm extremely excited to still be playing and it's exciting to be playing with a good field of teams," Oregon State head coach Craig Robinson said. "When you're playing as well as we've been playing at the end of the year, you want to keep playing. Not only for your one senior who is graduating, but for your team that is coming back to start the preparation process for next year."

Ticket information will be released Monday morning and tickets will go on sale beginning at noon.

The fifth annual CBI presented by Zebra Pen will again consist of 16 teams vying for a national championship. Three of the eight first round games will commence on Tuesday with the remaining first round games being played on Wednesday. The quarterfinal round will take place on Monday, March 19 with semifinal round games being played on Wednesday, March 21. The best-of-three championship series begins on Monday, March 26 and continues on Wednesday, March 28. Should a third game be necessary, it will be played on Friday, March 30.

With a 19-14 record, the Beavers have their most victories in a season since winning 22 in 1989-90 and have clinched just their second winning season since Gary Payton was a senior and Oregon State last advanced to the NCAA Tournament 22 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfan20 View Post
    Fact is, Oregon St. is a mediocre program not on the Ducks level as far as success, exposure, $$$ and facilities.
    So i guess he still supports its fucked up football students.

4. TOP #4
    BoBoBREWSKI is making friends BoBoBREWSKI is making friends BoBoBREWSKI is making friends BoBoBREWSKI is making friends BoBoBREWSKI is making friends BoBoBREWSKI is making friends BoBoBREWSKI's Avatar BURP!

CBI - yee ha!

Go Beavs.

5. TOP #5

This can only help on getting more recruits and another .500 and above season.
    Fact is, Oregon St. is a mediocre program not on the Ducks level as far as success, exposure, $$$ and facilities.

6. TOP #6
    BoBoBREWSKI is making friends BoBoBREWSKI is making friends BoBoBREWSKI is making friends BoBoBREWSKI is making friends BoBoBREWSKI is making friends BoBoBREWSKI is making friends BoBoBREWSKI's Avatar BURP!

Next up - TCU on Monday.

7. TOP #7

OSU vs TCU matchup.....

THE GAME: With victories in five of the last six games, Oregon State (20-14) looks to continue the hot streak when it hosts the TCU Horned Frogs (18-14) at Gill Coliseum on Monday at 7 p.m. in the quarterfinals of the College Basketball Invitational presented by Zebra Pen.

TELEVISION: The game will be televised nationally on HDNet with Rich Cellini and Joe Cravens calling the action. HDNet is available in the Corvallis area on Comcast/Xfinity 798 and on satellite providers DirecTV 306 and Dish Network 362.

RADIO: The game will air live on Beaver Sports Radio Network with Mike Parker calling the action.

8. TOP #8
    PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus's Avatar Fan Reason Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Dogg View Post
    OSU vs TCU matchup.....
    I'm pretty stoked about the fact that I actually have this channel! Game on in a few...

9. TOP #9
    PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus has several friends PtldPlatypus's Avatar Fan Reason Advocate

Beavs looking pretty strong in the early going. Passing really well, running the break, and very solid defensively. The commentators said that neither team would be able to win based on athleticism, but the Beavs just look bigger, stronger and faster so far.

And now they're stroking threes too. Game could be over early if this keeps up.

10. TOP #10

Uh-oh--Beavs are trying to give this one away. A lead that has been in the 20's for the majority of the game has been cut to 13 with 10 minutes left.

And now a smart inbounds play, a defensive stand, and strong drive on a break gets it back to 17...way to show some pride, Beavs!

11. TOP #11
    tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII's Avatar Yes I am smarter than you

Now we play Wazzu in the semis!

12. TOP #12

I hate that these games are on HDnet! I dont get that channel.

13. TOP #13

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoBREWSKI View Post
    Me either. Do you have comcast?

14. TOP #14

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoBREWSKI View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleRaider View Post
    Me either. Do you have comcast?
    All right, you guys can come watch the WSU game at my place. Except that I'll be at church, so I won't be there...

15. TOP #15

I believe you can watch it online if you have comcast. On espn3.com

16. TOP #16
    HAAK72 is becoming well known HAAK72 is becoming well known HAAK72 is becoming well known HAAK72 is becoming well known HAAK72's Avatar Artwork by Blazer Fanatic

fuck wazzu!
    “We don’t want to be fun to play against ... we want them to be mad that we’re being physical, we want them to be mad that we made a shot we weren't supposed to make.” ~Damian Lillard

Portland Website Design + Internet Marketing <-- SEO Web Design, LLC

17. TOP #17

It was a good run for the Beavs.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information