Thread: Starting lineup?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. TOP #1
    Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3's Avatar Don't tread on me!

Default Starting lineup?

Still holding out hope that Crawford gets traded, but here's the roster as it stands. Who do you guys think will be the starters?

1. Aldridge
    2. Felton
    3. Matthews
    4. Nolan Smith
    5. Luke Babbitt
    6. Kurt Thomas
    7. Joel Przybilla
    8. Nic Batum
    9. Chris Johnson
    10. Greg Oden
    11. Craig Smith
    12. Elliott Williams
    13. Memo Okur
    14. Shawne Williams
    15. Jonny Flynn
    16. Hasheem Thabeet
    17. Jamal Crawford

First of all, unless another trade is done, we need to cut two players. I'm thinking Felton and Oden. Just get them out of here. I wish we could cut Crawford but the guy would definitely be on our cap this summer if we did that.

That leaves us with 15. My starters would be:

Flynn
    Matthews
    Batum
    Aldridge
    Thabeet

I want to see what Flynn can do in a pick and roll with Aldridge. That's the only reason not to shut LMA down for the season for better draft position. I also want to see what Chris Johnson can do.

Bench rotation:

Babbitt
    Nolan Smith
    Pryzbilla
    Craig Smith

Basically the rest of the season is about evaluating Flynn, Babbitt, Nolan, and Thabeet. I don't have high hopes for Thabeet, but I still think Flynn could be a good player in the league with the right system. I just really want to keep him away from Nate.
    RipCityTwo Facebook Page
    https://www.facebook.com/ripcitytwo

RipCityTwo Twitter Page
    https://twitter.com/RipCityTwo

2. TOP #2
    Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff's Avatar habiller pour la victoire

Default Re: Starting lineup?

I would start Okur over Thabeet

3. TOP #3
    PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus's Avatar Fan Reason Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by westnob View Post
    I would start Okur over Thabeet
    Okur's still injured, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Natebishop3 View Post
    First of all, unless another trade is done, we need to cut two players. I'm thinking Felton and Oden. Just get them out of here. I wish we could cut Crawford but the guy would definitely be on our cap this summer if we did that.
    I would cut the guys with expiring deals that have the greatest likelihood of having their cap holds released this summer. Those would be Felton and Okur.

4. TOP #4
    MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61's Avatar Real American

Still holding out hope that Crawford gets traded, but here's the roster as it stands. Who do you guys think will be the starters?

1. Aldridge
    2. Felton
    3. Matthews
    4. Nolan Smith
    5. Luke Babbitt
    6. Kurt Thomas
    7. Joel Przybilla
    8. Nic Batum
    9. Chris Johnson
    10. Greg Oden
    11. Craig Smith
    12. Elliott Williams
    13. Memo Okur
    14. Shawne Williams
    15. Jonny Flynn
    16. Hasheem Thabeet
    17. Jamal Crawford

That leaves us with 15. My starters would be:

Flynn
    Matthews
    Batum
    Aldridge
    Thabeet

I want to see what Flynn can do in a pick and roll with Aldridge. That's the only reason not to shut LMA down for the season for better draft position. I also want to see what Chris Johnson can do.

Bench rotation:

Babbitt
    Nolan Smith
    Pryzbilla
    Craig Smith

Basically the rest of the season is about evaluating Flynn, Babbitt, Nolan, and Thabeet. I don't have high hopes for Thabeet, but I still think Flynn could be a good player in the league with the right system. I just really want to keep him away from Nate.
    With only 2 players good enough to actually be considered starter material, does it matter? This lineup will not play better than the one we just had.

I'd sit LA and Nic and play the rest equal minutes the rest of the season as a sort of "who do we keep?" training camp.
    I'm ALWAYS right and I NEVER lie. - George C. Tirebiter
    Life is tough, it's tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne
    You are responsible for your children until they are a credit to society. - Jovan Banjanin
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Yugoslavian proverb
    Melody is King. - Howard Roberts

Home Page:
    http://www.rogermarismuseum.com/

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of MARIS61, a fictional message board character created for my amusement, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of any real person alive or deceased.

5. TOP #5
    Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3 is influencing people Natebishop3's Avatar Don't tread on me!

Quote Originally Posted by PtldPlatypus View Post
    I would cut the guys with expiring deals that have the greatest likelihood of having their cap holds released this summer. Those would be Felton and Okur.
    I don't think those guys put cap holds on your salary... isn't that only restricted free agents? They're both UFAs so I don't see why they would take up space when they are free to leave as they wish. I think cap holds only apply when you've tendered a qualifying offer.
    RipCityTwo Facebook Page

RipCityTwo Twitter Page

6. TOP #6

Quote Originally Posted by MARIS61 View Post
    With only 2 players good enough to actually be considered starter material, does it matter? This lineup will not play better than the one we just had.

I'd sit LA and Nic and play the rest equal minutes the rest of the season as a sort of "who do we keep?" training camp.
    Well, in essence that's what I'm saying, but I want to see how Flynn does with Aldridge and Batum. I still have hope that Flynn has the potential to be a PGoTF and I want to see what he can do with our best players.
    RipCityTwo Facebook Page

RipCityTwo Twitter Page

7. TOP #7
    Reep has written some things that people like Reep has written some things that people like Reep has written some things that people like Reep's Avatar Part of the Rotation

It looks like Okur is out for the year. I am curious as to who we are starting at center. Does Aldridge move over now?

My guess would be:
    Aldridge
    Felton
    Matthews
    Batum
    Przybilla or Craig Smith

8. TOP #8
    PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus's Avatar Fan Reason Advocate

I don't think those guys put cap holds on your salary... isn't that only restricted free agents? They're both UFAs so I don't see why they would take up space when they are free to leave as they wish. I think cap holds only apply when you've tendered a qualifying offer.
    There's always a cap hold for any free agent. Check out Sham sports--best place to see this kind of stuff. Shows that Felton's cap hold this summer would be 130% of his prior year salary--about $9.8M--unless released, and Okur's is set to be 150% of the prior year, or about $16.3M.

Clearly, neither of those holds will be retained, so there's no point in keeping either player on the roster for the remainder of the year.

9. TOP #9

There's always a cap hold for any free agent. Check out Sham sports--best place to see this kind of stuff. Shows that Felton's cap hold this summer would be 130% of his prior year salary--about $9.8M--unless released, and Okur's is set to be 150% of the prior year, or about $16.3M.

Clearly, neither of those holds will be retained, so there's no point in keeping either player on the roster for the remainder of the year.
    Well you're probably right, those will be the guys who are cut, but I don't see how a UFA has a hold on your salary... I've never heard of a team having to release a free agent. Hmmm.
    RipCityTwo Facebook Page

RipCityTwo Twitter Page

10. TOP #10

Well you're probably right, those will be the guys who are cut, but I don't see how a UFA has a hold on your salary... I've never heard of a team having to release a free agent. Hmmm.
    It's to prevent teams from circumventing the salary cap by resigning a UFA through bird rights after using cap space to sign other players. Check out the Coon CBA FAQ.

11. TOP #11

It's to prevent teams from circumventing the salary cap by resigning a UFA through bird rights after using cap space to sign other players. Check out the Coon CBA FAQ.
    So they basically ahve to renounce their bird rights... can't that be done on July 1st when free agents can sign with teams?
    RipCityTwo Facebook Page

RipCityTwo Twitter Page

12. TOP #12
    RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known Clown Town

I WANT FELTON GONE

Play Flynn. He showed promise his rookie season, although not much of a PG.

13. TOP #13

Quote Originally Posted by RoyToy View Post
    I WANT FELTON GONE

Play Flynn. He showed promise his rookie season, although not much of a PG.
    It was my understanding that he's a pick-and-roll PG and the T-Pups were running the triangle.
    RipCityTwo Facebook Page

RipCityTwo Twitter Page

14. TOP #14

So they basically ahve to renounce their bird rights... can't that be done on July 1st when free agents can sign with teams?
    Sure, but why wait? There's absolutely no chance that either one will be retained, so why not cut them now?

15. TOP #15

Sure, but why wait? There's absolutely no chance that either one will be retained, so why not cut them now?
    Is Okur definitely out for the season? I'm fine with cutting Felton.
    RipCityTwo Facebook Page

RipCityTwo Twitter Page

16. TOP #16

It should be

Flynn
    Batum
    Babbitt
    Smith
    Joel

maximize our potential!
    RipCityTwo Facebook Page

RipCityTwo Twitter Page

17. TOP #17
    Draco is making friends Draco is making friends Draco is making friends Draco is making friends Draco is making friends Draco is making friends Draco's Avatar Good Enough for my Own Shoe

I would move Batum from SG to PF. Yeah crazy how that sounds but Camby is gone at center and we have legit players to slide in at SG but nobody ready for fulltime duties as a big minute per game starting PF.

Felton
    Crawford
    Matthews
    Batum
    Aldridge

That would be my starting 5. I would reduce Aldridge minutes closer to 30 and see if he can increase his per minute production. I would pull Felton early to get a longer look at Nolan playing extended minutes. We can re-evalute after 5 or so games.

I know some fans will say start Nolan or start Flynn or Craig Smith right away but I think its better to give a young player extended minutes off the bench to build their confidence and get them used to longer periods of play. If you start them and they fail it can crush their development. Think if Nolan had the criticism on him as a rookie that Felton is dealing with today? It might take him years to fit in as a productive piece of an offense even if he had the ability.

18. TOP #18
    Rhal is becoming well known Rhal is becoming well known Rhal is becoming well known Rhal is becoming well known Rhal is becoming well known Rhal's Avatar MVP Winner

Whatever roster provides the most entertainment and tries while at the same time losing.

19. TOP #19
    McNicholicious is developing a reputation McNicholicious's Avatar Minor League Stand Out

Flynn (will most likely be Felton)
    Matthews
    Batum
    Aldridge
    Thomas

20. TOP #20
    magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661's Avatar B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Who ever is playing like they want to win.

21. TOP #21

Quote Originally Posted by magnifier661 View Post
    Who ever is playing like they want to win.
    Needs to benched.
    RipCityTwo Facebook Page

RipCityTwo Twitter Page

22. TOP #22
    MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61 has statements worth reading MARIS61's Avatar Real American

Has to be Felton Crawford Nic Wes and LaMarcus.

We have no others who wouldn't get steamrolled as a starter except Joel, who will be lucky to play 20 mins pre game.

Our bench is nonexistent.
    I'm ALWAYS right and I NEVER lie. - George C. Tirebiter
    Life is tough, it's tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne
    You are responsible for your children until they are a credit to society. - Jovan Banjanin
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Yugoslavian proverb
    Melody is King. - Howard Roberts

Home Page:
    http://www.rogermarismuseum.com/

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of MARIS61, a fictional message board character created for my amusement, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of any real person alive or deceased.

23. TOP #23
    EL PRESIDENTE has several friends EL PRESIDENTE has several friends EL PRESIDENTE has several friends EL PRESIDENTE has several friends EL PRESIDENTE has several friends EL PRESIDENTE has several friends EL PRESIDENTE has several friends EL PRESIDENTE has several friends EL PRESIDENTE has several friends EL PRESIDENTE's Avatar the franchise

1 Felton, Flynn, Nolan, E-Will
    2 Wes, Crawford, E-Will
    3 Batum, ???, Babbitt
    4 Aldridge, Craig Smith
    5 Pryzbilla, Kurt Thomas, Haseem the Dream

24. TOP #24
    alex42083 has written some things that people like alex42083 has written some things that people like alex42083's Avatar Thanks Brandon

Luke is gonna get a big shot here... hope he makes the most of it.

25. TOP #25

I'd like to see the primary rotation be:

Flynn/Smith
    Crawford/Williams
    Batum/Matthews
    Aldridge/Babbitt
    Przybilla/Thabeet

Won't happen my way, but that's what I'd want to see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information