Thread: Official New Jersey Nets #1 pick Status Thread..........

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
  1. TOP #51
    mgb is becoming well known mgb is becoming well known mgb is becoming well known mgb is becoming well known Over-Nite Sensation

Default Re: Official New Jersey Nets #1 pick Status Thread..........

Quote Originally Posted by HCP View Post
    MM, what's goin' on? You are a little more optimistic then usual.
    heh
    Michael

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling."
    -Margaret Lee Runbeck

[IMG]http://www.tielmania.com/1.jpg[/IMG]

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them? "
    -Abraham Lincoln, 16th US president (1809-1865)

2. TOP #52
    HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP's Avatar NorthEastPortland'sFinest

The pick is now #4 after tonight's games.
    Twitter/Instagram -@bigjohnNEP ..................FAMS!

3. TOP #53
    Rhal is becoming well known Rhal is becoming well known Rhal is becoming well known Rhal is becoming well known Rhal is becoming well known Rhal's Avatar MVP Winner

The pick is now #4 after tonight's games.
    So roughly 50% shot they are in the top 3

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

4. TOP #54
    HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP's Avatar NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Quote Originally Posted by Rhal View Post

I have no idea how that shit works. It is so confusing to me about the certain amount of number combos each team gets or whatever! I will take your word for it, but how did you get that %?

5. TOP #55
    Tince is developing a reputation Tince's Avatar On the First Team

These charts confuse the shot out of me. But feel free to give us a daily update.
    Just figured out where the Nets fall in terms of worst record in the league, then add up the percentages of 1-3 and you get the percentage chance the Nets will get the pick.

6. TOP #56
    magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661's Avatar B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

I have no idea how that shit works. It is so confusing to me about the certain amount of number combos each team gets or whatever! I will take your word for it, but how did you get that %?
    Well for us to lose the pick, we don't just look at the odds for 1st. We combine the odds from 1st-3rd. That's why he said 50/50 to lose the pick. Honestly, the best spot for them to be in is 5th. Odds aren't that great.

7. TOP #57
    ripcity67 is developing a reputation Little League All Star

If they are the #4 their odds aren't even 40%. Rounding up 50% does not seem correct.

8. TOP #58
    yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game

9. TOP #59
    magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661 has several friends magnifier661's Avatar B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

I like being 5th for jersey. That's a decent pick

10. TOP #60
    BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert has statements worth reading BBert's Avatar There's always this year

Quote Originally Posted by Rhal View Post

Yeah, this sucks. No more rooting for NJ to lose. They are going to lose us right out of their lottery pick. I like them at 6th just fine (70% chance we get their pick, iirc).
    Last edited by BBert; 03-18-2012 at 10:13 AM.
    A player who makes a team great is much more valuable than a great player. -- John Wooden

11. TOP #61
    BoomChakaLaka is developing a reputation BoomChakaLaka's Avatar Part of the Rotation

From what I understand, if we don't get their pick this year, then we get next Year's lottery protects to 1-2. So if the Blazers have a plan B to package this pick with players, we still might be fine if we don't get this summer's NJ pick. They are not getting Howard next year, so I don't see how they'll be much better next season.

I think we'll package the NJ pick plus to trade for Rondo.
    G O - B L A Z E R S !

12. TOP #62
    RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known Clown Town

Kendall Marshall on fire in the first half

13pts/6asts with 7min to play in the 1st half

13. TOP #63
    blazers2285 is developing a reputation Little League All Star

Marshal looks good in the first half my only worry is his defensive quickness but he looks great out there. I kind of want him maybe with our pick.

14. TOP #64
    Ed O is becoming well known Ed O is becoming well known Ed O is becoming well known Ed O is becoming well known Ed O's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BBert View Post
    Yeah, this sucks. No more rooting for NJ to lose. They are going to lose us right out of their lottery pick. I like them at 6th just fine (70% chance we get their pick, iirc).
    I'm rooting for them to lose every game. I'll take the chance of perhaps getting the 4th or 5th pick... or getting their pick next year. I don't want to have them make a run at the playoffs and us pick 10th or 12th or something with their pick.

Ed O.
    "In the end it all comes down to talent. You can talk all you want about intangibles, I just don't know what that means. Talent makes winners, not intangibles. Can nice guys win? Sure, nice guys can win - if they're nice guys with a lot of talent. Nice guys with a little talent finish fourth and nice guys with no talent finish last." -- Sandy Koufax

##

Stalk me on my blog.

15. TOP #65
    yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1 is making friends yuyuza1's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game

Gerald playing really well today, but Nets still losing.

16. TOP #66

I'm worried they are going to lose there way into the top 3!

17. TOP #67

Man this Irving kid is amazing. Reminds me Brandon with his poise.

Tie game 4 mins left.

18. TOP #68
    MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game

Quote Originally Posted by yuyuza1 View Post
    Man this Irving kid is amazing. Reminds me Brandon with his poise.

Tie game 4 mins left.
    Irving is great isn't he? Just 19 years old!

I remember watching 1 game of his at Duke and isntantly thinking he was going to be a star. Coach K said he was the one freshman he ever had that he never had to chew out because he thought exactly like him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze01 View Post
    Lillard is fools gold....and some of you guys are buying right into it...

19. TOP #69

Oh freaking rookie call. Carry? Really refs? That was an amazing move by Irving.

Still tie game 1min left.

20. TOP #70

Quote Originally Posted by MickZagger View Post
    Irving is great isn't he? Just 19 years old!

I remember watching 1 game of his at Duke and isntantly thinking he was going to be a star. Coach K said he was the one freshman he ever had that he never had to chew out because he thought exactly like him.
    What I'm starting to look for after watching more college ball these last few years than ever before, is for guys that make the game easy. I don't care about guys like Jimmer who take and make ridiculous shots in college. Because that skill doesn't transfer to the NBA. The guys that can get layups in traffic and lull defenses to sleep (like Lamb or Rivers) are the ones that are more likely to have success in the NBA.

21. TOP #71
    The Sebastian Express has written some things that people like The Sebastian Express has written some things that people like The Sebastian Express's Avatar Snarflepumpkin

:56.9 New Jersey Nets NJ Gerald Wallace misses a layup

Ah, the familiar Gerald returns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natebishop3 View Post
    Cancel the rest of the season. We have defeated the reigning world champs, therefor WE are the best team in the NBA. No reason to continue on with the season. We are the best team, and Travis is clearly the best player because he spun past NBA Finals MVP Paul Pierce and dunked on 2004 MVP Kevin Garnett. /Season
    Quote Originally Posted by OddEnormous View Post

Every single move every GM makes is to secure his job you bowling shoe.

22. TOP #72

Cavs up 6. Freakin Nets are gonna lose their way into the top 3.

23. TOP #73
    crowTrobot has written some things that people like crowTrobot has written some things that people like crowTrobot's Avatar die comcast

Cavs up 6. Freakin Nets are gonna lose their way into the top 3.

obviously there's no way they get to #1. worst case scenario at either 2 or 3 we still have more or less a coin flip for their pick.

24. TOP #74

So I'm confused here. Will NJ even send anyone to the lottery to stand in in-case the pick becomes top 3? Say they end up with the 4th worst record (and 4th best chance of landing #1), will they have a representative there, or will it just be us?

25. TOP #75

So I'm confused here. Will NJ even send anyone to the lottery to stand in in-case the pick becomes top 3? Say they end up with the 4th worst record (and 4th best chance of landing #1), will they have a representative there, or will it just be us?
    Wow that's a really good question! I don't know

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information