If Chip Kelly goes to the NFL

Discussion in 'Oregon Ducks' started by Zalsa, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

Let's say that Chip wins it all next year or the year after that and gets the Ducks the Crystal Ball. Then he decides to go the pros. Which teams do you think he would go as a head coach? Let's take a look at some teams with coaches in the hotseat:

Minnesota Vikings-Leslie Frasier.
    Now this team could be possible, but Ponder doesn't really seem to fit in Kelly's offense, and their only viable weapons are Adrian Peterson, Sydney Rice, and maybe Toby Gerhart. The defense could be good, but who knows from Free Agency.

Cleveland Browns-Pat Shurmur.
    Like Minnesota, doesn't really fit Chip's offense. McCoy is more pass happy, and they have no weapons on offense. Defense maybe.

Washington Redskins-Mike Shanahan.
    The Sage of the NFL is in the hot seat, especially if they have a losing record with RG3. However, with RG3, he can easily fit into Chip's offense and I heard of them gaining from passing weapons for this season.

San Diego Chargers-Norv Turner.
    As a Charger fan, I would be estatic if Kelly comes down to Qualcomm. We have a good RB and we may get LMJ in the draft, in addition, Rivers has Gates and Brown is developing very nicely as a WR. Their defense can use some work but nothing free agency and the draft can't fix.

Dallas Cowboys.-Jason Garret.
    Garret has made some stupid decisions, whilist Kelly does not. The offense could use some tweeking, but the weapons are there. Except for QB that is. Romo needs to go.

Philadelphia Eagles-Andy Ried.
    I like Andy Ried, the guy has been through some tough shit. But if the eagles underperform this year I can see him going bye bye. But this can be good for the eagle, because it is in the city of brotherly love where Kelly would fit in best. Vick can run, he has an amazing RB, weapons at WR, and a defense that can fixed up quick.

Best choice: Eagles. Runner up: Chargers/Redskins.

2. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

Chip Kelly to the Pro's with Tim Tebow as his QB would be a blast to watch

3. BLAZER PROPHET

BLAZER PROPHET Well-Known Member

dental malpractice claims adjuster
    I think a Chip Kelly offense wold work best in a warm climate. San Diego looks nice

And who would coach us?

We have a gimmick offense with nearly perfect role players. I'm not overly enthusiastic thinking a pro coach with a probably pro style offense will do all that well here. I think we'd slide back to mediocrity.

I'd rather see someone from Kelly's staff take over for continuity sake.

4. LikeLamike

LikeLamike Member

If chip left.. I would say Helfrich would probably take over. He knows the offense best and I know Chip wants someone in house to take over when he leaves. Unless he means Alloti.. He's been apart of the coaching staff for years.

5. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

Add Jacksonvile to the list. Chip could turn things around there.

6. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

As for coaches, don't forget Allioti can step up and be Head coach again. He did a decent job as HC.

Also, would Kelly want to bolt to the NFL? Recent history of successful college coaches to the pros haven't been rather kind.

7. Ghost Pepper

Ghost Pepper Active Member

Don't let your ego bite ya on this ass here Chip! Unlike Spurrier, Saban, Swizter and Jimmy Johnson you don't have a couple national championship rings on your fingers to walk into the NFL with to leverage some confidence with your players at this level! Win a few here then think about a jump! Please also remember that outside of Jimmy Johnson who used the U of the 90's as a crushing talent pool to his Cowboys, all these other great college coaches failed huge!!!!

Chip has made a nice footprint here in Oregon but he's still years away from being a threat in the NFL. IF he can beat USC to death for the next few years with their recruiting talent and win a national championship than I'd say look around but he's not there yet!

8. Zalsa

Zalsa I like salsa

I think Chip will make the right choice and stay. He continues where's he at at Oregon he will:
    1.) Get a girl to marry(and maybe a kid hopefully).
    2.) Get a statue(eventually)
    3.) Make the Pac-12 the dominant conference(I mean, the Pac-12 North could be like the SEC West in a few years).