Soccer fans, troops clash; 1 dead

Discussion in 'Football Discussion' started by truebluefan, Mar 25, 2012.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Egyptian soldiers and police clashed with thousands of angry soccer fans in a Suez Canal city over the suspension of their club after a deadly riot last month, witnesses said Saturday. A medical official said a teenager was killed.

The Feb. 1 riot in the city of Port Said in which at least 73 people died was the world's worst soccer-related disaster in 15 years. The causes remain murky. Officers have been charged with assisting Port Said soccer fans to attack Cairo club supporters who had a long history of enmity with the police, and some port residents have claimed that hired outsiders were responsible for much of the killing.

In the latest clashes, Egyptian troops fired volleys of tear gas and shot into the air to disperse protesters affiliated with Port Said's Al-Masry club, angry for what they see as unfair measures against their club and their city. Violence erupted late Friday and continued until early Saturday.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/story/_/id/7731136/egypt-soccer-fans-troops-clash-1-killed

2. cook

cook New Member

I love soccer cleats,I open an online shop ,named soccer cleats,welcome to my store,maybe i will give you a discount in our forum.Best wishes to you!

3. cook

cook New Member

I am finding a lot of friends who like playing basketball and football.