Thread: The Official HCP Blazers vs Warriors Game Thread 3/25.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
  1. TOP #101
    BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert's Avatar There's always this year

Default Re: The Official HCP Blazers vs Warriors Game Thread 3/25.....

Just when I was going to ask someone to photoshop a picture of a tank with Felton's face on it for my avatar. Fucking Felton.
    A player who makes a team great is much more valuable than a great player. -- John Wooden

2. TOP #102
    BlazerBeav has written some things that people like BlazerBeav has written some things that people like BlazerBeav has written some things that people like Part of the Rotation

That was about as ugly as a win can be - and with our longterm prospect, a bad result. But having sat through it, I'd have been in a very bad mood had I walked back to my car with a loss.

3. TOP #103
    HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP's Avatar NorthEastPortland'sFinest

As I left the RG tonight, I saw the Warriors' equiptment manger walking towards their bus with a huge bag....... it said "ping-pong" balls on it.
    Twitter/Instagram -@bigjohnNEP ..................FAMS!

4. TOP #104
    Pinwheel1 is becoming well known Pinwheel1 is becoming well known Pinwheel1 is becoming well known Pinwheel1 is becoming well known Good Enough for my Own Shoe

Our "shooting" guards did their best for the pingball cause: 3-22. I assume Wes and Crawford are not blaming their shooting woes on Nate.

What new SG will be have next year: Lamb, Rivers, a FA?

5. TOP #105
    HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP's Avatar NorthEastPortland'sFinest

I'd be cool with Rivers. He can run the point as well in limited minutes.
    Twitter/Instagram -@bigjohnNEP ..................FAMS!

6. TOP #106
    Pinwheel1 is becoming well known Pinwheel1 is becoming well known Pinwheel1 is becoming well known Pinwheel1 is becoming well known Good Enough for my Own Shoe

7. TOP #107
    Sinobas has written some things that people like Sinobas has written some things that people like Sinobas has written some things that people like Sinobas's Avatar Good Enough for my Own Shoe

Default Re: The Official HCP Blazers vs Hornets Game Thread 3/25.....

Crawful watch: 8 for his last 42....19% from the field...........this is worse than D-league material.

8. TOP #108
    UKRAINEFAN has written some things that people like UKRAINEFAN has written some things that people like Part of the Rotation

Good piece by quick about how bad this win hurts, especially as it means we will see more of Felton and less of Flynn. http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/in...et_a_look.html

9. TOP #109
    KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed's Avatar Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Natebishop3 View Post
    We are not making the playoffs. I have no idea why people are happy with wins at this point.
    The players and coaches are paid to compete and win. If they're still gonna try, then I'm still gonna root for them. There are a whole 17 games remaining. The whole team and fans are supposed to check out for SEVENTEEN games? When you're only 3 games behind the 7th seed? Look, if we're mathematically eliminated with 5 or 6 games to go, then I expect we'll see a lot of Thabeet. But right now, we're trying to win. IF we make the playoffs, we will be the hottest team in the West and in 1999, the 8 seeded Knicks who looked AWFUL with about 17 games left in the season reached the NBA Finals and might've even won it if not for a bunch of injuries (Ewing goin down, LJ getting hurt).
    Last edited by KingSpeed; 03-26-2012 at 05:46 AM.

10. TOP #110
    KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed's Avatar Veteran

I looked up the Knicks. They had a stretch where they went 6-11 including an embarrassing 24 point loss to the Hornets that had everyone in NYC believing the season was over. But they didn't give up and rallied to make the playoffs and ultimately, the Finals.

11. TOP #111
    crandc has statements worth reading crandc has statements worth reading crandc has statements worth reading crandc has statements worth reading crandc has statements worth reading crandc has statements worth reading crandc has statements worth reading crandc's Avatar Good Enough for my Own Shoe

Quote Originally Posted by KingSpeed View Post
    The players and coaches are paid to compete and win. If they're still gonna try, then I'm still gonna root for them. There are a whole 17 games remaining. The whole team and fans are supposed to check out for SEVENTEEN games? When you're only 3 games behind the 7th seed? Look, if we're mathematically eliminated with 5 or 6 games to go, then I expect we'll see a lot of Thabeet. But right now, we're trying to win. IF we make the playoffs, we will be the hottest team in the West and in 1999, the 8 seeded Knicks who looked AWFUL with about 17 games left in the season reached the NBA Finals and might've even won it if not for a bunch of injuries (Ewing goin down, LJ getting hurt).

12. TOP #112
    tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII's Avatar Yes I am smarter than you

I'll still cheer for the team to win. I realize it's in our best interest to lose right now, but I can't help myself regarding cheering for them.

13. TOP #113
    Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man's Avatar Mr. SportsTwo

I wouldn't mind if the team won with the young guys. It's pointless to play Felton, Crawford and Thomas any significant minutes.

14. TOP #114
    Boob-No-More is influencing people Boob-No-More is influencing people Boob-No-More is influencing people Boob-No-More is influencing people Boob-No-More is influencing people Boob-No-More is influencing people Boob-No-More is influencing people Boob-No-More is influencing people Boob-No-More is influencing people Boob-No-More is influencing people Boob-No-More is influencing people Good Enough to Own Shoes

Quote Originally Posted by tlongII View Post
    I'll still cheer for the team to win. I realize it's in our best interest to lose right now, but I can't help myself regarding cheering for them.
    When I watch, I can't help but cheer for them to win. But when I miss a game (missed the second half of the Warriors game), I don't mind them losing if it helps the team in the long run.

Still, I don't ever advocate losing for the sake of losing. It's habit forming. If you're going to play, you play to win. But, as the coach, you have some discretion and can elect to sit some veterans in order to help the younger players gain vaulable experience. But, if you do, you always do everything you can to put those young guys in a position to succeed.

Pop does this all the time. He rests his vets when they need a night off and then coaches the hell out of the replacements. It may occasionally cost them a game or two, but in the long run his veteran players are rested come playoff time and his bench players have gained valuable experience. He makes occasional short term sacrifices for the long term greater good. Loses an occasional battle in an effort to win the war.

BNM

15. TOP #115
    PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends Banned User

PG Charles Jenkins
    SG Klay Thompson
    SF Dorrell Wright
    PF Jeremy Tyler
    PF/C David Lee

That's the starting line-up that the Blazers beat 90-87 at the Rose Garden last night. Fire Canales. He's trying too hard, and while I don't blame him, it's stupid to play Felton 34 minutes against anybody, let alone this hot garbage. If you need Ray Felton to play 34 minutes to eek out a W against that team, then you're not thinking of the future.
    Last edited by PapaG; 03-26-2012 at 11:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information