Thread: Housing Prices Down To 2004 Levels

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 37 of 37
  1. TOP #26
    BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Portland area
    Posts
    18,725
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Housing Prices Down To 2004 Levels

    Quote Originally Posted by jlprk View Post
    My point was that Acorn had nothing to do with this. As one who is over a hundred Gs lighter from the government suing me for not selling a house at its peak 2005 value, my lawyer and I know the intricacies of housing values, having calculated them for every month since then.
    I was simply, properly, pointing out that the mess we got into about over inflated housing prices was the fault of a lack of proper government oversight, home buyers, mortgage companies, financial institutions and assorted special interest groups. Now those prices have adjusted back to where they probably should be, but will also probably be kept suppressed due to the general economy and the backlog of short sale & foreclosed mortgages.

  2. TOP #27
    jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk's Avatar The ESPN mod is insane.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,727
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Housing Prices Down To 2004 Levels

    The short-sighted oversight occurred on the Bush watch, but your Acorn example is a shill which Republicans often throw randomly into any discussion to energize their side and deflect blame.

    Here's the same. Segue from anti-one party to anti-the other. Just fill in the blanks.

    The Afghan war's not going well for Obama, kind of like the fake housing boom which propped up the Bush economy____ the Watergate hearings _____ Reagan lied that he hadn't help sell weapons to Iran...12 straight years of Republican presidents gave us the Depression...King Herod crucified pacifists...you get the idea.
    This week's favorites:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH! I actually laughed out loud like a crazy person.

    Your logic and reason is lost here. But I appreciate it. Good post, Matty.

    25 is a critical age for most knuckleheads. They either figure it out or they stay a loser for life.

    I have no idea who the audience for this film is, beyond the people who made it, and that's what makes it special.

    That's what I was suggesting. Apparently I was wrong. I was wrong once last year, too. So that's twice now. I thought I was wrong once before, but I was mistaken.

  3. TOP #28
    PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends Banned User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Tualatin, OR
    Posts
    32,871
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Housing Prices Down To 2004 Levels

    Quote Originally Posted by jlprk View Post
    The short-sighted oversight occurred on the Bush watch, but your Acorn example is a shill which Republicans often throw randomly into any discussion to energize their side and deflect blame.

    Here's the same. Segue from anti-one party to anti-the other. Just fill in the blanks.

    The Afghan war's not going well for Obama, kind of like the fake housing boom which propped up the Bush economy____ the Watergate hearings _____ Reagan lied that he hadn't help sell weapons to Iran...12 straight years of Republican presidents gave us the Depression...King Herod crucified pacifists...you get the idea.
    Honestly, do you abuse Adderall?

  4. TOP #29
    jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk's Avatar The ESPN mod is insane.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,727
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Housing Prices Down To 2004 Levels

    I love stalkers, but I'm sorry, I don't go that way. But never stop pursuing your life's dream. You have a lot to offer and I'm sure you'll find someone.
    This week's favorites:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH! I actually laughed out loud like a crazy person.

    Your logic and reason is lost here. But I appreciate it. Good post, Matty.

    25 is a critical age for most knuckleheads. They either figure it out or they stay a loser for life.

    I have no idea who the audience for this film is, beyond the people who made it, and that's what makes it special.

    That's what I was suggesting. Apparently I was wrong. I was wrong once last year, too. So that's twice now. I thought I was wrong once before, but I was mistaken.

  5. TOP #30
    BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Portland area
    Posts
    18,725
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Housing Prices Down To 2004 Levels

    Quote Originally Posted by jlprk View Post
    The short-sighted oversight occurred on the Bush watch, but your Acorn example is a shill which Republicans often throw randomly into any discussion to energize their side and deflect blame.

    Here's the same. Segue from anti-one party to anti-the other. Just fill in the blanks.

    The Afghan war's not going well for Obama, kind of like the fake housing boom which propped up the Bush economy____ the Watergate hearings _____ Reagan lied that he hadn't help sell weapons to Iran...12 straight years of Republican presidents gave us the Depression...King Herod crucified pacifists...you get the idea.
    You're answer is short sighted. It's a liberal sheep answer. To be sure, Bush played his part. But so did Obama, the left, the right, and special interest groups like ACORN. You just can't accept it due to your political blinders. But most people with those same blinders simply refuse to think their political party is ever at fault for anything and the other side is at fault for everything.

    It's a false argument. And always will be.

  6. TOP #31
    jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk's Avatar The ESPN mod is insane.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,727
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Housing Prices Down To 2004 Levels

    Okay, maybe I'm wrong. Tell me how Acorn caused the housing crisis. I haven't read everything. It is possible, though unlikely, that there was something in the news that my keen eye missed. So tell me how Acorn fits into the subject of this thread.
    This week's favorites:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH! I actually laughed out loud like a crazy person.

    Your logic and reason is lost here. But I appreciate it. Good post, Matty.

    25 is a critical age for most knuckleheads. They either figure it out or they stay a loser for life.

    I have no idea who the audience for this film is, beyond the people who made it, and that's what makes it special.

    That's what I was suggesting. Apparently I was wrong. I was wrong once last year, too. So that's twice now. I thought I was wrong once before, but I was mistaken.

  7. TOP #32
    jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk's Avatar The ESPN mod is insane.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,727
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Housing Prices Down To 2004 Levels

    By the way, BP, I think you have a conscience, which rates you above many Republicans, in my book.

    You probably don't want to tell your Republican friends that you meet with my approval. Just between you and me. I won't tell them.
    This week's favorites:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH! I actually laughed out loud like a crazy person.

    Your logic and reason is lost here. But I appreciate it. Good post, Matty.

    25 is a critical age for most knuckleheads. They either figure it out or they stay a loser for life.

    I have no idea who the audience for this film is, beyond the people who made it, and that's what makes it special.

    That's what I was suggesting. Apparently I was wrong. I was wrong once last year, too. So that's twice now. I thought I was wrong once before, but I was mistaken.

  8. TOP #33
    Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane's Avatar It's not even loaded!
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    46,842
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Re: Housing Prices Down To 2004 Levels

    Quote Originally Posted by jlprk View Post
    Okay, maybe I'm wrong. Tell me how Acorn caused the housing crisis. I haven't read everything. It is possible, though unlikely, that there was something in the news that my keen eye missed. So tell me how Acorn fits into the subject of this thread.
    I don't know where exactly he's getting the Acorn thing, though there is an indirect relationship.

    W talked a lot about "ownership society" which encouraged people to buy property. The Democrats in congress blocked his attempts to put stronger regulations on Freddie and Fannie because those Democrats claimed (aligned with Acorn) that they wanted lower income people owning homes (that we now know they couldn't afford). So playing to their base (Acorn) is the indirect relationship.
    You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter lets him in. Sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument. Says 'Who's that?' St. Peter says, 'Oh, that's God. Thinks he's Denny Crane.


    When you say my name, say it like you really mean it!
    Check out my blog here
    R.I.P. MGB - you will be missed

  9. TOP #34
    BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Portland area
    Posts
    18,725
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Housing Prices Down To 2004 Levels

    Quote Originally Posted by jlprk View Post
    Okay, maybe I'm wrong. Tell me how Acorn caused the housing crisis. I haven't read everything. It is possible, though unlikely, that there was something in the news that my keen eye missed. So tell me how Acorn fits into the subject of this thread.
    First, I didn't say "ACORN caused the housing crisis". I said that special interest groups like ACORN were a part of the problem. Or, played their part as lobbiest...

    But here are some examples- BTW, I don;t necessarily buy into everything said but I do believe special interest & lobbiest groups played their part in the housing crisis.

    http://www.chicagomortgagespecialist...d-bailout.html

    http://sweetness-light.com/archive/t...ortgage-crisis

    http://www.americanthinker.com/2008/..._strategy.html

    Anyway, there are a lot of articles pro & con written by good people on ACORN. My best understanding is that they, like many other special interest lobbying groups, pushed grossly unsound lending practices for minorities and other groups and put a lot of money and pressure to expand such practices and influence legislation that it was one of the main precursors of the mortgage lending crisis.

  10. TOP #35
    jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk's Avatar The ESPN mod is insane.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,727
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Housing Prices Down To 2004 Levels

    I get it now. When rich Wall Street fatcats sold junk derivatives and wrote uncollectible balloon rate mortgages to anyone who dreamed of owning a house, it was the fault of--I'm catching on now--homeless black poor people and the weak organizations like Acorn that lobby to help poor people.

    Let's get those homeless vagrants who held a gun to the head of Goldman Sachs and robbed the economy of a trillion dollars. Let's get that loot before it's spent on booze.
    This week's favorites:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH! I actually laughed out loud like a crazy person.

    Your logic and reason is lost here. But I appreciate it. Good post, Matty.

    25 is a critical age for most knuckleheads. They either figure it out or they stay a loser for life.

    I have no idea who the audience for this film is, beyond the people who made it, and that's what makes it special.

    That's what I was suggesting. Apparently I was wrong. I was wrong once last year, too. So that's twice now. I thought I was wrong once before, but I was mistaken.

  11. TOP #36
    BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Portland area
    Posts
    18,725
    Rep Power
    8

    Default Re: Housing Prices Down To 2004 Levels

    Quote Originally Posted by jlprk View Post
    I get it now. When rich Wall Street fatcats sold junk derivatives and wrote uncollectible balloon rate mortgages to anyone who dreamed of owning a house, it was the fault of--I'm catching on now--homeless black poor people and the weak organizations like Acorn that lobby to help poor people.

    Let's get those homeless vagrants who held a gun to the head of Goldman Sachs and robbed the economy of a trillion dollars. Let's get that loot before it's spent on booze.
    [sigh] I give up. Sound & logical debate is truly a thing of the past. Independent thinking and civics is dead. Maybe I should become a sheep, too.

    BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

  12. TOP #37
    jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk has several friends jlprk's Avatar The ESPN mod is insane.
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    19,727
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Housing Prices Down To 2004 Levels

    You can't win against a self-amusing abuser of PapaG and Adderall (is that a new calculator or something?).
    This week's favorites:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH! I actually laughed out loud like a crazy person.

    Your logic and reason is lost here. But I appreciate it. Good post, Matty.

    25 is a critical age for most knuckleheads. They either figure it out or they stay a loser for life.

    I have no idea who the audience for this film is, beyond the people who made it, and that's what makes it special.

    That's what I was suggesting. Apparently I was wrong. I was wrong once last year, too. So that's twice now. I thought I was wrong once before, but I was mistaken.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Similar Threads

  1. Housing Prices Continue to Slide
    By BLAZER PROPHET in forum Blazers OT Forum
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 07:10 PM
  2. Housing in PTown
    By crandc in forum Blazers OT Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 11:14 AM
  3. The Next Housing Bust
    By Shapecity in forum Blazers OT Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 12:41 AM
  4. Hardest Mario Levels EVER
    By Smitty in forum Off-Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-16-2007, 09:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts