Thread: 70's sci-fi show "Space 1999 " to be rebooted as "Space 2099"

+ Reply to Thread
  1. TOP #1
    EPJr is developing a reputation EPJr's Avatar Producer

Cool 70's sci-fi show "Space 1999 " to be rebooted as "Space 2099"

ITV Studios America and HDFILMS, the company behind ABC's reimagining of "V," are prepping a contemporary iteration of the 1970s space franchise.

Space: 2099 is poised for a comeback.

ITV Studios America and HDFILMS announced plans for a reimagining of Gerry and Sylvia Anderson's famed franchise of the 1970s, then called Space: 1999. The news comes months after Fox and producer Seth MacFarlane announced they would be reviving Cosmos: A Space Time Odyssey, a 1980s miniseries from Carl Sagan.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-remake-288601

2. TOP #2
    Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane's Avatar It's not even loaded!

Default Re: 70's sci-fi show "Space 1999 " to be rebooted as "Space 2099"

They took a hokey show like Battlestar Gallactica (from the 1970s) and turned it into one of the best SciFi series (IMO) ever. They could do the same for Space 1999. I assume they're going to have new scripts. They're going to need some kind of action/adventure to improve the story line or it's going to have a tough going. Like Deep Space Nine, which was an interesting premise (life abord a Star Trek universe starbase), but didn't do well in the ratings or capturing peoples' imaginations until they added space ships and flew around having space battles.
    You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter lets him in. Sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument. Says 'Who's that?' St. Peter says, 'Oh, that's God. Thinks he's Denny Crane.

When you say my name, say it like you really mean it!
    Check out my blog here
    R.I.P. MGB - you will be missed

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information