Thread: Weak ass game!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. TOP #1
    GriLtCheeZ is becoming well known GriLtCheeZ is becoming well known GriLtCheeZ is becoming well known GriLtCheeZ is becoming well known GriLtCheeZ's Avatar Tuco - The Ugly

Default Weak ass game!

Nothing more to say.
    "I don’t like to speak badly of people. I have grown up thinking and being told that if you cannot say something nice about someone, you should not say anything at all. But I must break that rule in this case because I hate Hulk Hogan very much. He is a big ugly goon and I want to smash his face."
    - Andre the Giant

2. TOP #2
    GriLtCheeZ is becoming well known GriLtCheeZ is becoming well known GriLtCheeZ is becoming well known GriLtCheeZ is becoming well known GriLtCheeZ's Avatar Tuco - The Ugly

Default Re: Weak ass game!

Except,

It's cruel to keep Jean Baptiste on the field. That kid is freaking lost out there. And Lovel Palmer is an awful soccer player. I don't get any part of why he's out there. Just fucking terrible.

/rant

(first time I've ever done an /rant on a forum, did I do it right?)

Oh yeah RSL are good. Two Nagbe wonder goals made this a game.

Oh and how is everyone enjoying the motherfucking season so far?
    Last edited by GriLtCheeZ; 03-31-2012 at 11:40 PM.
    "I don’t like to speak badly of people. I have grown up thinking and being told that if you cannot say something nice about someone, you should not say anything at all. But I must break that rule in this case because I hate Hulk Hogan very much. He is a big ugly goon and I want to smash his face."
    - Andre the Giant

3. TOP #3
    Wheels is making friends Wheels is making friends Wheels is making friends Wheels is making friends Wheels is making friends Wheels is making friends Wheels's Avatar Is That A Challenge?!?!1!

what a kick in the crotch that was.

4. TOP #4
    tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII's Avatar Yes I am smarter than you

Dumb substitution by Spenny last night. And Songo'o should be starting.

5. TOP #5
    Wheels is making friends Wheels is making friends Wheels is making friends Wheels is making friends Wheels is making friends Wheels is making friends Wheels's Avatar Is That A Challenge?!?!1!

Songo'o will start eventually trust me. He just might not be ready to handle more than 30+ minutes fitness wise yet.

6. TOP #6
    tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII is making friends tlongII's Avatar Yes I am smarter than you

Quote Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
    Songo'o will start eventually trust me. He just might not be ready to handle more than 30+ minutes fitness wise yet.
    I'm not buying that crap. He was playing 90 minute matches down in Carlsbad and he's been training for a couple of weeks now that his knee is fine. Plus he only played about 20 minutes Saturday night anyway. Ridiculous.

7. TOP #7

If you think the same fitness is needed for 90 minutes of a pre-season game, and 90 minutes of a game there 3 points are on the line, I dont know what to tell you.

The only beef I have with the lineup right now (which in turn would allow Songo'o to start when he is ready) is Jewsbury starting he has not been very good, at all, aside from the first game. Alexander should be playing in the middle of the park next to Chara (provided we play the 4-4-2)

my dream formation with this current squad would be a Diamond Midfield that looks something like this:

Boyd - Perlaza

Nagbe

Songo'o - Alexander

Chara

Wallace - Brunner - Mosquera - Palmer

8. TOP #8

(not that Palmer is in my dream lineup, but that is the best we have at RB unfortunately. ) Wallace isnt nearly as bad as people seem to think he is. (last year he was) but he has improved this year, and that PK was on AJB being caught out of position more than Wallace IMO who had to hustle his ass to cover

9. TOP #9

Quote Originally Posted by tlongII View Post
    I'm not buying that crap. He was playing 90 minute matches down in Carlsbad and he's been training for a couple of weeks now that his knee is fine. Plus he only played about 20 minutes Saturday night anyway. Ridiculous.
    Actually looks like he played 90 minutes once in Carlsbad and hadn't played a game for a month before playing against New England. Before that he hadn't played in a game for 9 months or so. Stop trippin' dog, he'll be in there soon enough.
    - Andre the Giant

10. TOP #10

If you think the same fitness is needed for 90 minutes of a pre-season game, and 90 minutes of a game there 3 points are on the line, I dont know what to tell you.

The only beef I have with the lineup right now (which in turn would allow Songo'o to start when he is ready) is Jewsbury starting he has not been very good, at all, aside from the first game. Alexander should be playing in the middle of the park next to Chara (provided we play the 4-4-2)

my dream formation with this current squad would be a Diamond Midfield that looks something like this:

Boyd - Perlaza

Nagbe

Songo'o - Alexander

Chara

Wallace - Brunner - Mosquera - Palmer
    I hope the Timbers trade for a better right back soon. There will be too many midfielders when everyone gets healthy and fit, so maybe one of those guys can be moved. Wallace is looking better.
    - Andre the Giant

11. TOP #11

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I hope the Timbers trade for a better right back soon. There will be too many midfielders when everyone gets healthy and fit, so maybe one of those guys can be moved. Wallace is looking better.
    Yeah Palmer is just having an awful time out there. I actually though Kawoluk (sp?) would be getting some burn this year with how bad Palmer has been.

We will def have a surplus of midfielders with Songo'o, Kalif, Chara, Jewsbury, Alexander, Marcelin, Zizzo, and even Wallace and Nagbe can and have played Mid. Maybe some team will bite on Jewsbury's veteran savvy for a team who can be helped to win now?

12. TOP #12

after the last few games I revisited this. Not starting Songo'o right now is most def the right call.

Continuing to play Jewsbury still is not.

13. TOP #13

One thing I hate about sports is there always seems to be a pecking order where a coach stays loyal to a guy who should have been out of there much sooner. Jewsbury was done before the All Star game last year. He played out of his mind early in the season though so I give him credit, but dude needs to be upgraded. I want that Marco Flores guy from Adelaide that is playing in China right now.

On another note do you know anyone who wants to buy a TA season ticket or two? I'm not giving up on the team, I'm just saving for a trip around the world and would like to sell my two tickets.
    - Andre the Giant

14. TOP #14
    ehizzy3 is becoming well known ehizzy3 is becoming well known ehizzy3 is becoming well known ehizzy3's Avatar RIP mgb

^^season as a whole or single games?

at least mosquero looks legit

15. TOP #15

I want to sell both of my TA full season tickets. I think that is 16 games each with the two exhibitions. I'd rather watch on TV really. I'd like $300 each.
    - Andre the Giant

16. TOP #16

Mosquera is dope.

Out:
    Jewsbury to the bench
    All of the outside defenders. There has got to be a right back out there in the USL/NASL better than anything we've got now got.
    I don't want to give up on Wallace yet, but he's still so meh even when he's playing well.

I'd like to see Alexander play in the middle. Zizzo, Nagbe Alhassan should hold things down nicely on the wings.
    - Andre the Giant

17. TOP #17

after the last few games I revisited this. Not starting Songo'o right now is most def the right call.

Continuing to play Jewsbury still is not.
    Wrong. Songo'o most definitely needs to start.

18. TOP #18

Wrong. Songo'o most definitely needs to start.
    Of course he needs to start, but he's not fit yet. Why is that so difficult to understand? Do you start a guy that will need to be subbed out in the 60th minute every game limiting what subs a manager can make? On top of not being fit he's got a nagging knee injury.
    Last edited by GriLtCheeZ; 04-19-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    - Andre the Giant

19. TOP #19

Of course he needs to start, but he's not fit yet. Why is that so difficult to understand? Do you start a guy that will need to be subbed out in the 60th minute every game limiting what subs a manager can make? On top of not being fit he's got a nagging knee injury.
    Why would you play one of your best players 30 minutes instead of 60 minutes? That makes no sense at all.

20. TOP #20

Why would you play one of your best players 30 minutes instead of 60 minutes? That makes no sense at all.
    Hmm perhaps an injured unfit player might be more effective over a shorter period of time. Diminished returns and all that.
    - Andre the Giant

21. TOP #21

Hmm perhaps an injured unfit player might be more effective over a shorter period of time. Diminished returns and all that.
    He's fit enough and he's healthy enough. Start him.

22. TOP #22

Alright coach! How's your FIFA team doing?
    - Andre the Giant

23. TOP #23

really? Cause he has looked like absolute shite after about 30 minutes. I dont know if you understand what "fit" means in soccer my friend.

24. TOP #24

Songo'o played 90 minutes in the reserve game. Yes he's fit enough.

25. TOP #25

Songo'o played 90 minutes in the reserve game. Yes he's fit enough.
    They are using the reserve games get him in shape for the first team. Oh and he came off in the 89th minute

I really have no idea what his fitness level is, but I know he's one of the best players and would be out there if he was ready to play a full game. Why is he being held out do you think? Do you have a juicy conspiracy theory or something? Are the Timbers tanking or something?
    Last edited by GriLtCheeZ; 04-23-2012 at 03:03 PM.
    - Andre the Giant

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information