Ex-Strikeforce Fighter Headed To WWE?

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling' started by truebluefan, Apr 7, 2012.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

Following his recent release from Strikeforce, former Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal is interested in a move to WWE. Prior to moving into MMA, Lawal wrestled at the University of Central Oklahoma for three years (2000-2002). During that time, he won one NCAA division II national championship in 2002, and had an overall record of 103-22. When he was completing his NCAA run, he was approached by WWE to sign a developmental deal.

Lawal was released by Zuffa, following the drama of failing a drug test after his bout with Lorenz Larkin, which he had won. Due to the failed test, Lawal was suspended nine-months, the bout was changed to a no contest, he was fined 30% of his show money and was forced to give up his $15,000 win bonus.

The initial drug test failure didn't make Zuffa happy, but following NSAC commissioner Pat Lundvall asking Lawal if he could speak and read English properly (referring to a questionnaire that Lawal had to fill out that required King Mo and all fighters to note any medication that was taken 2 weeks leading up to the fight) Lawal posted the following on Twitter, which is what triggered his release…

"I honestly feel like Lundvall was a racist bitch asking me if I can read or speak english."

He later added the following…

"Its funny how people are tryna say that I'm callin the commission racist. No!! They aren't. But there was one person on the panel that was out of line with the question she asked me. I found it insulting, prejudice, and a lil racist. I say racist from my past experiences, I have... "

Lawal also apologized to Lundvall, posting the following…

Commissioner Lundvall, thank you for accepting my apology. After talking on the phone with her...i seen that she is really coo as hell!!!

Source EWN