White House Easter Egg Roll has MLS flavor in 2012

Discussion in 'Americas' started by EPJr, Apr 9, 2012.

1. EPJr

EPJr Producer Staff Member Producer

White House Easter Egg Roll has MLS flavor in 2012
    [​IMG]

WASHINGTON – MLS players and employees spend thousands of hours each year serving their communities and spreading the joy of their sport to young fans.

But they don’t often get the chance to do so on the famous South Lawn of the White House.

On Monday, eight of the league’s players and one coach helped thousands of children play some footie as part of the 134th Annual White House Easter Egg Roll and its “Let's Go, Let's Play, Let's Move” theme. They were there along with nearly 35,000 other guests, adding a bevy of activities and entertainment to one of Washington’s most beloved traditions, hosted by the President and the First Family.

“Any time there’s something that’s emailed to you with ‘White House’ in the title, it’ll give you a double-take,” said Philadelphia Union defender Danny Califf. “To be able to do this – and take my family along – is probably one of the coolest experiences that I’ve had. I’m honored.”

Califf and Philly teammates Brian Carroll and Zac MacMath were the first MLS representatives on the South Lawn, followed by Kenny Cooper and Stephen Keel of the New York Red Bulls and D.C. United’s Stephen King, Robbie Russell, Chris Pontius and head coach Ben Olsen.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2012/04/09/white-house-easter-egg-roll-has-mls-flavor-2012