Thread: Hickson wants to stay in PDX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. TOP #26
    RR7 has statements worth reading RR7 has statements worth reading RR7 has statements worth reading RR7 has statements worth reading RR7 has statements worth reading RR7 has statements worth reading RR7 has statements worth reading RR7 has statements worth reading RR7's Avatar MVP Winner

Default Re: Hickson wants to stay in PDX

Quote Originally Posted by glazeduck View Post
    We absolutely are.

Their names are Raymond Felton and Jamal Crawford.
    Feasting. What we've seen from Ray is feasting. not beasting.

2. TOP #27
    Ed O is becoming well known Ed O is becoming well known Ed O is becoming well known Ed O is becoming well known Ed O's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Treaty_of_Batum View Post
    What's your guess on how much he will get offered?
    MLE-ish. I don't see why many teams would eat into their salary cap space for a guy who seemed all but worthless a couple of months ago.

Ed O.
    "In the end it all comes down to talent. You can talk all you want about intangibles, I just don't know what that means. Talent makes winners, not intangibles. Can nice guys win? Sure, nice guys can win - if they're nice guys with a lot of talent. Nice guys with a little talent finish fourth and nice guys with no talent finish last." -- Sandy Koufax

##

Stalk me on my blog.

3. TOP #28
    PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus's Avatar Fan Reason Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by Ed O View Post
    MLE-ish. I don't see why many teams would eat into their salary cap space for a guy who seemed all but worthless a couple of months ago.

Ed O.
    You may be right. Which then begs the question--if the best offer Hickson receives is MLE-ish, does he take it (hell, it IS $25M guaranteed), or does he accept the QO and play one more year here alongside Aldridge with the assumption that he can play himself into a much bigger payday next summer?

4. TOP #29
    BLAZINGGIANTS has several friends BLAZINGGIANTS has several friends BLAZINGGIANTS has several friends BLAZINGGIANTS has several friends BLAZINGGIANTS has several friends BLAZINGGIANTS has several friends BLAZINGGIANTS has several friends BLAZINGGIANTS has several friends BLAZINGGIANTS has several friends BLAZINGGIANTS's Avatar MVP Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Ed O View Post

Ed O.
    Again, I'd argue his time in Sacto, or his "worthless" performance, was more an aberration than the mean. Simple as that. The guy was improving every year, and he's still 23.

Hell, I don't have to argue. This isn't opinion. It's based on facts of his historical stats (aside from a few minor decreases in stats last season, but several still improved). So, is a half-season enough to call Hickson "worthless"?

5. TOP #30
    Ed O is becoming well known Ed O is becoming well known Ed O is becoming well known Ed O is becoming well known Ed O's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by BLAZINGGIANTS View Post
    Again, I'd argue his time in Sacto, or his "worthless" performance, was more an aberration than the mean. Simple as that. The guy was improving every year, and he's still 23.
    What did other teams give up to get him?

His track record before arriving in Sacramento has not changed, and yet no team offered money or a second rounder or anything to acquire him. EVEN IF Sacramento made a mistake by waiving him (and they clearly did), that doesn't change that it appears that no team was that interested in acquiring him from them earlier in the year.

Hell, I don't have to argue. This isn't opinion. It's based on facts of his historical stats (aside from a few minor decreases in stats last season, but several still improved). So, is a half-season enough to call Hickson "worthless"?
    I am not saying what you seem to think I am.

Ed O.
    "In the end it all comes down to talent. You can talk all you want about intangibles, I just don't know what that means. Talent makes winners, not intangibles. Can nice guys win? Sure, nice guys can win - if they're nice guys with a lot of talent. Nice guys with a little talent finish fourth and nice guys with no talent finish last." -- Sandy Koufax

##

Stalk me on my blog.

6. TOP #31

Quote Originally Posted by PtldPlatypus View Post
    You may be right. Which then begs the question--if the best offer Hickson receives is MLE-ish, does he take it (hell, it IS $25M guaranteed), or does he accept the QO and play one more year here alongside Aldridge with the assumption that he can play himself into a much bigger payday next summer?
    I dunno... I would guess that a guy might think it smarter to take the money when he can. He learned how easily the bottom can fall out of a situation when he was waived by Sacramento.

Ed O.

##

Stalk me on my blog.

7. TOP #32
    RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known Clown Town

I'm glad he wants to stay in PDX because he's the future

8. TOP #33
    HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP's Avatar NorthEastPortland'sFinest

^What?
    Twitter/Instagram -@bigjohnNEP ..................FAMS!

9. TOP #34
    RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known Clown Town

Aldridge is done thus Hickson is the future

10. TOP #35

On another note, the guys on 1080 said Aldridge's condition could possibly be degenerative.

Not that they have inside information or anything, just that it's not out of the realm of possibility.

They were they first ones saying Roy was done after learning of his injuries.

11. TOP #36
    3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC's Avatar its an even year

i think he will get something like 4/20ish
    mongreloid

12. TOP #37
    HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP's Avatar NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC View Post
    i think he will get something like 4/20ish
    that would be perfect
    Twitter/Instagram -@bigjohnNEP ..................FAMS!

13. TOP #38
    3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC's Avatar its an even year

or like 3/15 with a PO
    mongreloid

14. TOP #39
    Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane's Avatar It's not even loaded!

3/25 or 4/32.
    You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter lets him in. Sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument. Says 'Who's that?' St. Peter says, 'Oh, that's God. Thinks he's Denny Crane.

When you say my name, say it like you really mean it!
    Check out my blog here
    R.I.P. MGB - you will be missed

15. TOP #40
    barfo has statements worth reading barfo has statements worth reading barfo has statements worth reading barfo has statements worth reading barfo has statements worth reading barfo has statements worth reading barfo has statements worth reading barfo has statements worth reading barfo's Avatar commie pinko

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
    3/25 or 4/32.
    I'll take "what is Crawford likely to shoot over the next couple of games" for $500, Alex.

barfo

16. TOP #41

A young player that hasn't consistently proven anything doesn't score an $8M per contract, especially when that player may not have a true position.

With the new rules on the way I can't see many teams willing to offer much more than the full MLE.

17. TOP #42
    Tince is developing a reputation Tince's Avatar On the First Team

Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC View Post
    or like 3/15 with a PO
    I think that's a pretty good guess. I'll say 4 years, 26 million with a PO on the 4th year.

18. TOP #43
    Nate Dogg is developing a reputation Nate Dogg's Avatar On the First Team

I would be happy with him signing a 4 year deal with a 3.25 , 3.85 , 4.25, 4.75 million increment or something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by zagsfan20 View Post
    Fact is, Oregon St. is a mediocre program not on the Ducks level as far as success, exposure, $$$ and facilities.
    So i guess he still supports its fucked up football students.

19. TOP #44
    Rhal is becoming well known Rhal is becoming well known Rhal is becoming well known Rhal is becoming well known Rhal is becoming well known Rhal's Avatar MVP Winner

Quote Originally Posted by RoyToy View Post
    On another note, the guys on 1080 said Aldridge's condition could possibly be degenerative.

Not that they have inside information or anything, just that it's not out of the realm of possibility.

They were they first ones saying Roy was done after learning of his injuries.
    every injury "could" be degenerative that isn't a clean break.

20. TOP #45
    Nikolokolus has disabled reputation Nikolokolus's Avatar No worries, Bert has this

A torn labrum in his hip degenerative? ... Well, I guess if he loses blood supply post-op that's possible, but it's not like he's suffering necrosis right now. Don't get me wrong it's not "good," but this injury/surgery shouldn't have a ton of long-term impact during his playing career -- when he's 50 or 60 that might be a different story.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "90% of everything is crap" -- Theodore Sturgeon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information