Thread: Minnesota's tank job

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. TOP #1
    KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed's Avatar Veteran

Default Minnesota's tank job

It's one of the purest tank jobs I've seen since the Spurs tanked for Duncan. The only thing missing is Dominique Wilkins. Where's Love actually? Some made up injury? I have to hand it to the Wolves. 8 straight losses down the stretch when it matters.

2. TOP #2
    Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks has statements worth reading Fez Hammersticks's Avatar スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Default Re: Minnesota's tank job

It's blatantly blatant.

4-16 since Rubio went down.
    פורטלנד
    تريل بليزر
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ¡RipCity!----->La Onda Is Your Destiny!It's Like A Wave You Can't Stop!
    Combined population close connected Portland, Salem and Longview metropolitan areas is 2,708,396 (2008)
    "Portland is one of the most underrated cities." - Charles Barkley -- 8-1-2010
    "That's all you libs can say cuz you ain't know shit, fams!" - PapaG

3. TOP #3
    RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known Clown Town

Kevin Love isn't a leader

4. TOP #4
    Nikolokolus has disabled reputation Nikolokolus's Avatar No worries, Bert has this

They have nothing to tank for ... their pick is committed to New Orleans I believe.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "90% of everything is crap" -- Theodore Sturgeon

5. TOP #5
    julius has several friends julius has several friends julius has several friends julius has several friends julius has several friends julius has several friends julius has several friends julius has several friends julius has several friends julius has several friends julius's Avatar viva

You did see kevin take a nice elbow to the head, right?
    Let's just assume I have a big animated gif in my signature and call it good.

6. TOP #6
    MickZagger has statements worth reading MickZagger has statements worth reading MickZagger has statements worth reading MickZagger has statements worth reading MickZagger has statements worth reading MickZagger has statements worth reading MickZagger has statements worth reading MickZagger's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game

Quote Originally Posted by RoyToy View Post
    Kevin Love isn't a leader
    But, Aldridge is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze01 View Post
    Lillard is fools gold....and some of you guys are buying right into it...

7. TOP #7
    Kamper is developing a reputation Little League All Star

Exclamation Re: Minnesota's tank job

I won't call what they are doing a tank job, they were mediocure with Rubio, they suck without him. I am beginning to think the wolves have really shot themselves in the foot with this long-term rebuild, they're going to be decent, but kind of stuck in pergatory. Yes theyve got a star In k-love and perhaps a pretty decent and marketable prospect in Rubio- but will they ever contend with that roster? I'm thinking it's a no.

They are kinda like the blazers, except the wolves are a year or two behind the blazers in the rebuilding process, and the blazers now have some cap room to fill either through free agency or through lopsided trades. I don't fear the wolves now, and I'm definitely not going to fear them next year once the substantial upgrades the blazers can make this offseason come to fruition

8. TOP #8
    Kamper is developing a reputation Little League All Star

Additionally, that spurs team was mostly garbage sans Robinson- he was the entirety of that team the previous year, compare that Robinson to shaq from the magic years- both could nearly or reach the finals with a single dominant center.

I still think Portland is being more blatant with the tanking, which will be especially easy without Aldridge out now, and I expect batum to be shut down shortly. Aldridge wouldn't be shut down if the blazers were still contending. Additionally, Babbitt still wouldnt be seeing the light of day.

9. TOP #9
    Nikolokolus has disabled reputation Nikolokolus's Avatar No worries, Bert has this

Between Pekovic, Rubio, Love and Williams I think the Wolves will be fine ... maybe not "contenders" but that group is a helluva lot more compelling than what the Blazers currently have to count on.

Of course where the Blazers stand at the end of July has some potential, but potential can cut both ways.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "90% of everything is crap" -- Theodore Sturgeon

10. TOP #10
    BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert has several friends BBert's Avatar There's always this year

I was shocked Batum played last night. That's no way to tank. He should be resting his knee. I hope he keeps his sore knee away from the Blazers' staff.
    A player who makes a team great is much more valuable than a great player. -- John Wooden

11. TOP #11
    RR7 has statements worth reading RR7 has statements worth reading RR7 has statements worth reading RR7 has statements worth reading RR7 has statements worth reading RR7 has statements worth reading RR7 has statements worth reading RR7 has statements worth reading RR7's Avatar MVP Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolokolus View Post
    They have nothing to tank for ... their pick is committed to New Orleans I believe.
    this. no reason to try to lose.

12. TOP #12
    RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known RoyToy is becoming well known Clown Town

Quote Originally Posted by RR7 View Post
    Years of practice at doing it

Kevin Love knows how to lead a losing team to the cellar

13. TOP #13
    crowTrobot has written some things that people like crowTrobot has written some things that people like crowTrobot has written some things that people like crowTrobot's Avatar die comcast

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolokolus View Post
    Between Pekovic, Rubio, Love and Williams I think the Wolves will be fine ...

until they sign crawford

14. TOP #14
    HailBlazers is making friends HailBlazers is making friends HailBlazers is making friends HailBlazers is making friends HailBlazers is making friends HailBlazers is making friends HailBlazers's Avatar No Pity In The Rose City

No PG, no wins. Same story here in Portland.

15. TOP #15
    HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP's Avatar NorthEastPortland'sFinest

They aren't tanking son..... they don't have a reason to. Also, I thought Love stayed the night in the hospital. Learn the game THEN post TV star!
    Twitter/Instagram -@bigjohnNEP ..................FAMS!

16. TOP #16
    LameR is developing a reputation LameR's Avatar Ha Seung-Jin Approved!

Quote Originally Posted by RR7 View Post
    Hater thread is hateful (hey, I tried...). They just aren't good without Rubio, and Love is injured. Both already mentioned.
    C^2

17. TOP #17
    PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickZagger View Post
    But, Aldridge is.
    I've never seen a supposed "Blazer fan" dog on the team's All-Star like you do if Love is mentioned. It's like if somebody says anything bad about Stat Beast or the TPups, you automatically have to slam LMA.

18. TOP #18
    PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by LameR View Post
    Hater thread is hateful (hey, I tried...). They just aren't good without Rubio, and Love is injured. Both already mentioned.
    What's wrong with hating on the TPups? Are we supposed to cheer for them? Seems that way.

19. TOP #19
    Masbee is becoming well known Masbee is becoming well known Masbee is becoming well known Masbee is becoming well known Masbee's Avatar -- Rookie of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by MickZagger View Post
    But, Aldridge is.
    WTF?
    I have signatures turned off, so I can't see this.

20. TOP #20
    3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC's Avatar WET AS FUCK

fuck the wolves, they have had 7 picks in the top 7 the last 6 years, the better have some talent at this point...and still, they blow

wes johnson
    jonny flynn
    randy foye
    corey brewer
    mccants

i mean shit, fucking incompetence, but to be honest, losing those 3 #1's for joe effing smith (2000-2002) is still being felt
    mongreloid

21. TOP #21
    HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP's Avatar NorthEastPortland'sFinest

^ when do they start losing them or did they already?
    Twitter/Instagram -@bigjohnNEP ..................FAMS!

22. TOP #22
    3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC is influencing people 3RA1N1AC's Avatar WET AS FUCK

2000-2002 they already lost them
    mongreloid

23. TOP #23
    KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed is making friends KingSpeed's Avatar Veteran

Thanks for the correction.

24. TOP #24
    magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661's Avatar B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

I know the tpunks gave up their first rounder, but I thought it was protected. Basically if they get 6th or higher, they get to keep the pick? I maybe wrong though.

25. TOP #25
    MickZagger has statements worth reading MickZagger has statements worth reading MickZagger has statements worth reading MickZagger has statements worth reading MickZagger has statements worth reading MickZagger has statements worth reading MickZagger has statements worth reading MickZagger's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game

Quote Originally Posted by PapaG View Post
    I've never seen a supposed "Blazer fan" dog on the team's All-Star like you do if Love is mentioned. It's like if somebody says anything bad about Stat Beast or the TPups, you automatically have to slam LMA.
    Nah, I've always thought of Aldridge as soft. I wish we had Love, his game is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze01 View Post
    Lillard is fools gold....and some of you guys are buying right into it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information