Best Player in every team's history

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by CB4allstar, Dec 21, 2006.

1. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Re: Best Player in every team's history

Atlanta-Dominique WilkinsBoston-Bill RussellCharlotte-Emeka OkaforChicago-Michael JordanCleveland-Lebron JamesDallas-Dirk NowitzkiDenver-Alex EnglishDetroit-Isiah ThomasGolden State-Wilt ChamberlainHouston-Hakeem OlajuwonIndiana-Reggie MillerLA Clippers-Bob McAdooLA Lakers-Magic JohnsonMiami-Dwyane WadeMilwaukee-Kareem Abdul JabbarMinnesota-Kevin GarnettMemphis-Pau GasolNew Jersey-Jason KiddNew Orleans/Oklahoma-Larry JohnsonNew York-Patrick EwingOrlando-Shaquille O'NealPhiladelphia-Julius ErvingPhoenix-Kevin JohnsonPortland-Clyde DrexlerSacramento-Oscar RobertsonSan Antonio-Tim DuncanSeattle-Gary PaytonToronto-Vince Carter (soon to be Chris Bosh [​IMG] )Utah-Karl MaloneWashington-Elvin HayesI probably got some of these wrong. What do you guys disagree on? Make your own lists if you want.

2. jhowardfan

jhowardfan BBW Elite Member

seriously speaking, Gerald Wallace could make a good case for Charlotte's best player, IMO.and as for Toronto, as soon as CB4 leads the dinos to the postseason, he'll be the best.

3. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

Kevin Johnson was not the best for the Suns. Maybe if he would've stayed healthy...but I'd say it's easily Charles Barkley even in his short time with us, even though his partying may have cost us some playoff games.

4. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Damnit Nasser, I was gonna say that. But yeah, he's right. [​IMG]

5. CB4allstar

I would have said Charles, but he was only in Phoenix for 4 years, whereas KJ was there for 12. Also, I was looking at stats at his stats awhile ago, and dude averaged 20 and 12 one year [​IMG]

6. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

I made this thread a few times. Good idea bringing it back.Atlanta could be Bob PettitDallas should be Rolando BlackmanMilwaukee should be Oscar RobertsonNew Jersey should be Julius ErvingI'd say Allen Iverson for PhiladelphiaSacramento should be Alvin RobertsonAnd people already said change Phoenix.

7. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

I guess that makes sense since he was here longer even though Charles was the more talented player. I just with he wouldn't get injured so much because KJ was just a great player but with Stockton there and the Jazz making the Finals year after year he didn't get noticed as much. If Nash plays like he has though he will pass KJ soon, he already has for most Suns fans.Some short KJ clips.http://youtube.com/watch?v=9EGMSETJUkshttp://youtube.com/watch?v=Dlf_wBaCUssAnd just a bonus since I'm there already...Tom Chambershttp://youtube.com/watch?v=oA3ujP6dnHM&amp...ted&search=http://youtube.com/watch?v=8_jBWSGqGyw&amp...ted&search=

8. CB4allstar

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ Dec 21 2006, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I made this thread a few times. Good idea bringing it back.Atlanta could be Bob PettitDallas should be Rolando BlackmanMilwaukee should be Oscar RobertsonNew Jersey should be Julius ErvingI'd say Allen Iverson for PhiladelphiaSacramento should be Alvin RobertsonAnd people already said change Phoenix.</div>1) I was thinking Bob Pettit, but I decided to go new school2) I disagree. Blackman never posted the #'s Dirk gets, and Dirk led the Mavs to their first Finals appearence3) You're way off on that assumption. Robertson played 4 seasons with the Bucks at the very end of his career. He was past his prime, and didn't ever average over 20 ppg for one, wasnt a rebounding factor. He did get around 7 apg, but look at what KAJ did. He won the Bucks a championship, didn't he? And he put up monsterous #'s in Milwaukee. He got 34 and 17 once. You're way off on this one.4) I dont think so. He played 3 seasons with the Nets, back in the ABA days. There was no defense played, and his #'s are bloated. Kidd got NJ to the Finals, and has been a triple double machine, and a great pg for them.5) Ah....maybe...this could go either way.6) Yeah, totally agree with you on this one. EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT ALVIN ROBERTSON NEVER PLAYED FOR THE KINGS!!!! Wow, very stupid comment here. Alvin Robertson never played for the kings, whereas Robertson had the prime years of his career all with Cincinatti. He was the only player to average a triple double in a season, did that with the Kings. He averaged over 30 ppg 6 times, over 10 apg 5 times, over 10 rpg 3 times. This is just ridiculous. You sure made a fool out of yourself with this one..

9. jhowardfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ Dec 21 2006, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I made this thread a few times. Good idea bringing it back.Atlanta could be Bob PettitDallas should be Rolando BlackmanMilwaukee should be Oscar RobertsonNew Jersey should be Julius ErvingI'd say Allen Iverson for PhiladelphiaSacramento should be Alvin RobertsonAnd people already said change Phoenix.</div>Dirk was the only one who led us to the finals, and owns many records already in Mav history. Just a few more years and he will pass Ro for #1 in scoring. By all he has done, he is already the best in our history.

10. SunnyD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Dec 21 2006, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>6) Yeah, totally agree with you on this one. EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT ALVIN ROBERTSON NEVER PLAYED FOR THE KINGS!!!! Wow, very stupid comment here. Alvin Robertson never played for the kings, whereas Robertson had the prime years of his career all with Cincinatti. He was the only player to average a triple double in a season, did that with the Kings. He averaged over 30 ppg 6 times, over 10 apg 5 times, over 10 rpg 3 times. This is just ridiculous. You sure made a fool out of yourself with this one..</div>Way to overreact. You remind me of JR Smith.I forgot about Cincinatti turning into the Kings.I mixed up Alvin Robertson with Tiny Archibald. I'm going to go cut myself.

11. CB4allstar

OK, fair enough. Big O>Tiny Archibald either way. Tiny did have a few GREAT seasons for the Kings though.

12. bballinyao06

bballinyao06 BBW Elite Member

I can't believe you forgot Miami... :thumbdn1:

13. SunnyD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bballinyao06 @ Dec 21 2006, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I can't believe you forgot Miami... :thumbdn1:</div>And Memphis

14. CB4allstar

My bad.

15. jhowardfan

alright, thenMiami - Dwyane Wade Memphis - Pau Gasol

16. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

Alonzo Mourning is best player from Charlotte not Okafor. IMO But it is pretty close.

17. jhowardfan

Not entirely true, the Hornets were in Charlotte when Mourning was there, so therefore he should be in consideration for the NO Hornets franchise if anything

18. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

This shouldn't go by City but by team name...that would make it a better list.

19. yankshater213

yankshater213 BBW Elite Member

A lot of good potential choices for the Celtics, but I probably would have taken Bird over Russell.

20. RiseofdRaptors

RiseofdRaptors BBW Member

you forgot to mention Vancouver :lmao-1: the Grizzlies was there before you know...Charlotte's best player would be Glen Rice... his way better than Alonzo and EmekaMiami's best player would be Alonzo (when he was younger, he was the best C)