The Truth Behind the Manny Pacquiao vs. Timothy Bradley Fight

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by truebluefan, Jun 13, 2012.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

I have watched the fight four times from start to finish now. I do think that Manny Pacquiao won the fight against Tim Bradley last Saturday night. However, this outrage that has taken place since the decision is completely preposterous. It was a close fight, much closer than the HBO scorecard of 119-109.

I personally scored it 115-114 with one 10-10 round. I could see and argument for another round possibly two going to Pacquiao, but eleven rounds to one fight, that is ridiculous.

The reason for this entire outcry is simply because almost everyone who watched this fight listened to the HBO commentators blow up Manny all night long. They did not even give Bradley any consideration on any of the rounds. I would like to right now state my stance on CompuBox. I hate it and I think it is completely worthless when trying to score a close fight. I think the numbers were way off the mark in this fight and should not even be considered in the conversation. Now back to the topic at hand. The commentators kept talking about the punching power of Manny and how great he is. If you ask me they have long been on the bandwagon, which probably means that I should mention that I am a Pacquiao fan also. The commentators were obviously correct Bradley could not hurt Pacquiao. There was one punch landed by Bradley, I think in the third round but could be mistaken, that bothered Manny from my prospective.

Read more: http://www.boxingnews24.com/2012/06...acquiao-vs-timothy-bradley-fight/#more-119114