Paul Pierce: Ray Allen still my bro

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by truebluefan, Aug 4, 2012.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Boston Celtics captain Paul Pierce admitted he's "a little bitter" about Ray Allen's decision to go to Miami and said it will be "weird" going up against him on opening night next season.

But Pierce expressed gratitude for what Allen brought to Boston, including helping the Celtics win a world title.

"Ray made the best decision for him," Pierce told the team's official website Thursday in his first public offseason comments. "That's what it's all about: You get in these situations, you become a free agent and you make a decision based on what's best for you and your family. Ray will always be a brother for me. If it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't be wearing a championship ring. So the things he was able to do for this organization will never be forgotten."

Asked if he has talked to Allen since he spurned Boston's two-year, $12 million offer to sign with Miami for half the value, Pierce said, "A couple texts. I'm a little bitter that he went to Miami, but he's still a brother of mine."

Read more: http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story...tics-paul-pierce-little-bitter-ray-allen-exit

2. k1234

k1234 Member

Ray Allen made the best decision for him and his family. Particularly his son with diabetes as there is one of the best health centre's for people suffering from this disease. Ray is in the later stages of his career and he should do everything possible to try and secure another championship before retiring.

3. cmac44111

cmac44111 Banned

^
    Right, because the Celtics have no chance to win a title in the next 3 years.

4. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

hmm, I didn't know Miami had the best diabetes care, where are you getting that from?

5. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    I love Jesus! ;)

6. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

I think he will fit well in Miami, but I also think the Celtics got better by replacing him with Terry/Lee