Vikings Agree to Terms with Three

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by The Outlaw, Jul 22, 2004.

1. The Outlaw

The Outlaw nfl-*****s member

<span style="color:purple">Vikings Agree to Terms with Three
    Thursday, July 22, 2004

The Minnesota Vikings have agreed to terms with their final three draft picks of the 2004 NFL Draft, LB Rod Davis (5th round, 155th overall), DB Deandre Eiland (6th round, 184th overall) and TE Jeff Dugan (7th round, 220th overall).

Terms were not disclosed.

The Vikings only have their first three picks left to sign, DE Kenechi Udeze, LB Dontarrious Thomas and DE Darrion Scott.

LINK</span>

2. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

wooooooohoooooooooo. We are on our way to an uneventful offseason. Now if we can get through Training Camp without incident, I think we can actually start the season with a focused team.

3. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

who cares?????? no 1 important

4. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vikingfan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Now if we can get through Training Camp without incident, I think we can actually start the season with a focused team.</div>

what, you always start focused and unstoppable..........................

............its how you end it. [​IMG]

5. vikingfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Giantsfan12004)</div><div class='quotemain'>who cares?????? no 1 important</div>

You never know who is going to develop and in what capacity. Besides, every player contributes, even if they are on the practice squad.

6. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

Rod Davis tore it up @ Southern Miss (Favre's alma mater) and D. Thomas was impact player in the SEC (I believe he played @ Auburn). Both IMO have a chance to make an impact at the pro level.

7. MysteryMan

MysteryMan nfl-*****s member

Yea but it still doesnt deserve a post until they do good. Does it mean we have to post every 5th to 7th pick when they're signed?

8. Bleedblk&gld

Bleedblk&gld The Drive

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MysteryMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yea but it still doesnt deserve a post until they do good. Does it mean we have to post every 5th to 7th pick when they're signed?</div>
    Good point. whoopty doo.

9. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Well if your posting in your teams forum that means your posting to people who care about the vikings and obviously others are welcome to comment. I def care about my teams late picks seeing as Dan Koppen (5th rounder out of BC 2003 draft) and David Givens (7th rounder out of Notre Dame in 2002) are both solid contributers and just a couple examples.

In short please try to keep you ignorance to your self. Thanks!

10. MysteryMan

Who the hell is Don Koppen??????

11. Pats37

He started from week two on at Center for the Patriots and had a very solid season.

12. MysteryMan

Hes a CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one really cares. Givens though is a descent WR.

13. vikingfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MysteryMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yea but it still doesnt deserve a post until they do good. Does it mean we have to post every 5th to 7th pick when they're signed?</div>

Yep. Your active status depends on it. If you miss a single signing then you are OUT!!! In fact, you really should be posting on the eating habits of at least your 4th round draft pick.

I posted this as news...the Vikings have had trouble signing people in the past. The moons seem to be aligning this year for the Vikings with a relatively smooth offseason, this just adding to that. I though I would post it in my team's forum.

14. nflfan04

nflfan04 Dazed and Confused

i agree w/ MM... they arent the first 3... theyre the last 3.

but i also agree w/ viking fan saying you dont know who is good... look at Tom Brady... he was a 6th round pick

15. vikingfan

Besides, having a completely signed draft class gives the team the most options possible when deciding who to start, who to play, and who they should put on the practice squad. That's why it is important to get a draft class that actually makes the team...even in the last rounds.

Drafting in the first and second round is easy, finding talent in the later rounds is the real art to a good draft.

16. td4td

td4td Fearless ****** of Orange Crush

I have stopped saying who in the hell is this or that guy.

The last time I did that, Terrell Davis ended up being the best RB the Broncos ever had, on the field and off.

17. Bleedblk&gld

Bleedblk&gld The Drive

Hey a Broncos fan!!!!!!!!! What's up.

18. Pats37

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MysteryMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hes a CENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one really cares.</div>

Mystery Man,

A center is an huge part of your offense as he calls out the line assignments he is not just some fat guy in the middle which I suspect you may be thinking. Trust me you might not care but fans of their respective teams DO care. By posting such things you only expose yourself.

19. nflfan04

nflfan04 Dazed and Confused

plus... if there wasnt a center...thered be a huge whole and the QB would be sacked nearly every play

20. Rube Cred

Rube Cred nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pats37)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well if your posting in your teams forum that means your posting to people who care about the vikings and obviously others are welcome to comment. I def care about my teams late picks seeing as Dan Koppen (5th rounder out of BC 2003 draft) and David Givens (7th rounder out of Notre Dame in 2002) are both solid contributers and just a couple examples.

In short please try to keep you ignorance to your self. Thanks!</div>

Well said. Now, if this was posted in the general forum, I can understand a big fat "WHO CARES?!!?" but this is the Vikings forum. I for one am glad they are on pace to sign all their guys before camp, which they have had some trouble with in the past, even with later round guys (See O. Smith).