Thread: 2014 Football Commits and Recruiting News

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast
  1. TOP #826

Default Re: 2014 Football Commits and Recruiting News

Quote Originally Posted by Quack U! View Post
    This recruiting class was damn SOLID!

Rolls Royce is the next coming of Frank Gore + 2 inches taller
    Mahalak is a cross between Joey's personality and Mariota's skill and athleticism
    Springs is a hub your secondary CB to go along with McGraw, Oliver and don't sleep on Inenacho, this kid has pedigree!

Swain will make you think of a bigger version of Clay
    Maloata could very well be 300 by fall and wicked strong and that is a DT!
    Tony James is LMJ, maybe faster!

Jalen Brown is a great receiver and route runner with super hands. He'll play early!

Tua Talia is a freakish athlete who is going to be a difference maker on the D line come fall!

Eggert has speed for a guy that size and great run blocking and he's 6'7 300, can't teach HUGE for the O Line. He may still grow 2 inches before he's 20!

Lousi will be starting on the O line his second year.

We have 4-5 projects, but we've got redshirts that will now be ready to roll!

Grab 2 DT's in next years class and we'll be golden!
    Damn, I hope you're right. Nice post. Rep'd.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlprk View Post
    Sly swaggers around like John Wayne.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC View Post
    sly is han solo

2. TOP #827
    Quack U! is developing a reputation Quack U!'s Avatar Minor League Stand Out

The first time I saw Mariota's high school tapes I knew we had a gem!!! When he redshirted in the wings behind DT I knew he'd beat out Bennett the following year and hoped Bennett would go to LB position. My duck grad class bet me I'd be wrong and that got me a free Fiesta Bowl weekend!

Rolls Royce is the truth! He is the power back Oregon has never had! This one I'm Mariota confident on!

Springs,Inenacho and Swain will be SOLID!

Malahak could be amazing just like Marcus with more personality!! Very GOOD for the Ducks and Duck exposure.

Jalen Brown will be our Jerry Rice!

The rest could fail, but the above are rock solid guys, and if averages of busts prove true, this is a damn Solid class!

3. TOP #828
    STOMP is becoming well known STOMP is becoming well known STOMP is becoming well known STOMP is becoming well known STOMP is becoming well known STOMP's Avatar mere fan

Quote Originally Posted by Targus View Post
    What was Stomps posts saying about JuJu?
    you mean the link that I relayed? I'm a fan following my school's recruiting. I relay links and offer opinions on a chat site. Sometimes I'm right, sometimes I'm wrong. I was definitely hopeful that Oregon would land Smith... oh well.

you aren't obsessed much at all are you?

STOMP

4. TOP #829
    STOMP is becoming well known STOMP is becoming well known STOMP is becoming well known STOMP is becoming well known STOMP is becoming well known STOMP's Avatar mere fan

Quote Originally Posted by Zalsa View Post
    Helf is trying to sweep things under the rug. He should have offered Alfonzo, Rika, and that Hawaii NT earlier.
    Sweep what under the rug? Alfonzo Hampton signed with the Idaho Vandals. Either the Ducks (and everyone else) didn't want him for talent and/or other reasons or he had admission problems. Rika, they seem to have backburnered on to pursue guys they valued more and by the time they'd missed out on those guys he'd moved on... it happens.That Hawaiian NT (Ratu Malifeo) is still waiting to see if he can be academically cleared. He's made numerous statements recently that if/when that happens he'll be committing to UO shortly there after.

STOMP

5. TOP #830

We haven't gotten guys of such size since. We've been getting smaller and smaller.

Ugggghh.
    ??? According to Helfrich at his presser, when Malaota came in during his OV (that none of us heard about) he measured in at 6'1 5/8th 291lbs. Jelks is 6'7 260+ and is projected to be 300+.

I don't get what the beef with the beef is

STOMP

6. TOP #831
    Zalsa is developing a reputation Zalsa's Avatar I like salsa

But still, typical NTs are over 310-320. We can't have them start out at friggin 270.

He needs to bear down on NT/Heavy DTs next cycle HARD. With this class I don't see us winning @UCLA and Stanford is up in the air

7. TOP #832
    Targus is developing a reputation Banned

^^ Nope. We are going to get pushed around on the DL and exploited at LB. Here's to our offense being able to put up more points than the defense gives up.

8. TOP #833
    oldmangrouch is making friends oldmangrouch is making friends oldmangrouch is making friends oldmangrouch is making friends oldmangrouch is making friends oldmangrouch is making friends oldmangrouch's Avatar resident crank

Having the USC and Stanford classes rated ahead of ours is bad enough. Seeing UCLA and the Arizona schools also beat us is disheartening.
    I don't have ADD - you're just boring.

9. TOP #834
    Targus is developing a reputation Banned

Grouch, did you see that ASU landed three DT's - they average 295# today. 310+ by the time they start playing?
    UA brought in two DT's - one being a 295# four star out of WA.
    Utah brought in three DT's - including a 315#
    The list goes on and on....

I get that simple weight doesn't a good DT make. But, it sure is what Oregon needs.

10. TOP #835
    Wheels is making friends Wheels is making friends Wheels is making friends Wheels is making friends Wheels is making friends Wheels is making friends Wheels's Avatar O Captain! My Captain!

Quote Originally Posted by Targus View Post
    ^^ Nope. We are going to get pushed around on the DL and exploited at LB. Here's to our offense being able to put up more points than the defense gives up.
    Your post above this one has been deleted due to a personal attack yet again. You and others have been asked multiple times to refrain from personal attacks, and unfortunately for some reason it needs to be asked of you again. If you disagree with someone's viewpoint, please disagree with it without attacking that poster.

11. TOP #836
    BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game

Hey, it ain't over for DT's until the fat lady sings!!

We're still after Ratu Mafileo, 6'3, 310. It feels like so long as he qualifies (and he thinks he does) he'll be a Duck.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ducks-football

12. TOP #837

But still, typical NTs are over 310-320.
    that might be NFL size but it's not college. Stanford runs a 3-4 and their starting NT was 292 & the two DTs were 275. Of the 9 guys named to the All Pac 12 teams, only 1 was listed at 300 (Utah's Tenny Palepoi).

http://utahutes.cstv.com/sports/m-fo...oi_796855.html

We can't have them start out at friggin 270.
    every single 300 pound NT in the history of DLman (even Ngata) was 270 at one point... and again, Maloata weighed in at 291 according to the Head Coach

STOMP
    Last edited by STOMP; 02-06-2014 at 11:36 PM.

13. TOP #838

I am still cautious about this class. We didn't get any beef at all this class, while UCLA, USC, and Stanford did. Heck even Washington did as well.

14. TOP #839

I am still cautious about this class. We didn't get any beef at all this class...
    similarly, black is white & up is down. Is it the 300 number that you're hung up on? Geez at the rate AM has been gaining weight he's probably over that now.

I've no concern about the size of the guys that they landed for their lines. Time will tell about their talent level which is far more important.

STOMP

15. TOP #840
    BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET is making friends BLAZER PROPHET's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game

Quote Originally Posted by STOMP View Post
    I've no concern about the size of the guys that they landed for their lines. Time will tell about their talent level which is far more important.

STOMP
    Overall I agree with this, but DL is a position of size as well as talent.

16. TOP #841

Indeed.

Also, whats the word on 2015 prospect Cameron Scarlett? People are telling me he's a Stanford lean of all people! Offer him already!

17. TOP #842

Quote Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
    Overall I agree with this, but DL is a position of size as well as talent.
    right, having good size is important at most positions. As I've repeatedly shown though, 6'2 291 has proven to be solid size for a DT/NT coming out of HS. Here's yet another example. Remember that great Michigan St. defense that stuffed Stanford in the Rose Bowl this year? Here's the HS rivals profile of their 305 lb Sophomore NT

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...e-Thomas-92733

It truly seems like people are griping about Oregon's lack of DLine size out of habit as the facts just don't support it. I went to go check out the "beef" that Zalsa was bemoaning UW landing & saw they'd landed only a single DT who is listed as pretty much the same exact size as Malaota is but he's discounting as not big enough. Another school he touted for the "beef" they landed is Stanford who landed just two DLineman listed at 259 & 263

STOMP

18. TOP #843

Also, whats the word on 2015 prospect Cameron Scarlett? People are telling me he's a Stanford lean of all people! Offer him already!
    check his profile already!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/cal/football...carlett-155505

Oregon's in on some really top rated RBs for 2015 and it's cupboards are almost embarrassingly full with great talents. Baring unforeseen attrition, taking 2 kids would be a lot.

STOMP

19. TOP #844

I saw his 247 profile and saw him as an "Athlete" my apologies. Which 2015 RBs are we in the running for? We're so not getting Taj Griff because of Georgia and muhSEC. Jamobo(?) is tough because not only do we need to wrestle against TAMU, but Texas as well.

20. TOP #845

Anyways, now to focus on the next cycle(as the Ratu situation has not been cleared, I think he will take the JUCO route). Who are we focusing on the most for the next year and what are our needs? I already know that D-line will be a big need, but will the offense and a QB be needed? Daigotsu, STOMP, got a run down of what people we targeting hard and which prospects like us?

21. TOP #846

Anyways, now to focus on the next cycle(as the Ratu situation has not been cleared, I think he will take the JUCO route). Who are we focusing on the most for the next year and what are our needs? I already know that D-line will be a big need, but will the offense and a QB be needed? Daigotsu, STOMP, got a run down of what people we targeting hard and which prospects like us?
    I've read the coaches saying that ideally you want to recruit close to a full lineup each year, so 1 QB 2 RBs 2WRs 1TE etc...

from my understanding, Ratu is waiting on getting acceptable SAT scores back.

while it's hardly the bible truth of whats what of Duck targets, rivals has a recruiting page that I've linked before that can be queried to show which recruits have early interest in at least being recruited by Oregon (or any other school). You can query it in various ways including which guys are claiming early offers which reflects mutual interest. Unlike many other schools, Oregon doesn't throw out scholarships hoping to attract interest. They respond to guys who've expressed interest in them and then maybe they offer. Heres that link again....

http://rivals.yahoo.com/oregon/footb...recruit-search

I see w/Taj Griffin you're still hanging onto the same all powerful SEC myth thats been debunked quite a few times now. He's put Oregon in his early top 3 and says he's looking forward to coming out West. Time will tell if he does, but guys who take OVs to Oregon have committed at a very high rate. Again though, I doubt a top RB recruit will be looking at a tougher depth chart to climb

STOMP

22. TOP #847

Only prospect with a high interest in us would be Kris Boyd(?) and he has us alongside Texas. Gonna be tough considering how good Texas has made some NFL level DBs(Earl Thomas, Terrell Brown, and Kenny Vaccaro). Lots of mediums though.

For some reason, I don't know if either Brady Hart or Garret Stidham is the better QB. Both guys look great and I think Hart would be similar to Foles under Chip. Stidham would of course be a MM-esque player.

And low and behold, no DTs so far love us.

23. TOP #848
    Quack U! is developing a reputation Quack U!'s Avatar Minor League Stand Out

If top DT's like Vanderdoes are telling players and sports sites and anyone who will listen that Oregon uses DT's the wrong way, we might want to change that perception before we blame the DT's for not wanting to come here. Every DT fancies themselves as the next Warren Sapp not an oversized punching bag for the abuse of the opponents O line!

24. TOP #849

Quote Originally Posted by Quack U! View Post
    If top DT's like Vanderdoes are telling players and sports sites and anyone who will listen that Oregon uses DT's the wrong way, we might want to change that perception before we blame the DT's for not wanting to come here. Every DT fancies themselves as the next Warren Sapp not an oversized punching bag for the abuse of the opponents O line!
    Whatever... while we're all aware of your claims of Oregon coaches being completely ignorant (and arrogant!) about football and you knowing all, the probability of something very different being true exists in the minds of most here. Call me crazy (and I'm sure you will) but I'm sticking with the wildly successful coaches rather then some internet poster who thinks Duck DTs should be practicing their swim blocks.

btw, reports were at the time that following decommitting from USC and prior to committing to Notre Dame he came back begging to the Ducks to re-offer him but they said "no thanks". His fickle primadonna act had worn thin on our completely ignorant coaches and now apparently he's got bitter bitch face. Oh well...

STOMP
    Last edited by STOMP; 02-10-2014 at 03:06 PM.

25. TOP #850

Only prospect with a high interest in us would be Kris Boyd(?) and he has us alongside Texas. Gonna be tough considering how good Texas has made some NFL level DBs(Earl Thomas, Terrell Brown, and Kenny Vaccaro). Lots of mediums though.
    I wouldn't read much into the level of interest indicated, just that there is interest. If interest is listed then they've probably reached out to Oregon's staff via their HS coach which kicks off UO's checking into a kid's character. If what they find out is agreeable, then they reach out to the kid and see if they can start a relationship.

STOMP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 LastLast

Thread Information