Thread: 2014 Football Commits and Recruiting News

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
  1. TOP #26
    STOMP is becoming well known STOMP is becoming well known STOMP is becoming well known STOMP is becoming well known STOMP is becoming well known STOMP's Avatar mere fan

Quote Originally Posted by Zalsa View Post
    A question on Mixon's Dream School: Is it USC or Oregon?
    would I be relaying the dream school thing if it was USC?

STOMP

2. TOP #27
    Zalsa is developing a reputation Zalsa's Avatar I like salsa

Default Re: 2014 Football Commits and Recruiting News

Oh. Good point. Considering how they have 2 RBs, they maybe solid on depth for a while, and they may want to invest on Defense/WR in the upcoming class for the Trojans.

For Oregon, interior D for sure, as well as perhaps a corner or two. Maybe an OL here and there. Offensively, we're set up unless we can find another DAT-like player.

Also, Adoree' Jackson has USC and LSU in his top 2, and he's a 5* on the West Coast. We gotta offer this kid.

3. TOP #28
    Daigotsu is developing a reputation Minor League Stand Out

4 star, Jordan Hoiem if offered might close down recruiting and commit to us as soon as he is able too. Sadly we haven't communicated with him in a month

4. TOP #29

And why is that?

5. TOP #30

So...any progress so far? Have we contacted any interior linemen?

6. TOP #31

God I am bored...posting 3 times in a row...

Is it possible to get Speedy Noll out of Louisanna? He's only 5'10. He'd fit perfectly with Oregon as the second coming of DAT. Problem is, LSU is chasing him hard.

7. TOP #32

God I am bored...posting 3 times in a row...

Is it possible to get Speedy Noll out of Louisanna? He's only 5'10. He'd fit perfectly with Oregon as the second coming of DAT. Problem is, LSU is chasing him hard.
    Seems unlikely. We still have a hard time pulling people from SEC. We did get underrated Williams last year, though many places had filled up before he committed.

Players Most likely to commit if we offered currently
    Wilkins
    Hale
    Hoim
    Dunmore the younger

Mixon is interested, but we haven't offered yet. His recruitment would be a marathon.
    Scoby might have HS course issues that might be a problem, because of school transfers.

Of those offered
    Bunting seems happy, and we got on the ball before others. But still a long time and expect more big time offers.
    Only big offers for OL Jones and Crosby. Crosby planning to visit for Junior day. Both have a good shot of trying to commit early.

Still early. We don't take commits till late usually, maybe Helfrich will change that. Still not expecting a commit until May.

8. TOP #33

Well that's good to hear. Will he hold camps and invite those guys, or maybe give out offers at "The Opening"?

Also, whats the news on Nic Purcell's eligbility? Is it still in limbo?

9. TOP #34

Well that's good to hear. Will he hold camps and invite those guys, or maybe give out offers at "The Opening"?

Also, whats the news on Nic Purcell's eligbility? Is it still in limbo?
    We don't give out offers, or do recruiting of any time during the Opening usually.. We also generally don't have visits. A player could maybe do an unofficial, but that leaves a lot on the players own dime, as it can negate the home flight that nike usually pays for.

10. TOP #35

Oh I see. I thought that's when couches do offers...

Also, the top prospect in state I heard is Connor Humphreys. He's an Oregon lean I assume right? I heard OSU and BYU along with Washington offered early.

11. TOP #36
    STOMP is becoming well known STOMP is becoming well known STOMP is becoming well known STOMP is becoming well known STOMP is becoming well known STOMP's Avatar mere fan

Humphries grew up rooting for the Beavs and Boise St. Last I heard he said it seemed like UO was cooling on him, but who knows?

STOMP

12. TOP #37

recent DB offer McGraw has states Oregon was dream school, after visit will pro Sbably lead. S Jamal Adams just got offered by Oregon, is friends with amako twins.

13. TOP #38

You mean Mattrel McGraw? If so, nabbing him would be huge. He's in SEC country.

Stealing Adams away from Texas and Choklahoma is also very nice.

14. TOP #39

yes that McGraw. A recent interview with him made it sound nearly a foregone conclusion that he'll be playing out West rather then the SEC

Oregon is doing their due diligence on a decent sized OG named Damien Mama. He claims to be in regular contact with Greatwood and other Duck coaches. As a side interest to seeing them win games, I like it when they add guys with great names and he'd definitely qualify. The highlight tape I saw of him revealed he moves very well.

STOMP

15. TOP #40

That's great.

Getting Mama would be huge. He's a big nasty guard that even has Alabama on his list. If Oregon does offer him and stave him off as well as Stanford(they want to copy Bama after all) they will need a BCS Bowl win, or have Greatwood mesh well with him

16. TOP #41
    PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends PapaG has several friends Banned User

That's great.

Getting Mama would be huge. He's a big nasty guard that even has Alabama on his list. If Oregon does offer him and stave him off as well as Stanford(they want to copy Bama after all) they will need a BCS Bowl win, or have Greatwood mesh well with him
    Huh?

17. TOP #42

Mama is a big 350 pound guard, and I think he'd want in on either a Pro-style offense or a school that makes 1st round O-linemen casually. However, if he's mobile and quick for his size, we could get him.

We just need a big season to prove we can still win with Helfrich, thus win recruits.

18. TOP #43

with their returning talent + a favorable schedule, there is good reason to project that Helfrich's first season at the helm will be very successful. We'll see and all, but I'm not too worried about whether top kids will still want to come to Eugene following this season as there are many great reasons to be a Duck.

DM being 350 today doesn't mean that will always be his weight as we've regularly seen lineman's weight fluctuate once they get to Oregon. Between their nutritional program and the sorts of workouts they design for each guy, physical changes are the norm. 6'7 Olineman Everett Benyard and Mark Asper spring to mind as guys who at times during their Duck careers were near 350... Benyard came in at 305 during last season. While he may also project well in a Pro Style offense, if Greatwood feels the kid has the ability to excel in his system, thats a pretty good endorsement.

STOMP

19. TOP #44

Hopefully. If Greatwood has confidence, I believe in him, as well as Oregon's nutritional program.

Also, we offered Jon Lockett and Jamal Adams. How are our chances of nabbing Adams from Texas and Choklahoma? Lockett likes Notre Dame too, and I wouldn't blame him, so it will be tough to grab him.

20. TOP #45

Ducks offer Bama LB Rashaan Evans

STOMP

21. TOP #46

Too bad he'll want to stay at home for either Saban or Malzahn. We get him, I will do the jig in front of a Walmart.

Still, nice to see us go after southern prospects.

22. TOP #47

McGraw may commit after April visit, at least I would not be superseded that happens. Same for Crosby after junior day.

23. TOP #48

Junior Day is when high school prospects who will become seniors are invited to host like a 7 on 7 and Line drills right?

24. TOP #49

Ducks offer one of rivals few 5*s from the West, DAT style do it all athlete Adoree Jackson.... SoCal schools are thought to be the favorite

STOMP

25. TOP #50

Isn't LSU in the mix? I think he would want to stay, simply because of the quality of DBs at UCLA, and of course, Under Stanford Control.

Stanford could be in the mix as well, but nice to see Oregon take the intiative.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information