Thread: 2013 draft pick position watch! Dradradraft

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. TOP #76
    magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661's Avatar B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Default Re: 2013 draft pick position watch! Dradradraft

Quote Originally Posted by julius View Post
    Not imho. Lillard is probably the only one of the 4 that should be in the 'core' category. Not saying they should trade LaMarcus, or Batum...but Matthews shouldn't be in the 'core'.

They need to add to the team, and one of the easiest ways to do it is via the draft.
    See I disagree with that. Aldridge could be just as important to the success as would bosh to Miami.

2. TOP #77
    BigGameDamian is becoming well known BigGameDamian is becoming well known BigGameDamian is becoming well known BigGameDamian's Avatar Good Enough for my Own Shoe

Quote Originally Posted by julius View Post
    Not imho. Lillard is probably the only one of the 4 that should be in the 'core' category. Not saying they should trade LaMarcus, or Batum...but Matthews shouldn't be in the 'core'.

They need to add to the team, and one of the easiest ways to do it is via the draft.
    Well I know they need to add to the team but it seems to me that Lillard, Aldridge and Batum are you main core guys who they are choosing to build this team around. I agree with you about Mathews but add him in if you want. So after your core guys are in place when do you stop building though the draft? You can't just keep building though the draft and expect to win a championship someday.

3. TOP #78
    magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661's Avatar B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameDamian View Post
    Well I know they need to add to the team but it seems to me that Lillard, Aldridge and Batum are you main core guys who they are choosing to build this team around. I agree with you about Mathews but add him in if you want. So after your core guys are in place when do you stop building though the draft? You can't just keep building though the draft and expect to win a championship someday.
    I forgot who told me this a while ago; but I think it's fitting. A team rebuilding tries hard to obtain a franchise player and manageable contracts as much as they can until the opportunity arises with a disgruntled star. They gave reference to the clippers; being able to obtain talent via draft, find their franchise player, then hit the home run with Chris Paul. They were one team with all the intangibles to make a deal for Paul, without losing too much talent. And then once they showed they can contend, they had their pick of free agents willing to play lessor roles to be on a winning organization.

Ironically the gm at the time was oshley. I think we are in good position to be that team this summer and next season. I believe we aren't too far away. We could deal hickson and cap space for a center, keep maynor and still have room to bring in one more decent vet talent. Then if that time comes (a disgruntled star wants out) we will have enough solid pieces to offer via trade.

4. TOP #79
    Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff's Avatar habiller pour la victoire

We are currently 2 games above the 12th team and 3.5 games below the number 8 seed for the playoffs.

5. TOP #80
    KeepOnRollin is becoming well known KeepOnRollin is becoming well known KeepOnRollin is becoming well known KeepOnRollin's Avatar On the First Team

Which of these remaining games will we win?

@ San Antonio Spurs
    @ New Orleans Hornets
    Memphis Grizzlies
    New York Knicks
    Detroit Pistons
    @ Philadelphia 76ers
    @ Milwaukee Bucks
    @ Chicago Bulls
    @ Atlanta Hawks
    @ Oklahoma City Thunder
    Brooklyn Nets
    Utah Jazz
    @ Golden State Warriors
    @ Utah Jazz
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Houston Rockets
    Dallas Mavericks
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    @ Denver Nuggets
    Opponent
    @ Los Angeles Clippers
    Golden State Warriors

Some will say none. Some will say all. I say it will be hard to win more then a handful. Still think we get that 12 spot.

6. TOP #81

Quote Originally Posted by KeepOnRollin View Post

@ San Antonio Spurs - WIN
    @ New Orleans Hornets - WIN
    Memphis Grizzlies - WIN (I will be at the game!)
    New York Knicks - WIN (I will be at the game!)
    Detroit Pistons - WIN ( I will be at the game!)
    @ Philadelphia 76ers - WIN
    @ Milwaukee Bucks - LOSS
    @ Chicago Bulls - LOSS
    @ Atlanta Hawks - LOSS (They have our number)
    @ Oklahoma City Thunder - WIN (Redemption!)
    Brooklyn Nets - WIN
    Utah Jazz - WIN (We have to)
    @ Golden State Warriors - LOSS
    @ Utah Jazz - WIN (This time we come out and beat this shit team!)
    Memphis Grizzlies - LOSS
    Houston Rockets - WIN (Another Redemption game)
    Dallas Mavericks - WIN (Aldridge just owns this team)
    Los Angeles Lakers - WIN (FUCK THE LAKERS!)
    Oklahoma City Thunder - WIN (We gotta show these punks they ain't a championship squad!)
    @ Denver Nuggets - LOSS
    Opponent
    @ Los Angeles Clippers - WIN (Because we finally understand we must win and make the playoffs)
    Golden State Warriors - LOSS (I just don't see any game against the Warriors and feel comfortable winning)

Some will say none. Some will say all. I say it will be hard to win more then a handful. Still think we get that 12 spot.
    ALL!!!!!!!

But actually my homerism is actually like what I posted on your quote. 15-7

7. TOP #82
    Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man has several friends Mediocre Man's Avatar Mr. SportsTwo

@ San Antonio Spurs L
    @ New Orleans Hornets W
    Memphis Grizzlies W
    New York Knicks W
    Detroit Pistons W
    @ Philadelphia 76ers W
    @ Milwaukee Bucks W
    @ Chicago Bulls L
    @ Atlanta Hawks L
    @ Oklahoma City Thunder L
    Brooklyn Nets W
    Utah Jazz W
    @ Golden State Warriors L
    @ Utah Jazz L
    Memphis Grizzlies L
    Houston Rockets W
    Dallas Mavericks W
    Los Angeles Lakers W
    Oklahoma City Thunder L
    @ Denver Nuggets L
    Opponent
    @ Los Angeles Clippers L
    Golden State Warriors W

12 more wins, putting us just outside the playoffs. I suck at predicting everything though

8. TOP #83
    KeepOnRollin is becoming well known KeepOnRollin is becoming well known KeepOnRollin is becoming well known KeepOnRollin's Avatar On the First Team

@ San Antonio Spurs - L
    @ New Orleans Hornets - W
    Memphis Grizzlies - L
    New York Knicks - L
    Detroit Pistons - W
    @ Philadelphia 76ers - W
    @ Milwaukee Bucks - L
    @ Chicago Bulls - L
    @ Atlanta Hawks - L
    @ Oklahoma City Thunder - L
    Brooklyn Nets - L
    Utah Jazz - W
    @ Golden State Warriors - L
    @ Utah Jazz - L
    Memphis Grizzlies - L
    Houston Rockets - W
    Dallas Mavericks - W
    Los Angeles Lakers - L
    Oklahoma City Thunder - L
    @ Denver Nuggets - L
    @ Los Angeles Clippers - L
    Golden State Warriors - W

Above is my stab at the guestimation. 7 more wins.

9. TOP #84

Above is my stab at the guestimation.
    Ouch!!!! 5-17?

10. TOP #85
    HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP's Avatar NorthEastPortland'sFinest

6 wins
    Twitter/Instagram -@bigjohnNEP ..................FAMS!

11. TOP #86
    Nikolokolus has disabled reputation Nikolokolus's Avatar No worries, Bert has this

6 wins
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "90% of everything is crap" -- Theodore Sturgeon

12. TOP #87

Quote Originally Posted by magnifier661 View Post
    Ouch!!!! 5-17?
    I think I updated it since you posted but ya low. 7 wins.

13. TOP #88
    Wizard Mentor is becoming well known Wizard Mentor is becoming well known Wizard Mentor is becoming well known Wizard Mentor is becoming well known Wizard Mentor's Avatar Super Dad

Anyone know about our tiebreaker with Dallas? What if we end the season with the same record?
    5th String Centers are not worth thinking about let alone talking about.

Rest in Peace:
    Maurice Lucas (February 18, 1952 – October 31, 2010)
    Kevin Jerome Duckworth (April 1, 1964 – August 25, 2008)

14. TOP #89
    blue9 is becoming well known blue9 is becoming well known blue9 is becoming well known blue9's Avatar On the First Team

@ San Antonio Spurs
    @ New Orleans Hornets
    Memphis Grizzlies
    New York Knicks
    Detroit Pistons
    @ Philadelphia 76ers
    @ Milwaukee Bucks
    @ Chicago Bulls
    @ Atlanta Hawks
    @ Oklahoma City Thunder
    Brooklyn Nets
    Utah Jazz
    @ Golden State Warriors
    @ Utah Jazz
    Memphis Grizzlies
    Houston Rockets
    Dallas Mavericks
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Oklahoma City Thunder
    @ Denver Nuggets
    Opponent
    @ Los Angeles Clippers
    Golden State Warriors

I never attempt to make predictions on which games will be won and lost, but what the heck - bolded ones are wins.
    In actuality I think we'll lose at least one of those and win at least one game I didn't put in bold. The pessimist in me thinks we'll beat DAL. And the optimist in me thinks we'll beat LAL - but the realist thinks there's no way the league will allow that if it's still up in the air as to whether LAL makes the POs...I just couldn't NOT put it in bold though.
    Oh, and the last game - I have us winning if GS is locked into a position and won't be affected by a win or loss.

15. TOP #90
    Reep has written some things that people like Reep has written some things that people like Reep has written some things that people like Reep's Avatar Part of the Rotation

Aren't we sitting in the perfect situation right now? If we miss the playoffs we will be in the lottery. If we get lucky, we get into the top three and keep our valuable pick. If we do not get into the top three, then we have a relatively worthless pick with a high salary attached to it that hurts our cap space--whereby we would love for it to go away. Shouldn't we be happy to end up between the playoffs and the 12th worst record?

16. TOP #91
    Reep has written some things that people like Reep has written some things that people like Reep has written some things that people like Reep's Avatar Part of the Rotation

Quote Originally Posted by PtldPlatypus View Post
    Unnecessary correction. He said between the playoffs and the 12th pick, which means exclusive of either. Reep's post was perfectly precise.
    Thanks!

17. TOP #92
    Wizard Mentor is becoming well known Wizard Mentor is becoming well known Wizard Mentor is becoming well known Wizard Mentor is becoming well known Wizard Mentor's Avatar Super Dad

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard Mentor View Post
    Anyone know about our tiebreaker with Dallas? What if we end the season with the same record?
    Just to answer my own question we're 1-2 vs. Dallas so far. We play them April 7, the 77th game of the season.
    5th String Centers are not worth thinking about let alone talking about.

Rest in Peace:
    Maurice Lucas (February 18, 1952 – October 31, 2010)
    Kevin Jerome Duckworth (April 1, 1964 – August 25, 2008)

18. TOP #93
    BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA's Avatar Editor in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Reep View Post
    Aren't we sitting in the perfect situation right now? If we miss the playoffs we will be in the lottery. If we get lucky, we get into the top three and keep our valuable pick. If we do not get into the top three, then we have a relatively worthless pick with a high salary attached to it that hurts our cap space--whereby we would love for it to go away. Shouldn't we be happy to end up between the playoffs and the 12th worst record?
    the 12th pick is "relatively worthless"? And 1.4M is a "high salary?"

Here's a list of 12-18 picks the last 5 years:

12: Jeremy Lamb, Kendall Marshall, John Henson, Harkless, White, Tyler Zeller
    11: Burks, the Morris Twins, Kawhi Leonard, Vucevic, Iman Shumpert
    10: Xavier Henry (d'oh!), Ed Davis, Patrick Patterson, Larry Sanders, (Babbitt), Seraphin, Bledsoe
    09: Gerald Henderson, Psycho T, Earl Clark, Daye, Johnson, Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson
    08: Jason Thompson, Brandon Rush, Anthony Randolph, Robin Lopez, Marresse Speights, Roy Hibbert, Javale McGee

There's some pretty useful talent there on roughly 4yr/8M total contracts that remove 1.4M of cap space.
    Check out some of my longer posts at http://sportstwo.com/blog/ if you'd like.

19. TOP #94
    Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff has statements worth reading Eastoff's Avatar habiller pour la victoire

We're back at 12, with a game away from 13.

20. TOP #95

Quote Originally Posted by westnob View Post
    We're back at 12, with a game away from 13.
    Had a convo with sly and trip tango last night. Said "could you imagine if Portland actually won the lotto again?"

The Roy rookie year in a nutshell. Although Roy was bringing the team out of ashes; while this Roy still had a decent team.

But look at the similarities. 6th pick, a wannabe batman, Lillard plays a very similar game like Roy, instantly knew he was batman material halfway through their rookie season, 4 years of college. It's scary if you really think of it.

21. TOP #96

Had a convo with sly and trip tango last night. Said "could you imagine if Portland actually won the lotto again?"

The Roy rookie year in a nutshell. Although Roy was bringing the team out of ashes; while this Roy still had a decent team.

But look at the similarities. 6th pick, a wannabe batman, Lillard plays a very similar game like Roy, instantly knew he was batman material halfway through their rookie season, 4 years of college. It's scary if you really think of it.
    I get the similarities except whoever goes at #1 this year could just as easily go instead at #5. Draft is weak at the top. I think you are better off with 5th-7th pick (not possible for us) then having a top 3 pick.

22. TOP #97

I get the similarities except whoever goes at #1 this year could just as easily go instead at #5. Draft is weak at the top. I think you are better off with 5th-7th pick (not possible for us) then having a top 3 pick.
    Yeah but it's top 3 or 12th. Unless you are saying "trading down".

23. TOP #98

Yeah but it's top 3 or 12th. Unless you are saying "trading down".
    That is an option but no I wasn't talking about that. I said as much (not possible for us to get 5th to 7th) but I think it is more advantageous for teams then a top 3 pick.

24. TOP #99

That is an option but no I wasn't talking about that. I said as much (not possible for us to get 5th to 7th) but I think it is more advantageous for teams then a top 3 pick.
    I was just referring to the similarities. If we won top pick; could you imagine if we picked that center that has knee problems? Hahaha

25. TOP #100
    PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus is influencing people PtldPlatypus's Avatar Fan Reason Advocate

I was just referring to the similarities. If we won top pick; could you imagine if we picked that center that has knee problems? Hahaha
    There would be a march on Blazers HQ with torches and pitchforks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information