Caron Butler/Josh Howard/Josh Smith/Andre Iguodala

Discussion in 'Out of Bounds' started by SunnyD, Jan 17, 2007.

1. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

All four of these players play a similar game: potential to be big scorers, number two options on their teams (With exception of Iggy since AI is gone), play solid defense, and grab many rebounds. Rank the four.1) Josh Howard 2) Caron Butler3) Andre Iguodala 4) Josh Smith

2. BigMo763

BigMo763 Active Member

This is tough, but Caron Butler and Josh Howard are clearly better/more important to their teams success at this point than both Iguodala and Smith. Iggy and Smith are both very alike, and neither has really reached their full potential in my opinion. Iguodala just recently was tossed to the wolves, so to speak, since the Iverson deal, and now he's been given his chance to improve and show what he can do, which will hopefully speed up his development. Smith is very athletic, but he improved his jumper quite a bit at the end of last season.Here is my ranking:1a. Josh Howard1b. Caron Butler2a. Andre Iguodala2b. Josh Smith

3. Delonte4Prez

Delonte4Prez BBW Member

josh howardandre iguodalajosh smithcaron butler

4. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Delonte4Prez @ Jan 17 2007, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>josh howard
    andre iguodala
    josh smith
    caron butler</div>
    HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA, you're joking right, Andre Iguadola and Josh Smith over Caron Butler. HAHAHAHAHAHA, you obviousely have not payed any attention to this extremely consistent potential all-star who comes out and performs every night. He's very versatile and is very valuable to the Wizards. His amazing performances as of late have been great, not to mention him, not gilbert, caron hitting the game winning shot tonight.

5. Delonte4Prez

Delonte4Prez BBW Member

I know all about caron, hes one of my favorite players and yes he is having a great year. If I was going to rate them for right this minute he would be 3rd on my list. But I dont think hes better than AI or howard.

6. jhowardfan

jhowardfan BBW Elite Member

1. Josh Howard2. Caron Butler3. Andre Igoudala4. Josh SmithHoward and Butler are really close, but JH's level of play as of late and his blooming into a full fledged star make him get the top vote. Josh Smith shouldnt even be in the conversation with the other 3 IMO. He'll get better, but he just needs to improve his game in order to be on the same level as these other 3.

7. Delonte4Prez

Delonte4Prez BBW Member

actually your probably right josh smith is not as good as caron now that I think about it more. But still I think AI and howard are better than him

8. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

Josh Howard is the best on the list..no questionWhen Dirk goes down Howard picks the team up and leads them to victoryhe has so much potential and is no doubt in my mind one of the best up and coming potential allstars in the NBA

9. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

You guys are kidding, right? Josh Howard is a nice player, but you HAVE to watch at least two Wizards games to see what Caron is bringing us every night. I have no idea why Josh Smith is even in this thread.. Andre Iguodala is rising up to become a real star but give him some time, geez. If you're gonna make this comparison, it pretty much has to be just Caron Butler and Josh Howard.

10. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BigMo763 @ Jan 17 2007, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This is tough, but Caron Butler and Josh Howard are clearly better/more important to their teams success at this point than both Iguodala and Smith. Iggy and Smith are both very alike, and neither has really reached their full potential in my opinion. Iguodala just recently was tossed to the wolves, so to speak, since the Iverson deal, and now he's been given his chance to improve and show what he can do, which will hopefully speed up his development. Smith is very athletic, but he improved his jumper quite a bit at the end of last season.Here is my ranking:1a. Josh Howard1b. Caron Butler2a. Andre Iguodala2b. Josh Smith</div>Iggy 2a, and Josh Smith 2b? More like Josh Smith 7 LMAO OMG to funny.1. Josh Howard2. Iggy now that AI has left Philly AI2 gotta be the guy he is forced to be unlike before when he could have taking it easy on offense and just play D.3. Butler4. Josh Smith :HAHAHA:

11. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zards @ Jan 18 2007, 03:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You guys are kidding, right? Josh Howard is a nice player, but you HAVE to watch at least two Wizards games to see what Caron is bringing us every night. I have no idea why Josh Smith is even in this thread.. Andre Iguodala is rising up to become a real star but give him some time, geez. If you're gonna make this comparison, it pretty much has to be just Caron Butler and Josh Howard.</div>Well you have to Josh Howard more. He should be an ALL-STAR. Caron Butler is probably second on the list. Iguodala is nice but nothing special.

12. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zards @ Jan 17 2007, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You guys are kidding, right? Josh Howard is a nice player, but you HAVE to watch at least two Wizards games to see what Caron is bringing us every night. I have no idea why Josh Smith is even in this thread.. Andre Iguodala is rising up to become a real star but give him some time, geez. If you're gonna make this comparison, it pretty much has to be just Caron Butler and Josh Howard.</div>You HAVE to watch at least 2 Dallas games to see what Howard is bringing to the table. He is the 2nd option on the best team in the NBA, and if he was a first option on some other teams in the league, his stats would be a whole lot better. Caron is a good player, but his stats are only so good because the offense that he plays in, and because his team lacks good big men. That is why his rebounding numbers are so high. Now he is a good rebounder, but if he played on the Mavericks team, he would only be getting around 6 a game. I have watched at least 2 Wizards games this year and I have watched at least 2 Mavericks games, and I was more impressed with Howard. Howard doesn't force as many shots, he doesn't settle for the outside jumper as much, and Howard is the better defender IMO. This is the order in which I would rank these players....1. Josh Howard2. Caron Butler3. Andre Iguodala4. Josh SmithIf you put Josh Smith in a different jersey around more experienced players and a better coach, I think that you would see this guy really improve. As long as he is playing for the Hawks, and not getting as many offensive touches as he needs, he isnt going to be the player that he could be.

13. Marvinmartian

Marvinmartian BBW Elite Member

^Put Josh Smith in a Mavs or Spurs Jersey, and he'd be second on this list, lol.I go Josh, Caron, Iggy, Josh Smith.

14. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

Let's make this interesting. Add Ricky Davis, Gerald Wallace, and Tayshaun Prince to the mix.

15. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ Jan 18 2007, 08:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Let's make this interesting. Add Ricky Davis, Gerald Wallace, and Tayshaun Prince to the mix.</div>I would take Prince, GW, Ricky Davis.I like Prince a lot plays great D, and can score. GW, and Davis I don't get to see as much play.

16. teeps11

teeps11 BBW Member

1. Josh Howard2. Caron Butler3. Andre Iguodala4. Josh SmithHoward and Butler are really close IMO. I had to give it to Howard because he is #2 scoring option on one of the best teams in the NBA. Iggy is good but nothing special. I think Smith could do better on a good team rather than with the Hawks.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Let's make this interesting. Add Ricky Davis, Gerald Wallace, and Tayshaun Prince to the mix.</div>I would say Prince is #1 because he plays great D and can score well. He could score more too if he wasn't the third option behind Hamilton and Billups. I don't know much about Davis and Wallace because I rarely see them play.

17. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

What makes Prince so good are the same things that make Howard good. Howard though has more athleticism and can take people off the dribble better along with having great touch around the rim.

18. Serge

Serge BBW Elite Member

Josh Howard is also underrated I think again great game tonight even though I not see even half the game I had TNT on and saw little bit. But Howard I think is underrated.

19. moses2121

moses2121 BBW Member

Man these are some very tough players to rank as they are all beginning to hit their primes but as of right now....1)Caron Butler2)Josh Howard3)Andre Igoudala4)Josh SmithCaron Butler is having a stellar season and is averaging 21 ppg as well as 8 rpg.Josh Howard is also having a breakout year and is averaging 19 and 8Andre Igoudala I would say probably has the most potential left in this group and is having a very good season averaging 17 5 boards and 5 assistsLast Josh Smith is having a good season as well, everyone has always just thought of him as a slasher and dunker but he has developed his shooting game too.