Stacy Lewis wins HSBC Champions

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by truebluefan, Mar 3, 2013.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

American Stacy Lewis won the HSBC Women's Champions on Sunday for her sixth career LPGA title, overcoming two bogeys and some shaky putting on the back nine to hold off South Korea's Na Yeon Choi.

Lewis, the 2012 LPGA Player of the Year, shot a 1-under 71 in the final round at Sentosa Golf Club to finish at 15-under 273, one stroke ahead of Choi.

"The last four or five holes, I was pretty nervous, I'm not going to lie," Lewis said. "I just played hard and put my head down and tried to make as many putts as I could and fortunately I came away with the win."

Choi, who had a 72, was runner-up at the tournament for the second consecutive year. She lost to Angela Stanford in a four-player playoff last year.

Paula Creamer, hampered by a shoulder injury from a car accident last week in Thailand, briefly held a share of the lead early in the day but struggled with her putting on the back nine and faded to a 71 to finish third at 13-under.

Top-ranked Yani Tseng shot a 74 to finish a disappointing week in a share of 28th place.

Read more http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/9009662/stacy-lewis-wins-hsbc-women-champions-sixth-lpga-title