Thread: Uh oh, Aldridge is an awesome post defender

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. TOP #51
    magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661's Avatar B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Default Re: Uh oh, Aldridge is an awesome post defender

Quote Originally Posted by blue9 View Post
    So nobody should ever have a thought that's incorrect? We should only form ideas that are completely, 100% accurate at the time they're conceptualized? Gadzooks! Now I understand why you're so unwilling to think!
    It's lunch time and arguing with you is like arguing with a door knob.
    Now you are understanding the concept of opinions! Now you are getting somewhere. Next time you pout that someone has to use their brain, keep in mind you must heed your own advice. This is a forum and we are all entitled to our opinions. So stop throwing rocks in a glass house.

And no they aren't accurate. In fact, Aldridge has shown he is an excellent man on man defender and helps alter shots when he is close to the basket
    Last edited by magnifier661; 03-05-2013 at 01:15 PM.

2. TOP #52
    blue9 is becoming well known blue9 is becoming well known blue9 is becoming well known blue9's Avatar On the First Team

Quote Originally Posted by magnifier661 View Post
    Now you are understanding the concept of opinions!
    There are opinions, there are facts, and there are stats. You seem to always confuse stats with facts. Just put some thought into what goes into a stat before you go believing them. I gave you examples of how this stat doesn't adequately measure post-defense and you do what you do by throwing out an army of straw men rather than addressing the FACT that the STAT doesn't do a good job of what it sets out to do. You look at the #s, see LMA at #5 and conclude - without any thought - that LMA is the 5th best post-defender in the league.
    You may not always agree with me, and I may not always be right, but there is always some level of thought/reason behind my arguments - I can't say the same for yours.

3. TOP #53
    magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661 is influencing people magnifier661's Avatar B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

Quote Originally Posted by blue9 View Post
    There are opinions, there are facts, and there are stats. You seem to always confuse stats with facts. Just put some thought into what goes into a stat before you go believing them. I gave you examples of how this stat doesn't adequately measure post-defense and you do what you do by throwing out an army of straw men rather than addressing the FACT that the STAT doesn't do a good job of what it sets out to do. You look at the #s, see LMA at #5 and conclude - without any thought - that LMA is the 5th best post-defender in the league.
    You may not always agree with me, and I may not always be right, but there is always some level of thought/reason behind my arguments - I can't say the same for yours.
    And if you'd actually pay attention; I was being very sarcastic about Aldridge being the #5 defense in the league. But go on back peddling on the countless bias blunders you have trying to devalue Aldridge. I think it's kinda cute!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information