Thread: God damn the people I live around are fat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. TOP #1
    mook has statements worth reading mook has statements worth reading mook has statements worth reading mook has statements worth reading mook has statements worth reading mook has statements worth reading mook has statements worth reading mook has statements worth reading mook's Avatar Olshey Stashing Assets

Default God damn the people I live around are fat

I'm no featherweight. Clocked in this morning at 217. I once weighed 284. So maybe I'm like that annoying guy who quit smoking 6 weeks ago and is sanctimonious as hell.

But I took my son to a local amusement park-type bowling/lasertag place on Sunday. I felt like that kid in 6th Sense. "Everywhere I look I see fat people." The only skinny people seemed to be 16 year old boys (who can chew through 4000 calories a day like lawnmowers).

Dang, dude. This nation has really let itself go.

2. TOP #2
    HAAK72 is becoming well known HAAK72 is becoming well known HAAK72 is becoming well known HAAK72 is becoming well known HAAK72's Avatar Artwork by Blazer Fanatic

Default Re: God damn the people I live around are fat

Quote Originally Posted by mook View Post
    ...stop selling them cook books!
    “We don’t want to be fun to play against ... we want them to be mad that we’re being physical, we want them to be mad that we made a shot we weren't supposed to make.” ~Damian Lillard

Portland Website Design + Internet Marketing <-- SEO Web Design, LLC

3. TOP #3
    BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan's Avatar Nonquam Non Paratus

I like food more than I care about what you think of me.
    "It would be legendary if Aldridge pulled a Willis Reed to help us win a critical preseason game." --Kingspeed

4. TOP #4
    mook has statements worth reading mook has statements worth reading mook has statements worth reading mook has statements worth reading mook has statements worth reading mook has statements worth reading mook has statements worth reading mook has statements worth reading mook's Avatar Olshey Stashing Assets

Quote Originally Posted by HAAK72 View Post
    ...stop selling them cook books!
    How am I suppose to afford all this delicious cake and pie?

5. TOP #5
    Further has several friends Further has several friends Further has several friends Further has several friends Further has several friends Further has several friends Further has several friends Further has several friends Further's Avatar Good Enough for my Own Shoe

I'm fat but working hard to change that. I was already big and then when I quit smoking I put on an additional 30LBS for a grand total of about +80 from where I should be. Rode my bike to work plus quite a bit extra today, and am trying to cut out refined flour and other bad shit like sugar, although sugar isn't my big problem. Just finished a big salad for lunch. But, when you look at me you just think fat, not hey, that fat guy is working on getting less fat. It takes a lot longer to lose weight than gain it.
    Blazers Fan Forever
    -----MGB-----

6. TOP #6

Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3 has several friends Natebishop3's Avatar Don't tread on me!

For me, I was a rail for most of my life, and I didn't have to do anything to maintain it. Then I hit 28 and my body said, "now it's on you buddy". I'm not fat, but I'm definitely out of shape. I need to start exercising again.

7. TOP #7
    Further has several friends Further has several friends Further has several friends Further has several friends Further has several friends Further has several friends Further has several friends Further has several friends Further's Avatar Good Enough for my Own Shoe

Ya, I was always a bit fat, mocked as far back as grade school. In high school I was already dieting, playing basketball, lifting weights, and could never get better than 25LBS overweight. If you look at me, you would guess I am very out of shape, but my blood pressure is good, I bike or go to 24h fitness 5 times a week, plus a few hikes and the like. I fuck like a monster. Some people are fat cause they eat at Burgerking, others are fat cause it's just who they are. My goal is just to be a little fat. If I can get down to 210 (im 5'10") I'll be thrilled.

I'm not saying that I have no culpability, especially since quitting smoking I have eaten more. But all you naturally skinny people have got it easy. But we all get what we get.
    Blazers Fan Forever
    -----MGB-----

8. TOP #8
    Hobbesarable has written some things that people like Hobbesarable has written some things that people like Hobbesarable's Avatar Cartoon Character

Quote Originally Posted by Natebishop3 View Post
    For me, I was a rail for most of my life, and I didn't have to do anything to maintain it. Then I hit 28 and my body said, "now it's on you buddy". I'm not fat, but I'm definitely out of shape. I need to start exercising again.
    That pretty much happened to me as well and I developed some health problems.

I had cut off a lot of the sugars, carbohydrates, and the occasionally snacking throughout the day.

Now, I have a banana and V8 every morning. Sometimes I will switch it up with oatmeal. For lunch I'll have half a sandwich, some soup and fruit. Dinner is where I'll occasionally give myself a tiny treat and splurge.

For drinks I'll have tea, water, and some watered down fruit juice.

Exercise is also a good idea even if it's walking. Also the every other day jog/run and weight lifting.

9. TOP #9
    Masbee is becoming well known Masbee is becoming well known Masbee is becoming well known Masbee is becoming well known Masbee's Avatar -- Rookie of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by mook View Post
    I'm no featherweight. Clocked in this morning at 217. I once weighed 284. So maybe I'm like that annoying guy who quit smoking 6 weeks ago and is sanctimonious as hell.

But I took my son to a local amusement park-type bowling/lasertag place on Sunday. I felt like that kid in 6th Sense. "Everywhere I look I see fat people." The only skinny people seemed to be 16 year old boys (who can chew through 4000 calories a day like lawnmowers).

Here is a tip:

Reinforce your drive to be healthy and normal weight by positive cues of other people that are healthy weight.

Avoid hanging around too many obese people for long periods of time. Notice where extra numbers of obese people hang. Stay away from those places.

If you are someplace (state fair, tractor pull, wall-mart, all you can eat buffet, fast-food joint, "amusement" place) take a good look. Then, run out of there screaming if the obese zombie apocalypse is at hand.

Look for where the normal and thin people are. Where do they shop? Where do they eat out? What do they do for recreation? Go there and do that.

Idaho is a beautiful place with lots of opportunity for hunting, fishing, hiking, biking, mountain biking, skiing, snoeshoeing, etc. Do that stuff. There will be lots of non-obese folks doing it along-side you and your child.

If you want to get into that line of thinking even more, choose your friends so they won't make you fat. There is evidence that:

clusters of friends appeared to “infect” each other with obesity, unhappiness and smoking. Staying healthy isn’t just a matter of your genes and your diet, it seems. Good health is also a product, in part, of your sheer proximity to other healthy people.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/13/ma...anted=all&_r=0
    I have signatures turned off, so I can't see this.

10. TOP #10
    drexlersdad has written some things that people like drexlersdad has written some things that people like drexlersdad has written some things that people like drexlersdad's Avatar lovely lovely ludwig van

i find this post comical

find where thin people shop and shop there too? run screaming if you see a fat person? choose your friends based on their bmi?

wtf

you have issues man

11. TOP #11
    Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane's Avatar It's not even loaded!

My engineer's diet worked great for me. I lost 30 pounds in 3 months, and cut my cholesterol level from over 300 to 150.

The trick to losing and maintaining weight is to keep a journal of absolutely every bit of food or drink you put in your mouth. Get to know the nutrition values from the label on the food or look up the values online. Measure and weigh the food you eat, so you have an accurate log.

For my diet, I counted calories, fat, saturated fat, and fiber. I ate no more than 1500 calories a day. No more than 25% of my calories came from fat. No more than 6% of calories from saturated fat. At least 28 grams of fiber.

The program is that simple. If you are over 6' tall, you might go to 1700 calories or even 2000 if you're really active.

The formula to calculate calories from fat is fat (grams) * 9 (calories/gram). I provide this info so you have everything needed to follow the diet.

If you want to count sugars, carbs (are sugars), sodium, etc., then do so.

I created a form in Excel that had a wide column for description of food, and columns for each of the things I was counting. I printed out 7 at a time (per week) and religiously logged what I ate and drank.

I also tried to walk 1-2 miles a day, minimum. Any kind of exercise will help, even walking.

1500 calories may sound like you'd starve, but you won't. The trick is to figure out various recipes and combinations of meats and vegetables that fit into your budget.

For example, I ate a rather decent breakfast daily. 1/2 cup egg beaters, 1/4 cup non-fat cheese, 1/2 slice Farmer John's ham, 3/4 cup has browns, and either a (small) bagel or 2 slices of 45 calorie bread/toast or 1 fat free Eggo waffle. 400 calories.

For lunch, an apple and a sandwich on 45 calorie bread and a serving (14 chips, whatever) of baked potato chips or pringles is about 350 calories.

For dinner, 1 cup of cooked rice is 240 calories. Rice is nutrition that feeds about 2/3 of the world. A 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast is only 236 calories. A 6 oz lean (top loin) pork chop is about 250 calories.

Almost all vegetables are 0 calories or very low and easy to budget. You can have a really full dinner plate if you eat lots of veggies.

And almost every day, I had a nice dessert - like a cup of fat free frozen yogurt (chocolate or strawberry) for 165 calories.

I invented quite a few recipes that fit my diet strategy. A spaghetti sauce with ground turkey and turkey italian sausage. Pizza on low calorie pita bread with turkey pepperoni.

Other tips are to get rid of all the really "bad" foods in your kitchen. By "bad," I mean those that are high in fat and calories that will only put the pounds on.

And mook, I recommend you get a gun and hunt for your own food.
    You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter lets him in. Sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument. Says 'Who's that?' St. Peter says, 'Oh, that's God. Thinks he's Denny Crane.

When you say my name, say it like you really mean it!
    Check out my blog here
    R.I.P. MGB - you will be missed

12. TOP #12

lol. Yeah, I hunt. A lot. I logged probably 120 or so miles last fall just chukar hunting, which is just about as brutal a game bird as there comes in terms of hiking. After early-January it got really snowed in and I gave up, quit eating healthy, and I went from 198lbs to 221! lol Crazy how fast that shit added up. (I'm 6'.)

I'm not really worried about my own weight, though. I've got my techniques well dialed in for losing weight. Low carb, intermittent fasting, HIIT...I have a nice list of options that work for me. You don't drop from 284 without picking up some things. I've had my fun. Time to get back on track.

Food logging is definitely a great way to lose weight. It's such a pain in the ass it's often easier just to skip that snack. I recommend MyFitnessPal.com, though. So much easier than a spreadsheet.

I'm doing DietBet.com right now. Basically, you pony up some money (typically $20 or $30) to wager you'll lose 4% of your body weight over 4 weeks. (For me that's 8.8 pounds. No sweat. I've lost 12lbs in a month when I've really set my mind to it.) If you win you split the pot with the other winners.

I'm a big, big believer in Masbee's point about hangin' with fat people. We're all products of our environment, whether we admit it or not.

I was just kind of shocked at this particular outing because I usually hang with hunters, guys from karate, my old buddies...dudes who are mostly thinner than me. I shop at Walmart, so I guess I shouldn't have been too surprised. I guess I just hadn't spent that much time looking at my fellow humans.
    Last edited by mook; 03-04-2013 at 08:22 PM.

13. TOP #13
    Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane has several friends Denny Crane's Avatar It's not even loaded!

I kind of figured you for foraging for squirrels at the tops of trees. Or whatever vegetation is within your reach up there.
    You hear the one about the fella who died, went to the pearly gates? St. Peter lets him in. Sees a guy in a suit making a closing argument. Says 'Who's that?' St. Peter says, 'Oh, that's God. Thinks he's Denny Crane.

Check out my blog here

14. TOP #14
    MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game

Quote Originally Posted by drexlersdad View Post
    i find this post comical

find where thin people shop and shop there too? run screaming if you see a fat person? choose your friends based on their bmi?

wtf

you have issues man
    Dude's always been over the top. Nuttier than squirrel turd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze01 View Post
    Lillard is fools gold....and some of you guys are buying right into it...

15. TOP #15
    MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger is making friends MickZagger's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game

Its simple. Don't eat like complete shit, but most importantly stay active. Exercise.

16. TOP #16
    Masbee is becoming well known Masbee is becoming well known Masbee is becoming well known Masbee is becoming well known Masbee's Avatar -- Rookie of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by MickZagger View Post
    Dude's always been over the top. Nuttier than squirrel turd.
    Stay classy.

17. TOP #17

Quote Originally Posted by Masbee View Post
    Stay classy.
    Back at ya. Stay away from the fatso's, too.

18. TOP #18
    drexlersdad has written some things that people like drexlersdad has written some things that people like drexlersdad has written some things that people like drexlersdad's Avatar lovely lovely ludwig van

if your mom is fat, make her leave the house when you come over to do laundry

19. TOP #19
    HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP's Avatar NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Its simple. Don't eat like complete shit, but most importantly stay active. Exercise.
    I don't eat that bad, my weakness is soda!!!!!
    Last edited by HCP; 03-05-2013 at 10:43 AM.
    Twitter/Instagram -@bigjohnNEP ..................FAMS!

20. TOP #20
    MARIS61 is making friends MARIS61 is making friends MARIS61 is making friends MARIS61 is making friends MARIS61 is making friends MARIS61 is making friends MARIS61 is making friends MARIS61's Avatar Real American

Quote Originally Posted by drexlersdad View Post
    if your mom is fat, make her leave the house when you come upstairs to do laundry
    fify.
    I'm ALWAYS right and I NEVER lie. - George C. Tirebiter
    Life is tough, it's tougher when you're stupid. - John Wayne
    You are responsible for your children until they are a credit to society. - Jovan Banjanin
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Yugoslavian proverb
    Melody is King. - Howard Roberts

Home Page:
    http://www.rogermarismuseum.com/

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here are the views of MARIS61, a fictional message board character created for my amusement, and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of any real person alive or deceased.

21. TOP #21
    jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk has statements worth reading jlprk's Avatar The ESPN mod is insane.

God the people on this board are fat. I want to marry either a cook or a nurse. Preferably I'll marry both.
    This week's favorites:
    I can't believe I just waded through this. Gonna need new boots.

As long as there is a Harden and a ref with a whistle, no lead is safe.

Not sure what was worse - Batum on offense or Batum on defense.

Meyers kinda plays the way Keanu Reeves acts, like they are always trying to remember what they are supposed to do next.

Nothing but missed jump shots since he came back. Chucking it because he thinks he should. Someone grab a can of Rustoleum and spray down Aldridge.

22. TOP #22

So fucking clueless.

The ramblings of self-important douche.

If it was so "simple" it wouldn't be the worldwide crisis it is.

23. TOP #23
    KeepOnRollin has written some things that people like KeepOnRollin has written some things that people like KeepOnRollin's Avatar On the First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Masbee View Post
    So fucking clueless.

The ramblings of self-important douche.

If it was so "simple" it wouldn't be the worldwide crisis it is.
    Well to be fair most don't stay active. I really stayed active until I hit about 26 and then got a desk job. Still active in the summer (playing basketball, football, etc) but much less active in the winter (unless I make it to the gym). If I went to the gym 5 days a week instead of 2 I am sure I would take off the pounds much easier.

I know there are cases were people need much more than physical activity and eating right to lose . A lot of people could benefit by the broad spectrum that MZ is spouting off on though.

24. TOP #24

It seems to me the food we get is bigger servings, more calories, maybe added chemicals that make food harder to process right. In the 1970s, it seems like people were pretty thin.

Something's changed that's affecting an awful lot of people. It's rather evident.

Check out my blog here

25. TOP #25
    BLAZINGGIANTS has statements worth reading BLAZINGGIANTS has statements worth reading BLAZINGGIANTS has statements worth reading BLAZINGGIANTS has statements worth reading BLAZINGGIANTS has statements worth reading BLAZINGGIANTS has statements worth reading BLAZINGGIANTS has statements worth reading BLAZINGGIANTS has statements worth reading BLAZINGGIANTS's Avatar MVP Winner

Quote Originally Posted by HCP View Post
    I don't eat that bad, my weakness is soda!!!!!
    I quit drinking soda between my sophomore and junior years of HS. I was pretty thin as it was, but I dropped 12 pounds or so very quickly. Soda is one of the worst things you can do. I've had friends quit soda and drop 20-30 pounds over a couple of months. If you can drop weight that quickly just by cutting soda from your diet, it tells me soda is a very bad thing.
    Simply Kahmical.

Lillard in 2012 and beyond.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information