Best Driver in the Nba

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by moses2121, Jan 26, 2007.

1. moses2121

moses2121 BBW Member

Ok so this new topic is about who the best person is at getting to the basket in today's game...For me Dwayne Wade is easily the best at getting and slashing at the basket. He can play both point and shooting guard but if he decides he wants to go to the basket he can put moves on just about anyone and is one of the best finishers if not the best in the league.Also though two other players that I think are also very close in this discussion are Tony Parker and Kobe Bryant. Tony Parker might not be big in size but he is one of the quickest players in the league and can use that spin move to get right by you then use his great floater to finish at the basket. If you make one wrong move this guy is going to blow right by you. He is a great finisher. And for Kobe Bryant he might not be as mobile with that knee surgery he had but he is still a high flyer and that is what makes him such a threat when he drives to the basket. Kobe has some pretty sick moves and once he gets down in the lane you better watch out or he will dunk right over you.So what is your guys opinion on this topic?

2. Clangus

Clangus BBW Elite Member

Wade would be less successful if the refs stopped bailing him out all the time!!

3. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

Last year Tony Parker was unbelievable during the regular season. This year it has to be Wade.

4. YarnIdge

YarnIdge BBW Elite Member

I think AI is a great driver, just goes in and lays it over people. TP definitely, Ginobili can drive 2 the rim pretty well

5. Amare320

Amare320 BBW Banned

Melo ?dude can get to the hoop in many many many ways.and wade of course.. he wouldn't be even be a decent player without that ability to drive and score.

6. mavsfan1000

I don't know if I agree with Iverson being one of the best drivers. He settles for a lot of jumpers. I guess teams play off him to force a jumper though. He doesn't have the power to post up so he needs to get on the break to get points.

7. yankshater213

yankshater213 BBW Elite Member

Paul Pierce anyone? He gets to the hoop at will and draws the foul almost every time when the refs heads aren't in their asses. He's not flashy when he does it like Wade or LeBron, but he gets the job done.

8. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

Not Mentioned: Corey Maggette, TJ Ford, Vince Carter

9. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

Devin Harris is up there, I'd say. If he couldn't drive, he would be an offensive liability.

10. teeps11

teeps11 BBW Member

I have to go with Wade. I don't think he would be half the player without his driving ability because his jump shot is not that good.

11. mavsfan1000

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (teeps11 @ Jan 27 2007, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I have to go with Wade. I don't think he would be half the player without his driving ability because his jump shot is not that good.</div>I don't know why people say this. Wade's jump shot is good! He wouldn't be averaging 28 points if it wasn't. Wade used to struggle with his jump shot but now he is good.

12. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mavsfan1000 @ Jan 27 2007, 04:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I don't know if I agree with Iverson being one of the best drivers. He settles for a lot of jumpers. I guess teams play off him to force a jumper though. He doesn't have the power to post up so he needs to get on the break to get points.</div>WTF are you talking about? I bet you rarely even watch AI. AI does not usually settle for jumpers. If he did he wouldn't go to the line so many times a game. He drives to the hoop more than anything. Last night he was even driving to the hoop a few times when he was open for a mid range shot.

13. mavsfan1000

Going to the hoop doesn't mean success for AI but I see him taking a lot of jumpers when I watch him. That part of his game is overrated. He doesn't usually finish if he does drive which is why his field goal percentage is low.

14. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mavsfan1000 @ Jan 27 2007, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Going to the hoop doesn't mean success for AI but I see him taking a lot of jumpers when I watch him. That part of his game is overrated. He doesn't usually finish if he does drive which is why his field goal percentage is low.</div>I have a question for you. When was the last time you watched AI and how often do you even watch him play in the first place. Also of course AI isn't gonna always shoot an incredible %. He's actually not even 6' tall and he's slashing into the paint. He still does earn a lot of free throw attempts from doing this and it is actually his most efficient way of scoring. His jumper has always been a bit inconsistent. Also another big reason his fg% was low was because of how often he had to shoot. He took an average of 25 shots per game in Philly. Since he's been in Denver that's gone down to 20 a game and he's now shooting 45% from the field and a suprising 40% from beyond the arc.

15. MaRdYC26

MaRdYC26 BBW Graphics Team

A.I. has the sickest and quickest cross over ever.

16. mavsfan1000

If iverson was that good of a slasher his field goal percentage would be above 50% like Wade and Parker who also aren't good jumpshooters. He is an inconsistent shooter but that's where a lot of his shots come from. He's improved his jumper though like you mentioned but he's an overrated slasher.

17. YarnIdge

YarnIdge BBW Elite Member

iverson might not be the best finisher but he does know how 2 get there. sum1 I 4got 2 mention is VC. even after what happened 2 his leg (was it him) he still drives gud, dunkin on whoever from wherever

18. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

Hm, no one thinks LeBron is the best driver in the NBA? Please tell me, who can stop him? The guy gets all his points by pretty much driving to the hoop. Wade is also very good at it, but I'm going with LeBron James on this one.

19. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cavsrules @ Jan 27 2007, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hm, no one thinks LeBron is the best driver in the NBA? Please tell me, who can stop him? The guy gets all his points by pretty much driving to the hoop. Wade is also very good at it, but I'm going with LeBron James on this one.</div>I was wondering this as well. IMO he is the 2nd best at getting to the rim in the league next to Dwyane Wade. He is so strong and athletic that it makes him almost unstoppable (he is the only one who stops himself as at times he settles too much for jumpers). He is too big for little guys to stop, and too athletic for bigger players to stop.But for me it is no question Dwyane Wade. Forget the attention he gets from refs, as he has always been amazing at getting to the rim without bail out calls. Extremely quick off the dribble, awesome spin moves and crossovers, has the same type of mismatches that Bron causes, etc... He also is strong enough to finish and get the foul and basket, which is what seperates him most from a player like AI or Tony Parker.

20. Iverson3

Iverson3 BBW Member

I would say, with no question, Tony Parker is the best driver in the NBA. The dude is so fast and everytime he walks the ball up the court, he has the power to just blaze past his opponents and drive in the lane and finish. Not a lot of players can do this. Its hard to stop him when he's in the paint so if he's in there, you can pretty much put two on the board.