Chad Johnson's plea deal rejected

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by truebluefan, Jun 10, 2013.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

Former NFL star Chad Johnson will serve 30 days in jail after violating probation in a domestic violence case involving his then-wife, TV reality star Evelyn Lozada.

A plea deal that called for no jail time fell apart Monday. Broward Judge Kathleen McHugh rejected it after Johnson playfully slapped his attorney on the behind in court. McHugh says Johnson wasn't taking things seriously enough, even after he apologized. McHugh also extended Johnson's probation for three months.

Johnson said in an interview with ESPN's "First Take" last Friday that the violation occurred because of a "miscommunication" with his probation officer. During the interview, Johnson said he understands he cannot afford any transgressions, big or small, and that he's willing to accept any consequences.

"I'm going to be OK," Johnson said. "I'm OK now, but I put myself in this situation and I have to deal with everything. With life, I'm at peace with everything. I would love to finish my career off the right way. If it happens, I'm not sure. But I would like to."

Read more http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9360765/chad-johnson-serve-30-days-jail