Two Spots Open in West Roster

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by SunnyD, Feb 1, 2007.

1. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

Yao Ming and Carlos Boozer are out of the All-Star game, who will fill in the spots?Candidates:Carmelo AnthonyJosh HowardElton BrandBaron DavisLamar OdomMarcus CambyZack RandolphMy guess is that the leading scorer in the NBA, Carmelo Anthony, and The double-double machine Elton Brand will get those two spots.

2. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

OMG, I actually think that you can take those guys, make a West Team #2 and they would beat the East. I can't believe all of those guys were left off. I agree with your choices, but I also think Howard deserves it. The West is too deep at forward, voting in the all-stars is tough.

3. SunnyD

The West is so much deeper with PF's than the East. We had to start Grant Hill (I know, I know, Fan Voting), when the West snubbed many great forwards including Carmelo.

4. moses2121

moses2121 BBW Member

Carmelo Anthony for sure will take Carlos Boozer's spot and I believe Brand should take the Yao Ming's spot since he is big enough to to play center. But isn't everyone forgetting Amare Stoudamire he plays the center position and is having a really good year...?

5. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

He's already in...

6. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

I think Pau Gasol has a nice chance of getting in. Of course not before Melo though.

7. moses2121

moses2121 BBW Member

Amare's in I haven't seen him on any lists for some reason...

8. SunnyD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Memphis Fan @ Feb 1 2007, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think Pau Gasol has a nice chance of getting in. Of course not before Melo though.</div>Typical Memphis Grizz homer...Give me a break? He's played like 15 games!<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Amare's in I haven't seen him on any lists for some reason...</div>He just got in as a reserve.

9. moses2121

moses2121 BBW Member

O ok thanks

10. teeps11

teeps11 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Memphis Fan @ Feb 1 2007, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think Pau Gasol has a nice chance of getting in. Of course not before Melo though.</div>Don't be a homer man. Seeing as they kind of go by team records and the Grizz record is godawful and seeing as Gasol missed a bunch of games he pretty much has no chance of getting in.

11. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

Melo and Brand deserve it.

12. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Well, Pau Gasol has been putting up great stats and weve been winning more games lately. He had a triple-double, almost had another one and just has been completely on fire. Im just saying I think he has a shot. I slim shot, but theres one.

13. SunnyD

No buddy, Pau has no shot at all. I'll wear a sig saying I'm worse that Pacerfan and I'll wear that ugly Paul Wall Sig if he makes it.

14. teeps11

teeps11 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Memphis Fan @ Feb 1 2007, 10:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well, Pau Gasol has been putting up great stats and weve been winning more games lately. He had a triple-double, almost had another one and just has been completely on fire. Im just saying I think he has a shot. I slim shot, but theres one.</div>All right I guess I will give you that he has a slim shot. But it is extremely slim, especially since he's in the West. If he was in the East he would have a little better chance, but still not much of a shot at all.

15. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

See...read my f*cking posts. I never said he WAS going to make it. IMO Melo and and Kevin Martin shouod go, but I dont see them picking two SG/SFs. All im saying is I think Gasol is having a better season than those big men up there(Camby will might replace Yao, if not it HAS to be him and Melo)

16. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Memphis Fan @ Feb 1 2007, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think Pau Gasol has a nice chance of getting in. Of course not before Melo though.</div>Pau Gasol has no chance in hell. He hasnt played very many games this season, and even when he came back, his team still maintained to play terrible. There are much more deservant players out there....I say that it should be Carmelo and Howard. The clippers are underperforming so much this year and part of the reason is that Brand isnt playing as well as he did last season. I dont think he really deserves it...

17. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

So Howard didnt make it? I thought he did but ive seen a few posts saying he didnt.

18. teeps11

teeps11 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Memphis Fan @ Feb 1 2007, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>See...read my f*cking posts. I never said he WAS going to make it. IMO Melo and and Kevin Martin shouod go, but I dont see them picking two SG/SFs. All im saying is I think Gasol is having a better season than those big men up there(Camby will might replace Yao, if not it HAS to be him and Melo)</div>I did read your f*cking post. You said Gasol has a nice chance of getting in which is complete bullsh*t. He has the slimmest of chances of getting in as I mentioned before. So slim, in fact, that I can't believe you even brought him up.

19. KobeBryant_24

KobeBryant_24 BBW Elite Member

Odom missed too much time. Carmelo missed too much time, for that punk move...I'd say Brand and Marcus Camby....Josh Howard maybe too

20. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

I think it will be Melo and Josh Howard. Unfortunately, Zach will get snubbed because he plays for the Blazers. Melo is the easy choice, because he averages over 30 ppg. Josh is a do everything 2nd option who can score inside, shoot, play defense, rebound, etc...and he plays for the Mavs. Those are my predictions.