Global Warming.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BrewCityBuck, Feb 3, 2007.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

If I hear one more f*cking thing about global warming I think I'm going to go F*CKING insane. Anyone else with me on this?

2. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

I AM WITH YOU!I hear about it everyday, and blah blah blah..

3. Chris

Chris BBW Elite Member

lol agreed

4. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Go to DrudgeReport.com....half it's new stories are on global warming....it's driving me mad...it's like suddenly people are finding out about it's existance...Global warming is the new; news story that everyone pretends to care about...but in the end do nothing about. Bob: "sh*t, look at this global warming thing." Sue: "OMG, this is terrible!" Bob: "What should we do?" Sue: "Well they say it's unstoppable now, what we do now wont matter." Bob: "So why are we making this into a huge deal?" Sue: "I'm tired, let's watch American Idol."

5. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

Yeah,When I saw this title I was going to start faming you for another global-warming topic but now since I realize what it's about it's cool. I'm with you BCB.

6. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

If you dont want to hear about it, dont make a topic.This is some of the worst weather Oklahoma has ever had and 2007 is only 1 month old

7. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

Global Warming is really showing it's wrath here in Detroit. Supposed to get to -14 wind chill tonight.

8. MaRdYC26

MaRdYC26 BBW Graphics Team

I though global warming was the opposite?I thought it meant the snow will MELT, and become water, and flood things and stuff..because I've noticed less snow and more icey/rain in the new jersey now.

9. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

Main Entry: sar?casmPronunciation: 's?r-"ka-z&mFunction: nounEtymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain2 a : a mode of satirical with depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm

10. Opal

Opal Active Member

Yesterday it was -14 wind chill all day. I hate it, but it is pissing me off how much they are talking about it.

11. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

2007 - projected to be the hottest year on record2006 - Hottest year on record2005 - hottest year on record before that1998 - Hottest year on record before thatjust sayin'You know what really bugs me though is how terribly written the kyoto protocol is. There's a reason the US didn't sign that sh*t. Not only that, but by article 4 part 5 it should be nullified to some extent. They really need to write a new version of it. I read the entire Kyoto protocol and it's a terrible piece of work. It has no foundation in international law and no effectivity.The other thing is that global warming is partially caused by the sun burning more helium instead of hydrogen, like all stars do when they get older. That explains why mars and mercury are experiencing global warming as well.Overall, global warming is something that should start effecting us in about 100 years, but it's getting way overhyped. On the other hand, doubters of global warming are the equivalent of doubters of gravity (we call them string theorists :dribble: )

12. MaRdYC26

MaRdYC26 BBW Graphics Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Captain @ Feb 3 2007, 06:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Main Entry: sar?casmPronunciation: 's?r-"ka-z&mFunction: nounEtymology: French or Late Latin; French sarcasme, from Late Latin sarcasmos, from Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein to tear flesh, bite the lips in rage, sneer, from sark-, sarx flesh; probably akin to Avestan thwar&s- to cut1 : a sharp and often satirical or ironic utterance designed to cut or give pain2 a : a mode of satirical with depending for its effect on bitter, caustic, and often ironic language that is usually directed against an individual b : the use or language of sarcasm</div>Kind of hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic over the internet in text. It's really much easier to tell by the way the person says it. Sorry, but you look like a f*cking ***hole right now.Plus, obviously they are going to say it. In about 30 years we are all going to die from it.

13. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

It is over-hyped, it won't affect us for ALONG time. It can be viewed as either a scare tactic, a way so the government can be like "I told you so" or its just an explanation for ignorant people.

14. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tHe_pEsTiLeNcE @ Feb 3 2007, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>2007 - projected to be the hottest year on record2006 - Hottest year on record2005 - hottest year on record before that1998 - Hottest year on record before thatjust sayin'You know what really bugs me though is how terribly written the kyoto protocol is. There's a reason the US didn't sign that sh*t. Not only that, but by article 4 part 5 it should be nullified to some extent. They really need to write a new version of it. I read the entire Kyoto protocol and it's a terrible piece of work. It has no foundation in international law and no effectivity.The other thing is that global warming is partially caused by the sun burning more helium instead of hydrogen, like all stars do when they get older. That explains why mars and mercury are experiencing global warming as well.Overall, global warming is something that should start effecting us in about 100 years, but it's getting way overhyped. On the other hand, doubters of global warming are the equivalent of doubters of gravity (we call them string theorists :dribble: )</div>I think it's being made into a big deal now because in 100 years wwe have no chance to stop or delay it but right now you could better the environment by doing simple things.

15. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

It is effin freeeeezing here. This morning it was -38 with -48 windchill...Global Warming? Naaah, we get this every winter.

16. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MaRdYC26 @ Feb 3 2007, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Kind of hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic over the internet in text. It's really much easier to tell by the way the person says it. Sorry, but you look like a f*cking ***hole right now.Plus, obviously they are going to say it. In about 30 years we are all going to die from it.</div>LMAO.How do I look like an A-hole?Is it really hard to tell sarcasm when I say something totally false?If I say it is cold, why would I say it is because of global WARMING?

17. The White T-Mac

The White T-Mac BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MaRdYC26 @ Feb 3 2007, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Kind of hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic over the internet in text. It's really much easier to tell by the way the person says it. Sorry, but you look like a f*cking ***hole right now.Plus, obviously they are going to say it. In about 30 years we are all going to die from it.</div> 30 years?by the year 2100, it will raise by 11.5 degrees TOPS. Thats not enough to kill somebody unless you live in a f*cking desert.

18. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

If the overall world temp. raises by 11.5 Degress, we are ALL screwed. 11.5 degrees is a HUMONGOUS increase. Just like 3-4 degrees would be world changing overall.

19. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>by the year 2100, it will raise by 11.5 degrees TOPS. Thats not enough to kill somebody unless you live in a f*cking desert.</div>Dude. The ICE AGE was only 6 degrees less than an average year worldwide. 11.5 degrees is double that. That's clearly a gigantic impactThe standard deviation of temperatures makes even a one degree difference worldwide substantial in localized areas. Projections show that a 2 degree increase worldwide would cause the dislocation and/or death of over 100 million people

20. The White T-Mac

The White T-Mac BBW Elite Member

well its the same temperature here as it is every year, if not colder. they need to change the name the Global Cooling.