Should Garnett be Retired as a Celtic?

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by NOVoodoo, Jul 15, 2013.

1. NOVoodoo

NOVoodoo Kickin it in 2525

I was just reading ya'lls thread about thanking Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett for their times as Boston Celtics.

That thread made me think about the great Celtics tradition of retiring jerseys, and well, while Paul Pierce has done more than enough to get his jersey retired by the Celtics, I don't think Kevin Garnett should opt to.

Kevin Garnett played with the Timberwolves for 12 seasons. He was a MVP, a 10-time All-Star, and a 3-time All-NBA Teamer, for the T-Wolves.

As a child of the 90's, I just don't think of Garnett as a Celtic; I think of him as a Timberwolf. He's one of the greatest forwards to play the game, and when people think about his legacy, they might include his two first seasons with the Celtics, but everything after that is just downhill.

So I figured I'd ask Celtic's nation, should KG be retired as a Wolf or a Celtic?

2. Rick2583

Rick2583 Chairman of the board

As a Celtic fan for 50 years I'd have to say no. But I also don't think Dennis Johnson should be up there either. Nor Ed Macauley or Cedric Maxwell. And Tom Sanders & KC Jones are only up there because of the many championship teams they were a part of. I think it was 8-9 for each of them. But there personal numbers definitely don't warrent having there #s retired either. So bottom line IMO.....Pierce definitely & KG no.

3. cmac44111

cmac44111 Banned

^
  4. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

I say let the T-Wolves have him. They have no history.. he's the best player they have had. He's merely a footnote in Celtics history.