Barca: Fabregas not for sale

Discussion in 'Europe' started by truebluefan, Jul 27, 2013.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

New Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino appears to have put an end to Manchester United’s interest in Cesc Fabregas after insisting the midfielder will remain with the club.

United have been knocked back with two bids of £25 million and £30 million for the Spain international but manager David Moyes described the Premier League champions’ interest as ongoing on Thursday.

However, at his official unveiling by the club on Friday, Martino underlined a firm desire to keep Fabregas in Catalonia, saying: "I'm not going to involve myself in the club's accounts, but considering the club has already rejected two offers, I would guess it will reject a third. In other words, Fabregas will remain here."

Martino’s words were backed up by Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu, who added: "It's logical that we've had offers for Fabregas because he is a quality player, but he is not for sale."

Read more http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1...chester-united-cesc-fabregas-not-sale?cc=5901