Blazers & KGW

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by THE HCP, Jul 31, 2013.

1. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

TRAIL BLAZERS RENEW BROADCAST AGREEMENT WITH KGW NEWSCHANNEL 8 THROUGH 2015-16 SEASON
    Partnership enters into third consecutive decade

PORTLAND, Ore. (July 31, 2013) – The Portland Trail Blazers have renewed their broadcast television agreement with KGW NewsChannel 8 for the next three seasons, the team and the NBC affiliate station jointly announced today. The agreement secures local broadcast carriage of Trail Blazers basketball through the 2015-16 season.

KGW NewsChannel 8, which has been the flagship broadcast television carrier of the Trail Blazers since the 1992-93 season, can broadcast a minimum of 16 regular season games from the upcoming 2013-14 schedule. The actual number of games aired each season is contingent on the NBA’s national broadcast schedule, which will be released next month. The Trail Blazers game telecasts on cable will also be announced at a future date.

“We have enjoyed a tremendous relationship with KGW NewsChannel 8 for the past 20 years,” said Trail Blazers President & CEO Chris McGowan. “As a result, our fans all over the state have come to know KGW as the proud over-the-air home for Trail Blazers games. We are excited to be continuing this important partnership for the next three seasons.”

The Trail Blazers’ highest-rated game last season aired on KGW NewsChannel 8 in a season-opening win against the Los Angeles Lakers on October 31, 2012. The game logged an 11.6 rating, 20 share and reached an average of 137,000 TV households per quarter hour.

“We’re thrilled to extend this long-standing partnership,” said DJ Wilson, president and general manager of KGW NewsChannel 8. “The Portland Trail Blazers are a vital part of the fabric of our community. KGW is proud to bring the excitement of “Rip City” to Trail Blazers fans in our entire viewing area through free over-the-air telecasts.”

Sent from HCPs Baller-Ass iPhone 5...FAMS!

2. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

I think KGW should just be able to broadcast all 82 of the games.

3. Mediocre Man

Mediocre Man Mr. SportsTwo

On a side note, when does the comcast agreement run out? it will be interesting to see that story develop right before and after the contract expires

4. Wheels

Wheels Is That A Challenge?!?!1! Staff Member Global Moderator

woot I get to watch at least 16 games this year!!!

5. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Rumor has it that Dish is going hard!

6. THE HCP

What exactly does this post mean in english?

7. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    It was a 10 year deal signed in 2007, so I guess we have 4 more years to go. Hopefully, advances in streaming technology will put the Blazers in a better position to market their product to a wider audience.

8. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Not sure, but it could have something to do with the Missus.

9. Wheels

if they archived games even for a couple days, I would have bought the streaming package last year. But didnt feel like wasting my money when most of the east coast games would be half done when I got home. And other time zone games even in western conference could be a problem.

10. HailBlazers

HailBlazers RipCity

HCP, what strip club did your wife get that shirt at? And what days does she dance?

11. THE HCP

Why don't people just set their DVRs to record games and stay off the internet til you get home. I do this daily for all sporing events.

12. THE HCP

Center stage at Sassy's! #ProudToBeMarriedToAStripper

13. Wheels

I do that all the time for Timbers away matches that I might not catch live, tons of other soccer too. But I cant get Comcast in Hood River FAMS!

14. THE HCP

I hear ya'! Wish this would get worked out. We have direct and my family can't even watch the games! I cna't watch the Duck games cause we don't have Pac-12 either. I have to record the Duck games at my in-laws!

15. Charcoal Filtered

Charcoal Filtered Writing Team

Notice how they said schedule to be released in August? Guess we will be waiting for atleast one more day.

16. Draco

Draco Well-Known Member

I don't get why Comcast won't let all dish people stream, even if its $10 a game people with Dish would love to have the option for parties or whatnot.

17. Wheels

Well with Dish we have Pac 12 Network so I cant complain about that with the 1 or 2 games a year on there (They struck a deal on the morning of the first Ducks game last year)

But yeah I havent been able to regularly watch the Blazers in 6 Years now?? With that there are nights I forget they are even playing. And with that lack of exposure, my interest can wander. I use to go to so many games a year. Now I've been to 2 games in the last 3 years? Against PHX in playoffs with Sly, HailBlazers, and PtldPlatypus (Thanks Mags!) and when Nick Young shot like 13 of 15 a couple years ago.

It just seems like such an easy fix to be able to archive the games so I could watch them later that day even. But probably some restrictions preventing that (at least thats what I hope is stopping them)

18. Eastoff

Eastoff But it was a beginning.

we've been joking about this for so long, I don't know if this is true.

19. THE HCP

Not sure how the archive and streaming side of it works. I do know that the NBA owns all footage of games played, NOT the teams. That's why the NBALeaguePass has all the games of each team (except nationally televised games) archived. Love that option. I was able to go back and watch the 50 something game Curry laid on the Knicks later that night. Are Blazer games blacked out on LeaguePass in your little village you live in?

20. THE HCP

I would pay somebody $10 if they can find where all the Mrs. HCP bashing started.