Von Miller out with torn ACL

Discussion in 'AFC West' started by truebluefan, Dec 23, 2013.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

A Denver Broncos defense already searching for answers as the postseason approaches will be without linebacker Von Miller for what remains of the team's season.

Miller tore the ACL in his right knee midway through the first quarter of Sunday's 37-13 victory over the Houston Texans. Miller underwent an MRI on Monday morning, and the exam confirmed what some team officials had feared after the game.

"It's definitely going to be a blow," Broncos executive vice president of football operations John Elway said on his weekly podcast, according to the team's website. "But I think that we've done a good job of handling adversity throughout the year.

"This is another bump in the road for us. Obviously Von is a big part of that defense, but I think that we were able to win six games when he wasn't available, so we'll have to pick it up for him. I feel bad for Von, because Von has done a lot of work to get back to where he is and was starting to hit his stride late in the year."

Read more http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10186530/von-miller-denver-broncos-season-torn-acl