The LeBron James 4th Quarter tracker thread.

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by BrewCityBuck, Mar 10, 2007.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

LeBron is often ripped on for not doing well late in games, not being 'clutch'. Well tonight I watched him dismantle the Bucks defense, bring his team back from a 12 point deficit to win the game, actually he made the game winning pass to Anderson Varejao. The guy was just unstoppable, took over the point...Awesome. This thread will be here to keep track of his late game heroics for everyone to see/disciss.

2. tbuc15

tbuc15 BBW Member

Did you see Steve Francis to beat the Wizz, that was sick

3. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tbuc15 @ Mar 11 2007, 12:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Did you see Steve Francis to beat the Wizz, that was sick</div> This is about LeBron... [​IMG]

4. tbuc15

tbuc15 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Mar 10 2007, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>This is about LeBron... [​IMG]</div>my bad, I just saw clutch and 4th quarter so I thought about the his game winner

5. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

hitting a game-winning shot doesn't mean you're neccesarily "clutch"yes it does but clutch is the players who step up and know when to take over in the 4th-quarter and bring their team back from large deficites or even put a close game away..not neccesarily JUST limited to hitting game winning shotsLebron has really shut up his critics though..he's been great and stepped his clutchness up

6. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ Mar 10 2007, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>hitting a game-winning shot doesn't mean you're neccesarily "clutch"</div>It is if you do it multiple times. Many players get nervous etc. and miss but it's being clutch if you knock that sh*t down.

7. LightsOut

LightsOut BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tbuc15 @ Mar 10 2007, 11:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Did you see Steve Francis to beat the Wizz, that was sick</div>Hahah, yeah that was crazy. I'll admit I jumped out my seat for that one.Anyways, back to LeBron. playa pretty much hit it on the spot. LeBron hasn't hit many clutch game winning shots in his career like Wade/Melo etc, but he's been great taking over 4rth quarters which is definitely a huge aspect of being clutch.

8. P0W3RBALLIN

P0W3RBALLIN BBW Elite Member

LeBron isn't clutch, he just makes shots. It doesn't matter what time of the game it is, he just makes shots and he misses shots as if they were any time of the game

9. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LightsOut @ Mar 11 2007, 01:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hahah, yeah that was crazy. I'll admit I jumped out my seat for that one.Anyways, back to LeBron. playa pretty much hit it on the spot. LeBron hasn't hit many clutch game winning shots in his career like Wade/Melo etc, but he's been great taking over 4rth quarters which is definitely a huge aspect of being clutch.</div>Lebron has NOT been very clutch..that's why he's been drawing criticismhe's just picked up that weakness of his game in the past couple games

10. Nitro1118

Nitro1118 BBW Elite Member

He's been better in the past 2 years, but still wouldn't consider him a clutch player. He has folded in 4th quarters when matched up vs Wade, Kobe and Melo, he has a history of missing important FT's, and never seems to hit the shot to tie or win the game.

11. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nitro1118 @ Mar 11 2007, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>He's been better in the past 2 years, but still wouldn't consider him a clutch player. He has folded in 4th quarters when matched up vs Wade, Kobe and Melo, he has a history of missing important FT's, and never seems to hit the shot to tie or win the game.</div> Well, last night he had three Bucks smothering him on the perimeter, near the corner and saw Varejao inside with good position on Skinner...and instead of forcing the shot, with 11 seconds left threw a perfect dart in there for Varejao, boom, won the game. But that doesn't show up in the highlights. For me, thats as good as a game winner.

12. Nitro1118

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Mar 11 2007, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well, last night he had three Bucks smothering him on the perimeter, near the corner and saw Varejao inside with good position on Skinner...and instead of forcing the shot, with 11 seconds left threw a perfect dart in there for Varejao, boom, won the game. But that doesn't show up in the highlights. For me, thats as good as a game winner.</div>That's nice, but his lack of killer instinct, being bi*ched out by other superstars in final minutes, 4-19 and shooting 50% from FT line in clutch situations up until the playoffs last year, and missing clutch free throws and shots overshadow the times he actually does win the game with a pass or shot. At least that is how I view LeBron and how he does in the clutch. Still too early to put him in the choker category, since he has gotten better in the clutch and looks a but more willing to take the big shots.

13. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

Yeah, Yeah, I agree with he just makes shots.But it just so happens he is 2nd in the NBA is PPG in the 4th quarter...

14. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

15. moses2121

moses2121 BBW Member

LeBron hasn't been clutch throughout his whole career but now he is finally starting to pick it up because it's playoff time. Maybe if he tried this hard the whole season he would make more baskets at the end of games.

16. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nitro1118 @ Mar 11 2007, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That's nice, but his lack of killer instinct, being bi*ched out by other superstars in final minutes, 4-19 and shooting 50% from FT line in clutch situations up until the playoffs last year, and missing clutch free throws and shots overshadow the times he actually does win the game with a pass or shot. At least that is how I view LeBron and how he does in the clutch. Still too early to put him in the choker category, since he has gotten better in the clutch and looks a but more willing to take the big shots.</div> LeBron is hardly a choker, everyone holds him up to Wade/Kobe in terms of being 'clutch' and it's tiring. LeBron doesn't make as many game winners as Wade/Carmelo/Kobe and all the sudden he's a choker....People need to give the guy a break.

17. Nitro1118

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Mar 12 2007, 03:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>LeBron is hardly a choker, everyone holds him up to Wade/Kobe in terms of being 'clutch' and it's tiring. LeBron doesn't make as many game winners as Wade/Carmelo/Kobe and all the sudden he's a choker....People need to give the guy a break.</div>It's not that he hasn't hit as many game winners, it's the fact that he misses free throws and seemingly doesn't want to take over the game or take the big shot (of course if an open man is there you need to get it to him). This is where people criticize him. But as I said, it's too early to really make a judgement there,

18. Nitro1118

Well, classic example of a LeBron choke today. 9-9 at the FT line until last 30 seconds, where he goes 0-2 when team is down by 4.

19. PistonsFan

PistonsFan BBW Member

<span style="color:#008080">Yeah I saw that, damn after going perfect on the line to mess up like that is well Yeah choking, pistons win :dribble: </span>

20. CavsRules

CavsRules BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nitro1118 @ Apr 8 2007, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well, classic example of a LeBron choke today. 9-9 at the FT line until last 30 seconds, where he goes 0-2 when team is down by 4.</div>He did indeed chock, but there was still no way in hell we had a shot at winning even if he made those two free throws. Pistons came down and made 2 ft and it would have still been a 4 point game with 8 seconds left.