Johnny Manziel to enter NFL draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by truebluefan, Jan 8, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

The wait is done.

Johnny Manziel finally made public what has been speculated for months and what leaked earlier in the day.

The Texas A&M quarterback announced on Wednesday that he will forgo his final two years of NCAA eligibility and enter the 2014 NFL draft. The news closes the book on an eventful college career, one that saw him break records and break barriers when he became the first freshman in college football history to win the Heisman Trophy in 2012.

In a statement released through Texas A&M, Manziel said it wasn't an easy decision to make.

"After long discussions with my family, friends, teammates, and coaches, I have decided to make myself available for the 2014 NFL draft," Manziel said. "The decision was not an easy one, but we all felt this was the right time to make the next step toward a professional career. My experiences here and the support of this school, coach [Kevin] Sumlin, chancellor [John] Sharp, my teammates, my classmates and Aggie football fans everywhere will be something that I carry with me for the rest of my life. I'll always be an Aggie."

Read more http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/story/_/id/10262570/johnny-manziel-declares-2014-nfl-draft