Thread: GAME THREAD: BLAZERS @ ROCKETS - 1/20/2014, MONDAY, 5:00 PM (PST), TNT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
  1. TOP #1
    Darkwebs is making friends Darkwebs is making friends Darkwebs is making friends Darkwebs is making friends Darkwebs is making friends Darkwebs is making friends Darkwebs's Avatar Hustle and Flow!

Lightbulb GAME THREAD: BLAZERS @ ROCKETS - 1/20/2014, MONDAY, 5:00 PM (PST), TNT

WHEN: 5:00 PM, MONDAY, 1/20/2014

WHERE: Toyota Center, Houston, TX

TV BROADCAST:

RADIO BROADCAST:

------------------------------------------------------

S T A R T E R S

PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS

HOUSTON ROCKETS

BENCH ROTATION

PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS

WILLIAMS , MCCOLLUM , ROBINSON , FREELAND

HOUSTON ROCKETS

LIN , BROOKS , GARCIA , CASSPI , MOTIEJUNAS

INJURIES
    ROCKETS
    Francisco Garcia (day-to-day, sore left knee)
    Greg Smith (day-to-day, sore right knee)
    Omer Asik (out, right knee injury)

HEAD COACHES
    - VS –
    TERRY STOTTS--- KEVIN MCHALE

BLAZERS' GAME NOTES
    • Monday will mark the third of four regular season meetings between Portland and Houston, with the final matchup coming on March 9 in Houston.

• The Trail Blazers and the Rockets have split the season series so far, with Houston winning the first matchup, 116-101, on Nov. 5 in Portland and the Trail Blazers winning the second matchup, 111-104, on Dec. 12 in Portland.

• On the Dec. 12 matchup, LaMarcus Aldridge posted the first 31-point, 25-rebound game in Trail Blazers history. The 25 rebounds mark a career high for Aldridge.

• On Nov. 5, James Harden scored 33 points on 11-for-18 shooting and grabbed 7 rebounds, while Dwight Howard totaled 29 points and 13 rebounds.

• Damian Lillard led the Trail Blazers in the first matchup with 22 points, four rebounds and five assists.

• In 11 of the past 13 meetings between Portland and Houston, the winning team has scored 100-plus points.

• Houston has shot .500 from the field in three of the last four meetings (.595, 47-79 FG on 2/8/12; .513, 39-76 FG on 4/5/13; .547, 41-75 FG on 11/5/13).

• Nicolas Batum posted averages of 25.3 points, 5.7 rebounds, 3.7 assists, 2.33 steals and 3.33 blocks per game against the Rockets last season.

• Thomas Robinson appeared in 19 games with the Rockets during his rookie campaign in 2012-13, where he averaged 4.5 points and 4.1 rebounds.

• Houston guard Aaron Brooks attended college at the University of Oregon.

• Wesley Matthews was teammates with Houston guard Ronnie Brewer in 2009-10 with the Utah Jazz until Brewer got traded to the Grizzlies during the season.

• Rockets G/F Francisco Garcia was teammates with Thomas Robinson throughout the 2012-13 season, getting traded from the Sacramento Kings to the Rockets with Robinson.

• HEAD-TO-HEAD MATCH-UP HISTORY
    ALL TIME: Rockets lead, 98-79
    IN PORTLAND: Trail Blazers lead, 48-41
    AT THE ROCKETS: Rockets lead, 57-31

Happy MLK Day
    and GO BLAZERS!

2. TOP #2
    Boise Blazer is becoming well known Boise Blazer is becoming well known Boise Blazer is becoming well known Boise Blazer is becoming well known Boise Blazer is becoming well known Boise Blazer's Avatar Thread Lightly

Default Re: GAME THREAD: BLAZERS @ ROCKETS - 1/20/2014, MONDAY, 5:00 PM (PST), TNT

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
    Portland at Houston tonight trying to become first team to sweep Texas Triangle since Boston in 2008. Elias says Blazers last did it in 1991

3. TOP #3
    BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan is influencing people BlazerCaravan's Avatar The People's Champ

Default Re: GAME THREAD: BLAZERS @ ROCKETS - 1/20/2014, MONDAY, 5:00 PM (PST), TNT

Nice logo graphics!
    "It would be legendary if Aldridge pulled a Willis Reed to help us win a critical preseason game." --Kingspeed

"Meyers is out tonight? That's going to seriously mess with my prediction... wait, no it won't." --riverman

4. TOP #4
    yuyuza1 has statements worth reading yuyuza1 has statements worth reading yuyuza1 has statements worth reading yuyuza1 has statements worth reading yuyuza1 has statements worth reading yuyuza1 has statements worth reading yuyuza1 has statements worth reading yuyuza1's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game

Sad to say but Beverly gives Dame more trouble than probably any other PG in the league. I hope Dame doesn't try to do too much on him just to compensate for his previous mediocre performances.

We have some serious matchup advantages with LA/Wes/Nic that he should consider.

5. TOP #5
    yuyuza1 has statements worth reading yuyuza1 has statements worth reading yuyuza1 has statements worth reading yuyuza1 has statements worth reading yuyuza1 has statements worth reading yuyuza1 has statements worth reading yuyuza1 has statements worth reading yuyuza1's Avatar Some Call me the Best in the Game

BTW, do a lot of you have the day off today? What's with all the matinee/early evening games on the schedule? This wasn't always the case with MLK day I thought

6. TOP #6
    Boise Blazer is becoming well known Boise Blazer is becoming well known Boise Blazer is becoming well known Boise Blazer is becoming well known Boise Blazer is becoming well known Boise Blazer's Avatar Thread Lightly

Quote Originally Posted by yuyuza1 View Post
    BTW, do a lot of you have the day off today? What's with all the matinee/early evening games on the schedule? This wasn't always the case with MLK day I thought
    It has been this way for at least the last 3-4 years on MLK day. It become kind of a tradition for me to watch games all day at work is the only reason I remember.

7. TOP #7
    Buffalo Blazer is developing a reputation Minor League Stand Out

From Rotowire.com regarding Terrance Jones, who has been huge for the Rockets:

Jones took a knee to his left thigh during Sunday's practice, the Houston Chronicle reports.
    Spin:
    Jones was seen icing the region following drills, thus placing some question into his availability Monday versus the Rockets. The injury is one day removed from a career-best performance, in which he racked up 36 points (14-20 FG, 1-2 3Pt, 7-10 FT) in 38 minutes. His activity level in Monday's morning shootaround could forecast his status for that evening's tilt.

8. TOP #8
    maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep's Avatar RIP Dr. Jack

There was an error in the root post. Asik doesn't have a right knee injury; he strained his right fallopian tube.

Seriously, I want this guy and his shitty attitude nowhere near our team.

9. TOP #9
    maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep is influencing people maxiep's Avatar RIP Dr. Jack

My guess is the Rockets are going to turn this game into Lawyerball. Howard and Harden are going to try to put Lopez and Wes in foul trouble first and run their offense second. That's their best chance to win.

I hope members the Academy will be watching closely tonight.

10. TOP #10
    Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus's Avatar MVP Winner

FWIW, Here's the ref assignments for the game

Marc Davis Eli Roe Josh Tiven
    "There's a few messages, one is to stay hungry & humble... Even though we're off to a good start, we haven't proven anything" - Terry Stotts

"I have a laundry machine!"

11. TOP #11

Quote Originally Posted by Strenuus View Post
    FWIW, Here's the ref assignments for the game

Marc Davis Eli Roe Josh Tiven
    I will see you ref assignments and raise you an announcers list:

Pinwheel Empire @pinwheelempire
    TNT crew is Brian Anderson (making his NBA on TNT debut, normally Brewers PBP guy), Reggie Miller and Rachel Nichols #ripcity #Blazers

12. TOP #12
    BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA's Avatar Editor in Chief

Home team winning %'s,

Davis 55%
    Tiven 54%
    Roe 37%

Tiven's 40th in fouls called per game, Roe 86th and Davis 82nd (out of 96 who've called at least 1 game)

http://www.nbastuffer.com/referee_stats
    Last edited by BrianFromWA; 01-20-2014 at 12:10 PM.
    Check out some of my longer posts at http://sportstwo.com/blog/ if you'd like.

13. TOP #13
    Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus is making friends Strenuus's Avatar MVP Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Boise Blazer View Post

TNT crew is Brian Anderson (making his NBA on TNT debut, normally Brewers PBP guy), Reggie Miller and Rachel Nichols #ripcity #Blazers
    Ooh. I don't mind taking a gander at Rachel. But we get the new guy.... Hmm.
    "There's a few messages, one is to stay hungry & humble... Even though we're off to a good start, we haven't proven anything" - Terry Stotts

14. TOP #14

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFromWA View Post
    Home team winning %'s,

Davis 55%
    Tiven 54%
    Roe 37%

Tiven's 40th in fouls called per game, Roe 86th and Davis 82nd (out of 96 who've called at least 1 game)

http://www.nbastuffer.com/referee_stats
    Oh boy... There's going to be a lot of complaining on the court tonight.

15. TOP #15
    Blazer Fanatic is becoming well known Blazer Fanatic is becoming well known Blazer Fanatic is becoming well known Blazer Fanatic is becoming well known Blazer Fanatic is becoming well known Banned

I think this is the toughest game of the trip so far. If Portland played Dallas and SA after Houston, I'd say Houston was still the toughest of the 3. I'm dreading the FTAs as well.

The good news is, Portland is performing nearly identical shooting percentages (FG%, 3P%, FT%) on the road as they are at home, AND they are the only team in the top 8 in all 3 shooting percentage categories.

16. TOP #16
    riverman is becoming well known riverman is becoming well known riverman is becoming well known riverman is becoming well known riverman's Avatar Good Enough for my Own Shoe

Heat check game, this one will be a dogfight I fear. Keeping Robin on the court and getting Howard in early foul trouble will help but Wes has to bring it on defense as well as Damian. Looking for Nico to bring offense to this one and back up his allstar interview. Triple double maybe?
    1971, now that was a summer!

17. TOP #17
    Blazer Fanatic is becoming well known Blazer Fanatic is becoming well known Blazer Fanatic is becoming well known Blazer Fanatic is becoming well known Blazer Fanatic is becoming well known Banned

Quote Originally Posted by riverman View Post
    Heat check game, this one will be a dogfight I fear. Keeping Robin on the court and getting Howard in early foul trouble will help but Wes has to bring it on defense as well as Damian. Looking for Nico to bring offense to this one and back up his allstar interview. Triple double maybe?
    Yes, the FTA of course made the foul situation implicit. Not looking forward to that at all.

Although, can we say that Freeland is another big reason Portland is so good this season? His rim defense has been a breath of fresh air from last season

18. TOP #18
    HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP's Avatar NorthEastPortland'sFinest

#5thStringRefs
    Twitter/Instagram -@bigjohnNEP ..................FAMS!

19. TOP #19
    HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP is influencing people HCP's Avatar NorthEastPortland'sFinest

With those refs...... I bet Harden shoots 30 FTs tonight. I bet Wes just got a foul called on him right now in the hotel lobby.

20. TOP #20
    BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA has several friends BrianFromWA's Avatar Editor in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by HCP View Post
    With those refs...... I bet Harden shoots 30 FTs tonight. I bet Wes just got a foul called on him right now in the hotel lobby.
    2 of the 3 are ranked 82nd or lower out of 96 refs in fouls called, and the other one 40th. How do you figure?

21. TOP #21

Because they have HIGH numbers on their Unis. According to Rice we have to watch out for refs with high numbers OBVIOUSLY! Learn the game Brian!

22. TOP #22

I bow to Rice's genius with referees. I retract my statement.

23. TOP #23

I'm reading the clutchfans game thread for tonight, and it's so good to see us being the targeted... the "statement game" team for once.

24. TOP #24

Saw this on clutchfans as well.

Lead official tonight is Eli Roe. Rockets are 1-9 in the last 10 games he has officiated......
    That 1 win though was the win vs. the Blazers earlier this season.

25. TOP #25
    BlazerAce is developing a reputation BlazerAce's Avatar Section 223

No Kevin Harlan = disappointing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information