OT: NBA2K14 on PS4

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by KingSpeed, Jan 30, 2014.

1. KingSpeed

KingSpeed Veteran

actor
    Amazing. Just got a PS4. The graphics are ridiculously good. I've been playing Spurs/Heat. LeBron and Duncan and Parker look real. Amazing.

2. santeesioux

santeesioux Just keep on scrolling by

Trolling the internet
    Meh, look at dem beard physics for the Show

[video=youtube;uj5CSgodwVc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj5CSgodwVc[/video]

3. BigGameDamian

BigGameDamian Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that NBA2K14 is just an upgraded version. The game isn't even specifically for the PS4 which means NBA2K15 will look even better! The real games for the PS4 with the exceptions of Driveclub and Infamous: Second Son will be coming out this fall.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  4. BigGameDamian

Just beat up on the heat!

5. ponderguy

ponderguy Member

i had it for the xbox one but asked microsoft for a refund. Game kept crashing back to the title screen whenever a cutscene started. It's supposed to be fixed now so might jump back in again. My Career is amazing

6. BigGameDamian

Just announced that the 360 and X1 are getting GoPro Channel Apps.

New apps are coming to Xbox 360 and Xbox One later this year featuring curated GoPro video content, Microsoft and GoPro announced today.

The upcoming GoPro Channel apps will allow users to stream videos recorded with GoPro's line of cameras, which are small and lightweight, making them them ideal for mounting in places that are usually not conducive to holding a camera.

[​IMG]

Today's announcement didn't make it clear exactly how the content would be curated, but it did note categories will include sports, athletes, and adventure. Viewers will be able to browse and view individual videos or watch multiple videos from a particular category in a row. Those who are inspired by what they see will also be able to use the app to place Microsoft Store orders for GoPro cameras and accessories

The Xbox 360 version of the GoPro Channel app will be out this spring, with the Xbox One version coming sometime this summer. Both will require Xbox Live Gold memberships in order to use.

7. ponderguy

ponderguy Member

that's cool. If they curate it well and the best videos are at the top then it could be worthwhile. Otherwise don't see much of a point in it over youtube

8. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

PS4 > Xsuck 1

9. ponderguy

ponderguy Member

lol to each their own. I love the entertainment features on xbox one. the kinect is really improved since the 360 as well. I don't think the kinect will ever be a true gaming device but it is fun to use the voice commands to zoom around the menus. since I always lose my tv remote it's nice that it turns everything on at once for me as well. the PS4 is a great gaming machine and if thats all you're buying it for then thats a great choice but now that I have a little family the xbone is great for everyone. The graphics on the games are a little worse but thats not a big deal to me. Plus I'm one of the few people to have owned a zune and subscribe to xbox music nee zune music so it's nice to have that service supported as well. It's great for parties, though there are plenty of other services that can provide the same thing. The one argument I haven't understood in the xbone vs ps4 debate though is that Sony clearly has the better exclusives. I'm really excited for Sunset Overdrive (made by the ratchet and clank people) and Titanfall (made by the Modern Warfare 2 people.) I got Dead Rising 3 at launch and it was ok. Nothing too special but the amount of zombies it could put on screen was amazing. This isn't the best example but one of the only good gifs I could find
    [​IMG]

10. BigGameDamian

I hate when people just quit when they are loosing when playing online though.

11. yenniedn

yenniedn Transplanted Blazer Fan

Enterprise Software Sales
    I hate it when people write "loosing" online though.

12. BigGameDamian

Why does Wes Mathews suck so much in NBA2K14?

13. Strenuus

Strenuus Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator

They don't have a "grit" rating.

14. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

Can't dribble or get to the rim. He'll hit when open though. Don't even think you are gonna make any of his patented step back 3s though.

15. BigGameDamian

I hate to say it again but it just pisses me off that Wes Mathews just sucks in this game!

16. ponderguy

ponderguy Member

he makes nearly every 3 you shoot if he's open he's deadly from 3. One of my favorite people to shoot with

17. BigGameDamian

Well I do my ballin online and he can't be counted on when you need a big shot.

18. ponderguy

ponderguy Member

yea thats a bit different then. The timing is so weird online. I can play All Pro fine offline but when I get online it feels like theres a bit of lag or something that changes the shots just enough to make me terrible lol

19. roywonder07

roywonder07 Member

Hey any of you play this online? If so, pm me. My record is like 42-30, most of the losses came from early psn server issues.

20. BigGameDamian

I can not tell you how much Wes Mathews sucks in this game!! Blowing wide open point blank lay ups.