Texas commission overturns Kaufman/Eye result from UFC 166

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by speeds, Feb 1, 2014.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Sarah Kaufman fought Jessica Eye at UFC 166 in October in Houston. Eye won a controversial split decision that night but today the Texas Department of Licensing and Registration has overturned the result, the popular reason (hasn't been stated) being a scoring error by judge Ruben Najera. Najera mistakenly or improperly scored the third round for Eye. The fight is now determined to be a no contest.

[​IMG]

Sarah Kaufman ‏@mmasarah 3h
    A BIG MORNING! Texas commission just overturned the result of me vs Eye to a No Decision! Not my win, but not an undeserved loss either...

Jessica Eye ‏@jessicaevileye 2h
    My goodness.Never a dull moment in The Evil Eye's life.Thanks for support, this will be sorted out in due time. Still have new fight to win!

Sarah Kaufman ‏@mmasarah 2h
    I didnt file a single thing “@irishredhd: did you file a grievance? i cant understand why else this would happen so long after?”

Sarah Kaufman ‏@mmasarah 1h
    I've been pushing for a @jessicaevileye rematch since the decision and now that it's overturned we HAVE to get at each other #ufc

2. speeds

Turns out the reason for the fight being overturned was that Eye failed a post-fight drug test. No word yet on the substance. She supposedly is on probation and will be able to compete later this month which is perplexing.

3. speeds

Eye denied having marijuana metabolites in her system but the test revealed that to be the case. Eye has apologized for the test and for being untruthful.