Spencer Wilson Signs Extension with Stamps

Discussion in 'Other American Football' started by truebluefan, Feb 5, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

Calgary Stampeders head coachand general manager John Hufnagel is pleased to announce that non-import offensive lineman Spencer Wilson has signed a contract extension. As per team policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
    Wilson, 25, is entering his fourth season with the Stampeders after coming out of the Calgary Colts junior program. He is an alumnus of Calgary's Henry Wise Wood High School.

Throughout his Stampeders career - a total of 25 regular-season contests including 12 games in 2013 - Wilson has been used at various positions on the offensive line.

"Spencer's versatility has been a very valuable asset to the team over the past few seasons and with the departure of J'Micheal Deane and Dimitri Tsoumpas, he has an opportunity to play a bigger role on the club," said Hufnagel. "It's always a good thing to have local players on the Stampeders and I'm happy that Spencer has decided to extend his stay with us."

The bulk of Wilson's game action has come in the past two seasons as he helped pave the way for Jon Cornish to win back-to-back CFL rushing titles.

"I am very excited to be a part of the Calgary Stampeders for years to come," said Wilson. "Continuing to play for the greatest city, team and organization in the CFL is awesome and the fact that this is my hometown makes it an honour.

"I look forward to working with our new coach Pat DelMonaco and a talented group of returning o-linemen as we get back on the road to the Grey Cup."

Stampeders season tickets are on sale now for the 2014 season. For more information, visit Stampeders.com or call 403-289-0258 to speak with a customer service representative.

Press release from the Calgary Stampeders