Bolden Re-Signs with Red and White

Discussion in 'Other American Football' started by truebluefan, Feb 5, 2014.

1. truebluefan

truebluefan Administrator Staff Member Administrator

[​IMG]

Calgary Stampeders head coachand general manager John Hufnagel is pleased to announce the re-signing of import defensive lineman Demonte' Bolden. As per team policy, terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
    Bolden, who had been eligible to become a free agent on Feb. 15, played 17 regular-season games at defensive tackle for the Stampeders in 2013, recording 34 tackles, four sacks, three knockdowns and two fumble recoveries. One of the sacks - during an Aug. 9 game against Saskatchewan - was for a safety. He was part of a defensive unit that led the CFL in sacks in 2013 and allowed the second-lowest point total.

Bolden missed the Western Final because of a knee injury suffered in the regular-season finale.

"Demonte' was a strong presence on the interior of our defensive line last season," said Hufnagel. "All reports indicate that his recovery is going well and I'm looking forward to seeing him back in full form at training camp."

Bolden, 28, signed with the Stampeders in 2011 after two seasons with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. He has recorded 110 career tackles to go with nine sacks and five fumble recoveries.

"I'm grateful to be returning to the Stampeders," said Bolden, a University of Tennessee alumnus. "I love the city, I love the fans, I love my teammates and it's great to be back. My knee is doing very well and I'm working hard to get ready for the coming season."

Stampeders season tickets are on sale now for the 2014 season. For more information, visit Stampeders.com or call 403-289-0258 to speak with a customer service representative.

Press release from the Calgary Stampeders